2008-09 College Bowl Season

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3800847"]Percy Harvin moves closer to returning for Florida Gators - ESPN[/ame]

OK Better be worried, OK lost one of their star players, FLA gets one back.

Am I the only one who thinks that USC's alleged "great defense" is the product of a laughable soft schedule?

No wonder the numbers look great- when you play the likes of Arizona State, Washington, Washington State, and Notre Dame, that helps!

Honestly, the Arizona Cardinals played a tougher schedule than the overrated Men of Troy!

Tomorrow, we're going to find out that USC's defense isn't great- it's the product of a soft schedule.

Am I the only one who thinks that USC's alleged "great defense" is the product of a laughable soft schedule?

No wonder the numbers look great- when you play the likes of Arizona State, Washington, Washington State, and Notre Dame, that helps!

Honestly, the Arizona Cardinals played a tougher schedule than the overrated Men of Troy!

Tomorrow, we're going to find out that USC's defense isn't great- it's the product of a soft schedule.
You could just as easily argue that Penn St hasn't seen the speed and skill that USC's defense has. Remember Penn St could barely move the ball on Ohio St, the same team that USC ground into little bits. I seriously doubt Penn St scores more than 10 points. If USC can get their offense out of neutral this game will be a rout.

If USC can get their offense out of neutral

That is the reason I'm skeptical.

In the previous 2 seasons, USC had a productive offense, and had been an offensive juggernaut for the previous few years.

Texas Tech they are not.

No, I think USC has some awesome defense. They are legit indeed.

That is the reason I'm skeptical.

In the previous 2 seasons, USC had a productive offense, and had been an offensive juggernaut for the previous few years.

Texas Tech they are not.
They don't need to be Texas Tech. When you've got an NFL caliber defense you can beat most everyone with 20 points or less. USC's offensive limitations would be a problem if they played someone like Florida or Oklahoma, but against Penn St it won't matter.

Check this page out.
You can simulate the teams in any order you like so if you think you team got screwed, you can place them where you think they should have been.
You can also use the BSC poll or the ESPN poll, ALL State top 16 or make your custom picks.
Once you chose, click Simulate and see how your team did.

[ame="http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/bracket"]College Football Playoffs Simulations - NCAA Football - ESPN[/ame]

Jimbo

What a start to the Insight Bowl.
Kansas and Minnesota.

Kansas goes 50 yards on the first play for a score and then Minnesota throws deep on the first play and connects, down around the 15 yard line and they score.

Gopher's hold Kansas on next series and goes down and scores again.

14-7 Minnesota about 4 minutes in the 1st left

Jimbo

They don't need to be Texas Tech. When you've got an NFL caliber defense you can beat most everyone with 20 points or less. USC's offensive limitations would be a problem if they played someone like Florida or Oklahoma, but against Penn St it won't matter.

You do realize that PSU has a darn good defense as well, right? That is going to be a low scoring game in all liklihood so USC better be able to put some points on the board if they want to win.

Georgia Tech looks good in their blue jerseys, but they are playing like crap. LSU's putting a whipping on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts