2008 NFL Playoff Thread

That punt late in the 4th was the game changer. Indy got backed up, had to give it back and set the Chargers up with great field position. Same thing happened in the Panthers-Giants game a couple of weeks ago. If that kick went into the end zone the Colts may have hung on.

BTW, given how the Bolts have eliminated Indy from the playoffs two years in a row, I think Indy's Super Bowl season was largely due to NOT playing the Chargers.

Who needs LT when you have Sproles?

let me tell you that you may be on to something. LT can't stay healthy and sproles is so small it's hard to grab the little sucka:D LT has been a hell of a RB but this season he hasn't been himself due to many reasons. So we'll see more of sproles next week. having a 2 back system in this league is important too so it's good to know you got someone like sproles back there

Norv Turner is beginning to remind me of Wayne Fontes, the old Lions coach. Both are much maligned coaches that no one respects, yet they find a way to win when they have to. I bet Lions fans wish they could go back to the good old days of Wayne Fontes. :D

Norv Turner is beginning to remind me of Wayne Fontes, the old Lions coach. Both are much maligned coaches that no one respects, yet they find a way to win when they have to. I bet Lions fans wish they could go back to the good old days of Wayne Fontes. :D

and you can hang keys on their faces too. :confused:

Matt Millen is on the post/pregame show? Seriously, I'm going to get expert coverage from a guy who under his leadership was 34-81. Your kidding me, right?

Actually....He was VERY humble in accepting that HE was at fault for what has happened in Detroit. I can respect him for that.

Thought I'd come back and put some scores on today's action.

Cardinals 31 Falcons 27
Chargers 30 Colts 28

Fresh off 2 W's yesterday.

Thoughts for today:

Hard call a team that lives off the turnover versus one that doesn't turn it over. Low scoring close battle give it to the Ravens late

Ravens 16
Dolphins 13

You hear it here first: Chargers go into Pittsburgh and kick the Steeler's ass right out of the playoffs.

Late game:
Close but Westbrook finds a way to make a key play late

Eagles 24
Vikings 20

It was truly a good day at the University of Phoenix Stadium yesterday.
I've been to a lot of games there and yesterday was by far the loudest it has ever been. It absolutely had an effect on the Falcons.
Before the player introductions they put this quote from the Atlanta paper on the jumbotrons;
“If you have to play on an opponent’s field in January, you pray Arizona is the opponent.”
It was on after that!

It was truly a good day at the University of Phoenix Stadium yesterday.
I've been to a lot of games there and yesterday was by far the loudest it has ever been. It absolutely had an effect on the Falcons.
Before the player introductions they put this quote from the Atlanta paper on the jumbotrons;
“If you have to play on an opponent’s field in January, you pray Arizona is the opponent.”
It was on after that!

LOL!!! Gotta love bulletin-board material....:rolleyes:;)

Just heard that Atlanta's Mike Smith was named NFL Coach of the Year.

He edged Sparano by ONE VOTE.

That shows just how tough this decision was.

Just heard that Atlanta's Mike Smith was named NFL Coach of the Year.

He edged Sparano by ONE VOTE.

That shows just how tough this decision was.

I don't get it....EVERYONE knows I am a Raider fan and could really care less about the Dolphins...but how can he NOT win it??!! To help a team go from almost losing every single game to being a 3rd seed in the playoffs is almost unheard of....

...so IF the Dolphins were to win the Super Bowl....does ANYONE actually think Mike Smith is MORE deserving that Tony Sparano??!!

Best seasons of my life. How sad is that?

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

I don't get it....EVERYONE knows I am a Raider fan and could really care less about the Dolphins...but how can he NOT win it??!! To help a team go from almost losing every single game to being a 3rd seed in the playoffs is almost unheard of....

...so IF the Dolphins were to win the Super Bowl....does ANYONE actually think Mike Smith is MORE deserving that Tony Sparano??!!

couldn't agree more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)