2008 NFL Playoff Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't think so... was a clean ht of a receiver going over the middle.

Helmet to Helmet is a legal hit? I love football and I love a great strong hit but helmet to helmet is unnecessary and usually leads to very serious injuries. willis will be fine but both could've been seriously injured.

Helmet to Helmet is a legal hit? I love football and I love a great strong hit but helmet to helmet is unnecessary and usually leads to very serious injuries. willis will be fine but both could've been seriously injured.

Eric Smith got a game, lets see what happens to Clark.

Monday Morning QB with HD MM: Conference Championship Edition

1. Congratulations to Arizona and Pittsburgh as they advance to Super Bowl XLIII.

2. With the Cards now in their first Super Bowl in franchise history, this now leaves only 5 teams that have never been to the big game: Browns, Lions, Saints, Texans and Jaguars.

3. Grimm vs. Tomlin. Great offense vs. great defense. The Terrible Towel vs. the former terrible team. The ultimate underdog vs. a team vying for their 6th Super Bowl. This Super Bowl has many intriguing story lines.

4. In the 3rd quarter of the NFC Championship, the Eagles came out at halftime and put extreme pressure on Kurt Warner and locked down Larry Fitzgerald. It seemed to work as they got right back into the game. Why did their game plan not consist of this from the beginning?

5. The torturous game which was the AFC Championship was enough to put someone to sleep. Hard hitting and defense was what we expected and we ended up getting. I hope the Steelers don't ruin Super Bowl XLIII. This team is the Debbie Downer of the NFL.

6. The Cards are the first team with 9 wins or fewer to advance to the Super Bowl since the 1979 LA Rams.

7. Kurt Warner is now 3-0 in Conference Championship Games. McNabb is 1-4.

8. The Cardinals decision to go for it on 4th and 1 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter at midfield was an excellent call. At the time, the Cards were only down by 1 point. The safe call would be to punt it and put the Eagles far back, play defense and get the ball back. If the Cards don't convert the 4th down, the Eagles didn't have to go much further for a field goal and a 4pt lead. In the playoffs you need to make risky calls, be aggressive and leave it all out on the field. The Cards did just that and won the game because of it.

9. Speaking of the Cardinals and their first Super Bowl appearance, seeing the players emotions and the jubilant crowd's reaction was awesome! Everything from Larry Fitgerald leaping up and down on the sidelines like a kid on Christmas, to Adrian Wilson speechless and crying during a post game interview. Now that's what football's all about! That's why you play the game.

10. And now for the popular discussion of whether or not Kurt Warner belongs in the Hall of Fame. To me, the TD drive in the 4th quarter sealed his fate. This will be his 3rd Super Bowl. He's already won the big game once and was the MVP of Super Bowl XXXIV. He was league MVP twice (1999, 2001). Warner's career passer rating (93.8) is 3rd all time behind Steve Young and Peyton Manning. The ultimate ending to a great story of course would be for the 37-year-old to go out with another Championship, but as far as personal accomplishments, I think Warner is a no brainer for the Hall of Fame.

It only became helmet to helmet when Willis LOWERED his head to prepare for impact. When you see the replay, it looks like he lead into the hit should first.

Did anyone see Anquan Boldin on the sidelines screaming at his Offensive Coodinator? Even after the game when the Cards advanced to the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, it's being reported that Boldin went directly to the locker room and didn't celebrate with the rest of the team.

What was his deal?

Did anyone see Anquan Boldin on the sidelines screaming at his Offensive Coodinator? Even after the game when the Cards advanced to the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history, it's being reported that Boldin went directly to the locker room and didn't celebrate with the rest of the team.

What was his deal?

From what I hear, he has been basically not used at all since his game with the JETS where he was alomst decapitated. Since he came back from the injury, it has been almost exclusively to Fitzgerald. I say he is looking to get traded...

What was his deal?

Yeah I noticed that too. I guess he felt out of the game plan but you can't blame the cards for going to fitzgerald. He is the best wr on the team. you can put boldin 2nd but that's no excuse for the attitude and much less screaming at a coach.

he should've been with the team celebrating this historic victory for the franchise as he did contribute for the season they had and that's what he needs to look at.

From what I hear, he has been basically not used at all since his game with the JETS where he was alomst decapitated. Since he came back from the injury, it has been almost exclusively to Fitzgerald. I say he is looking to get traded...

if that's the case I would love him here in miami!

if that's the case I would love him here in miami!

....LOL...that lead me to the 2nd part of my comment. His agent, Drew Rosenhouse does the Sunday night sports show HERE with WSVN(Fox) and there is a HEAVY rumor from my contacts back in Chicago(he represents a few Bears and I still have some connections) that he wants Boldin HERE in Miami.:D

....LOL...that lead me to the 2nd part of my comment. His agent, Drew Rosenhouse does the Sunday night sports show HERE with WSVN(Fox) and there is a HEAVY rumor from my contacts back in Chicago(he represents a few Bears and I still have some connections) that he wants Boldin HERE in Miami.:D
:up

Boldin's also coming back from a hamstring injury. Remember last round against the Panthers he didn't even play. Maybe he was slowed by the injury and wasn't as open as Fitz?

Boldin's also coming back from a hamstring injury. Remember last round against the Panthers he didn't even play. Maybe he was slowed by the injury and wasn't as open as Fitz?

that's what it looked like to me but still no excuse for the attitude.

What was his deal?
Boldin is a punk bitch for doing that. The Cardinals should suspend him for the SB and not even let him go to Tampa. If he does play I hope that he gets laid out like Willis McGahee did last night. Maybe that will put some sense in him.

I can't believe this isn't being talked about, but Larry Fitzgerald tied one record and broke another.......

Fitzgerald's three touchdown catches in Sunday's 32-25 win over Philadelphia for the NFC title matched the most in any conference championship game. Gary Collins of the Browns did it against Baltimore in 1964, and Preston Pearson of Dallas matched that against the Los Angeles Rams in the 1975 season.

Fitzgerald's most impressive record is one that he's sure to add to it in the Super Bowl. His 419 yards receiving are the most for any player in one postseason in NFL history, surpassing the 409 set by Jerry Rice of San Francisco in 1988.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)