2008 MLB Playoffs

There is no joy in Boston! A lot of things broke last night for the Angels. In short the Angels actually showed up to the cathedral where they have spanked Boston all year. Some of Boston's fans who acted like jerks at Anaheim stadium the past couple years and a certain sports writer for the Boston Globe asked for this. Boston was never the cokcy team, never had jerkoff fans, but how soon they forget. Well, last night they got a reminder from the West Coast's version of the Sox--a team and fans just as used to annual disappointment. Maybe the Sox fans can now settle down and remember who they are, because last night-----the Angels remembered who THEY were and I don't think they'll be forgetting anytime soon.

GO ANAHEIM!!!!

-Game 4 of the ALDS between the Angels/Red Sox will decide this series. IMO, if the Angels win to tie this series up, they will have all the momentum and confidence in heading back home for a game 5.

I'm definitely on board with this.

At the risk of stating the obvious, tonight's game will come down to Lackey or Lester. Both bullpens are pretty much shot, so it will be more like a war of attrition if it goes extra innings again.

I'm definitely on board with this.

At the risk of stating the obvious, tonight's game will come down to Lackey or Lester. Both bullpens are pretty much shot, so it will be more like a war of attrition if it goes extra innings again.

Also, Bill...this year the tables are turned and it is the Sox who are banged up. I never use injuries as an excuse as a team should be able to somewhat absorb them. However, looking @ Mike grimmacing @ 3B all last night pretty much told his story.

Also, Bill...this year the tables are turned and it is the Sox who are banged up. I never use injuries as an excuse as a team should be able to somewhat absorb them. However, looking @ Mike grimmacing @ 3B all last night pretty much told his story.

KCK,

I don't have the lineups yet, but I'd be shocked if Lowell is in the lineup tonight.

This should be a great game tonight, good luck! :)

Before the playoffs, KCK, Bill and myself were hoping we'd have a couple of series that aren't sweep.

We actually get TWO game 4's tonight. Not one, but two!

BTW, when an ALDS game went up against a 'Monday Night Football' game last year, it was an almost perfect night- a thrilling Indians/Yankees game going up against a stunning Bills/Cowboys game, with two jawdropping finishes (One finish made me happy, the other didn't- try and guess which one was which)

KCK,

I don't have the lineups yet, but I'd be shocked if Lowell is in the lineup tonight.

This should be a great game tonight, good luck! :)

Lackey should not be a problem pressure wise. After all, this is not Game 7 of the World Series in his rookie year!!! But everywhere I read, Lester is just getting props for being the odds-on favorite to get the win tonight.

I agree that this has every opportunity to be the best game we have seen yet in the entire DS. I thank you and wish you all the best, also.;)

P.S. I should also like to thank the AL for keeping the DS going past 3 games!!!:D

Tremendous game last night. Like I said earlier, both teams gutted it out and the bullpens were great. As a Mets fan, it was nice to see someone get an out for a change.
Even though I picked the Angels, I think if your a Sox fan you have to be supremely confident with Lester. He's been great, he beat cancer and is a hell of a pitcher. If I was a Sox fan, I wouldn't worry about Lester.
I'm not trying to knock the Angels because I respect the Angels. They are a very good team and have a lot of scrappy players but I just think Lester is going to pitch better tonight.

As I expected, Lowell is out of the lineup tonight.

However, it is good to see Drew's name in there.

Red Sox
1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
3. David Ortiz, DH
4. Kevin Youkilis, 3B
5. J.D. Drew, RF
6. Jason Bay, LF
7. Mark Kotsay, 1B
8. Jed Lowrie, SS
9. Jason Varitek, C
-- Jon Lester, SP

How many shots of Alyssa Milano will the FOX cameras give us during the NLCS?

IMO, it'll be like Omar Moreno's wife in the 1979 World Series or Eva Longoria during Spurs games- by game 4, it'll be annoying.

Is she dating someone on either the Dodgers or Phillies or starring in a show on Fox's fall lineup? If not, you'll get maybe two or three shots of her the whole series.

Is she dating someone on either the Dodgers or Phillies or starring in a show on Fox's fall lineup? If not, you'll get maybe two or three shots of her the whole series.

She's a HUGE Dodger fan (thankfully, not a bandwagoner) and even has a baseball-related blog: *touch* 'em all

BTW, speaking of the Dodgers, WHERE are MartyinLA and DodgerKing?

You'd think they be gloating/bragging about their team.

She's a HUGE Dodger fan (thankfully, not a bandwagoner) and even has a baseball-related blog: *touch* 'em all

BTW, speaking of the Dodgers, WHERE are MartyinLA and DodgerKing?

You'd think they be gloating/bragging about their team.

They were probably the ones who verbally attacked me @ the supermarket on Saturday morning when they saw me decked out in my Angels' gear!!! :eek:

hell-freezes-over.jpg

The Tampa Bay Rays have won a playoff series.

Yep, congrats to the Rays. After 10 yrs. of being lousy, they deserve a break and boy did they get one being in the ALCS.

I'm glad the White Sox are out. I can't stand Guillen. He's such an obnoxious windbag. He's very rude and belligerent. I'm soooo happy there gone.

Down go the Angels!

The TWO best teams in baseball have been KO'd.

I guess being the Wild Card is the hip thing in baseball (four championships and seven pennants)

OTOH, at least the Halos actually played with more heart than the Cubbies.

Anyway, this sets up a David vs. Goliath ALCS.

Oh, and if you're watching the NFL game, TWO punt return touchdowns for Reggie Bush!

He should not be on the plane back home after than bone headed call . . . you've been outscored let's say 3:1 by the Red Sox after the 7th inning in the playoffs and instead of playing for a sac fly on the road, you squeeze???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)