2008 MLB All-Star Game

J.D. Drew- MVP!!!!

He brought them back from what looked like the dead with his two-run homer, and drew a key walk that led to the winning run.

I know Young drove in the run, and I thought he could win the award, but he already has one.

Anyway,

I'm going to bed.

See you tomorrow- this game is going to make for some GREAT discussion!

He brought them back from what looked like the dead with his two-run homer, and drew a key walk that led to the winning run.

I know Young drove in the run, and I thought he could win the award, but he already has one.

Anyway,

I'm going to bed.

See you tomorrow- this game is going to make for some GREAT discussion!

I think an arguement could be made for George Sherrill being MVP.

Typical SPOILED Yankees fans, chanting Over Rated when Papelbon is pitching.

A single a bad throw by the catcher on a steal of second and a sac fly for a score and thats Papelbon's fault ?

Jimbo

Spoiled Yankee fans? Good grief. :rolleyes:

You have to be part of the rivalry to understand and appreciate the over-rated chant. That doesn't happen in the big Indians and whoever rivalry. Do the Indians even have a rival, anyway? ;)

On another note, as a Yankee fan I'd like to say what a class act Terry Francona was tonight. He's always a class act.

Sandra

Whatta game! 4 hours and 50 minutes! I love it! Unfortunately I fell asleep at apx 1am in the 13th. :( I did read the play by play text this morning. The media is already discussing changing the ASG rules to allow an alternate ending.

In a situation as last night though, hypothetically if the managers felt that they were overextending the pitchers, they could've easily swapped a pitcher with a first baseman or DH to keep within the rules. I think I remember that instance happening before. Can you imagine Morneau or Longoria pitching?! That would bring an end to the game in a hurry.

Bottom line, again, the managers have to understand that extra innings can be a possibility and that they need not pitch everyone on the team just so they get face time. (Ex. F-Rod for 1/3rd of an inning). You have 12 pitchers on each team. Let each pitcher throw for at least 2 innings and you wouldn't have this problem.

Very nice ceremony with the HOF'ers and present players.
Only problem I have with the deal is :
IS Willie Mays the ONLY CF'er deserving to be in the HOF ?
Why are there no others there with him ?

Jimbo

What I want to know is where are the rest of the players?
Kofax, Morgan, Bench??????

Bottom line, again, the managers have to understand that extra innings can be a possibility and that they need not pitch everyone on the team just so they get face time. (Ex. F-Rod for 1/3rd of an inning). You have 12 pitchers on each team. Let each pitcher throw for at least 2 innings and you wouldn't have this problem.

Exactly!! I am tired of all the complaints of not having enough players when for the first 70 years of the All-Star games they did it with fewer players. Stop picking 6 closers for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)