2008 Prius Sirius Installation Problems

leftie1277

Original poster
May 8, 2008
I have a 2008 Package 2...I bought the Sirius SC-C1 and the TOY SC1 tuner and interface unit.

I brought it to get installed today, the shop I brought it to installed it and then informed me that my 2008 does not have a Satellite ready Radio.

Everything hooked up fine but there was no way to switch to "Satellite Mode" as there is no satellite (SAT) button on my radio.

The buttons I have are (Right to left)
-Volume-
Seek.Track-
AM-
FM-
Disk.Aux
Scan
Tune.File

Is this true that I cannot hook up Satellite radio to this??? Please dont tell me I am SOL

Is there anyway around this?? I have heard that hitting the AM button twice will switch to the Satellite input, the shop told me that they tried doing this and nothing happened

Thanks

-Matt

thanks...I looked at the section, unfortunately you have to buy their kit.

I am sure that I have read somewhere that regardless of what package you buy with the Prius, they are all satellite ready..

-Matt

Probably meaning that the AUX can be used for it....They (car cos, etc) are shifty like that.

thanks...I looked at the section, unfortunately you have to buy their kit.

I am sure that I have read somewhere that regardless of what package you buy with the Prius, they are all satellite ready..

-Matt

Only packages 3 and above are satallite ready...

I cannot post the link as this is my first post but it is on the Toyota website listing all the packages for the Prius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)