2008 NFL Playoff Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Boldin is a punk bitch for doing that. The Cardinals should suspend him for the SB and not even let him go to Tampa. If he does play I hope that he gets laid out like Willis McGahee did last night. Maybe that will put some sense in him.

relax dude....it's not like no one was layin' their life out on the line. YES, it was extremely childish, it's one thing to playing around and wish something bad to happen to someone...it's another to mean it with malice....

relax dude....it's not like no one was layin' their life out on the line. YES, it was extremely childish, it's one thing to playing around and wish something bad to happen to someone...it's another to mean it with malice....

Seconded.

Like most football fans, I don't like these big-attitude players.

As much as I don't like Terrell Owens, I would NEVER wish he got hurt the way McGahee got leveled last night.

Helmet to Helmet is a legal hit? I love football and I love a great strong hit but helmet to helmet is unnecessary and usually leads to very serious injuries. willis will be fine but both could've been seriously injured.

Rey,
The defender (Clark) led with his shoulder, it is very obvious when you look at the play on the replay.
Yes they may have hit helmets, but he did not lead with his helmet.

Jimbo

HD MM,
Sorry to say this my friend ...
You were pathetic in this statement you made:

The torturous game which was the AFC Championship was enough to put someone to sleep. Hard hitting and defense was what we expected and we ended up getting. I hope the Steelers don't ruin Super Bowl XLIII. This team is the Debbie Downer of the NFL.

Just because the team plays GREAT D does NOT make it a BAD game.

I would much rather have a great D game than a Big 12 game in the SB with neither teams playing any D.

I suppose if the Steeler's shut down Bolden and Fitsgerald and win the game , it will be boring regardless to you and some others that also said it was boring. (you not the only one)

Ok , Arizona suddenly has a GREAT ??? offense ?, since when ???

So if the Steelers do shut them down, what does that make the game ?

Sounds like Browns and Raven fans to me.
If the Steeler's score 35 points will that make it better for you guy's ? I know it would for me !

What happens if Arizona wins and it's 13-10, Arizona won, so it would be a GREAT game ???

Jimbo

Yeah I noticed that too. I guess he felt out of the game plan but you can't blame the cards for going to fitzgerald. He is the best wr on the team. you can put boldin 2nd but that's no excuse for the attitude and much less screaming at a coach.

he should've been with the team celebrating this historic victory for the franchise as he did contribute for the season they had and that's what he needs to look at.

The screaming was uncalled for, but I can see Boldin's side of it, he's been a part of the team for a long time and a very important part, then when the Coach decided to NOT play him in the most important game of the year , that has to make you wonder.
Boldin claimed that he's been healthy, if thats the case, then it's a mistake by the coach, because Boldin is much better than the other rec's out there other than Fitz.

Jimbo

Rey,
The defender (Clark) led with his shoulder, it is very obvious when you look at the play on the replay.

Jimbo

My problem with these hits, that end up helmet to helmet, is maybe the intent is not to do it but it ends up that way. The easy way not to put yourself in that situation it to attempt to wrap up, not keep your arms at your side. The object is to tackle.

My problem with these hits, that end up helmet to helmet, is maybe the intent is not to do it but it ends up that way. The easy way not to put yourself in that situation it to attempt to wrap up, not keep your arms at your side. The object is to tackle.

So your automatically blaming the defender ?

IF you look at the play Clark went for the shoulder and Willis dropped his which put them at a potential head to head collision, this was NOT the defenders fault...
Maybe we should get the flags out and start playing that way...

This is a very violent game, you better get use to it...
You think this was bad, you should look closely at ANY kickoff play, when the whole idea is to go in and break up the wedge, I am sure hits are a lot worse on those plays.

Jimbo

Question :
For all you that rant about supporting your conference in College Football (SEC fan).
Does this go for the Pro game as well , if not why not ?

All the Browns and Ravens and Bengal fans here rooting to the Steeler's , or against them ?

If it was Philly in, would your answer be the same ?

Jimbo

Rey,

Jimbo

yeah I noticed that today.

Being a Chiefs fan I generally root for the AFC in the Super Bowl... rooting for the Cardinals this time around, which means my conference being on top at the end of the day is just a consolation prize.

There have been exceptions to that in the past... watching the Raiders lose to the Bucs was perhaps the most entertaining Super Bowl personally I've ever watched, followed distantly by some of the closer games.

5. The torturous game which was the AFC Championship was enough to put someone to sleep. Hard hitting and defense was what we expected and we ended up getting. I hope the Steelers don't ruin Super Bowl XLIII. This team is the Debbie Downer of the NFL.
Do you feel this way about your beloved Buckeyes, who play very much the same style of football - low scoring, hard hitting defense? :confused: ;)

Question :
For all you that rant about supporting your conference in College Football (SEC fan).

All the Browns and Ravens and Bengal fans here rooting to the Steeler's , or against them ?

Jimbo
Good question Jimbeaux.

College teams are usually composed of players that come from a particular conference location. Combine that with the fact that states in the South are very similar to each other culturally, and then you might understand why most SEC fans support their conference as a whole.

It's different for me in the pros. The regional connection isn't there in pro divisions that you have in college conferences. Teams are composed of players from all over the country, divisions are small, and in some instances have teams from completely different areas of the country. Fans usually support the city they grew up in or closest to, and don't necessarilly have a connection to the teams within their team's division. Sometimes they may even have a connection to teams in other divisions.

Not sure I got my point across that well, but that's my opinion anyway. :)

Last edited:
Question :

Jimbo

God no. I posed this question a few weeks ago.

If this were college football Jimbo, me, you and Cy would be like all the SEC fanboys on this site touting how superior our conference is. This is not the case. Cy can't stand Bungles and Browns. I can't stand Ravens and Stoolers. I'm rooting like hell for the Cards in the Super Bowl.

As a Browns fan born and raised in Cleveland, it has been instilled in me at a very young age to be loyal to your hometown team. I will always be proud of where I'm from and I root for the hometown team and root against the rival.

Our #1 rival growing up was the Pittsburgh Steelers. Over the years, the rivalry has become more lopsided, but my dislike for all things black and gold still run strong. Also, you have to understand my hatred for the Ravens. The slimeball ex-owner of my beloved Browns moved the franchise to Baltimore which created the bastard franchise. Actually, 2 franchises exist in the NFL because of the Browns (Ravens and Bengals). Remember, disgrunted owner Paul Brown left Cleveland to create a new franchise in Cincy.

Anyways, I hope you understand.

HD MM,
Sorry to say this my friend ...
You were pathetic in this statement you made:

The torturous game which was the AFC Championship was enough to put someone to sleep. Hard hitting and defense was what we expected and we ended up getting. I hope the Steelers don't ruin Super Bowl XLIII. This team is the Debbie Downer of the NFL.

Just because the team plays GREAT D does NOT make it a BAD game.

I would much rather have a great D game than a Big 12 game in the SB with neither teams playing any D.

I suppose if the Steeler's shut down Bolden and Fitsgerald and win the game , it will be boring regardless to you and some others that also said it was boring. (you not the only one)

Ok , Arizona suddenly has a GREAT ??? offense ?, since when ???

So if the Steelers do shut them down, what does that make the game ?

Sounds like Browns and Raven fans to me.
If the Steeler's score 35 points will that make it better for you guy's ? I know it would for me !

What happens if Arizona wins and it's 13-10, Arizona won, so it would be a GREAT game ???

Jimbo

Your right Jimbo. If this was my team I would be perfectly fine with the way they won. However, if I were somehow to be completely subjective, I do think the game was slow and boring. As an NFL fan, the Arizona/Philly game kept me on the edge of my seat in excitement. I'm just hoping for a fun and entertaining game during the Super Bowl since I have no interest in either team.

Yeah I noticed that too. I guess he felt out of the game plan but you can't blame the cards for going to fitzgerald. He is the best wr on the team. you can put boldin 2nd but that's no excuse for the attitude and much less screaming at a coach.

he should've been with the team celebrating this historic victory for the franchise as he did contribute for the season they had and that's what he needs to look at.

Another prima-dona receiver, what else is new? Was he yelling at the OC during the winning drive? If he was, he's a real team guy.:rolleyes:

laughing.gif
You're an honest gentleman HD.

Personally, I would like to see a little more offense myself.

Question :

Jimbo

God no. I posed this question a few weeks ago.

If this were college football Jimbo, me, you and Cy would be like all the SEC fanboys on this site touting how superior our conference is. This is not the case. Cy can't stand Bungles and Browns. I can't stand Ravens and Stoolers. I'm rooting like hell for the Cards in the Super Bowl.

As a Browns fan born and raised in Cleveland, it has been instilled in me at a very young age to be loyal to your hometown team. I will always be proud of where I'm from and I root for the hometown team and root against the rival.

Our #1 rival growing up was the Pittsburgh Steelers. Over the years, the rivalry has become more lopsided, but my dislike for all things black and gold still run strong. Also, you have to understand my hatred for the Ravens. The slimeball ex-owner of my beloved Browns moved the franchise to Baltimore which created the bastard franchise. Actually, 2 franchises exist in the NFL because of the Browns (Ravens and Bengals). Remember, disgrunted owner Paul Brown left Cleveland to create a new franchise in Cincy.

Anyways, I hope you understand.

I have to agree with HD, if it was the Bungles, Clowns, Pigeons and Titans (since they were the Oilers) in the Superbowl, I would root for the other team.

I have hatred for those teams, I can't stand anything or person from any of those teams, including the coaches, I despise Jeff Fischer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts