2009 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament

Carolina vs. Oklahoma. Will it be as dramatic as the last time these teams met?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATk7kC0r-Rs&NR=1[/ame]

At least this time, both teams are equally good.

(OU was a trendy FF pick- that 1990 UNC team, IMO, was probably the only team during Dean Smith's phenomenal run of 13 straight Sweet 16's that I don't think was as good as others.)

Congratulations to UConn. First team into the Final Four. I guess they like those desert regionals. 3-3 when coming through Arizona.

UConn's Final Four run looks all the more impressive considering the season-ending injury to leading-scorer Jerome Dyson.

(Try to imagine if the 1999 team had to win the whole tournament without Rip Hamilton)

Also, this team seemed much better prepared for the tourney than their #1 seed of 2006- played three good tourney games, and never let Mizzou get in their heads ala George Mason.

(This team's better than the much-hyped 2006 team- didn't have a big guy ala Thabeet)

Oh, and unlike the 1999 and 2004 teams, they beat a GOOD team in the West Regional Final.

Their two title teams faced a 10 and 8 seed, respectively- this year, they beat a very good Mizzou team.

You know how every year, there is at least one of the four teams left in the tournament that some fans will oot against?

Well, if Villanova beats Pitt and makes the Final Four, they'll be the one team I don't want to see winning it all.

(Bill told me to bit a less pessimistic in my posts.)

Missouri played well. They just couldn't hit any 3's in the 2nd half. They're a fun team to watch. Ought to be good in the future.

Hey Guys, I am back from my conference . . . did I miss anything ???

Oh that's right, some bully by the name of Villanova walked into the prep schoolyard called Duke and bitch smacked them up and down all night . . . what a pathetic showing !!!!!!!

Hey Guys, I am back from my conference . . . did I miss anything ???

Oh that's right, some bully by the name of Villanova walked into the prep schoolyard called Duke and bitch smacked them up and down all night . . . what a pathetic showing !!!!!!!

And was it sweet as pie. :D

Go UConn and congrats. Proud of the Big East this year. Makes the ACC look like Yankee Conference.

Villanova did NOT deserve to win.

UNC, Oklahoma- PLEASE, PLEASE beat them next week.

I hope Villanova gets blasted in Detroit- Pitt would have given the Sooners or Tar Heels a great battle.

I feel like I want to cry for Pitt.

Villanova did deserve to win, they played hard, they made their FT's.
I hope UNC loses :).
I want Oklahoma to make it to the championship game :)

Villanova did NOT deserve to win.

UNC, Oklahoma- PLEASE beat them next week.

They got two home games in Philly, and held off a game they should have lost.

Damn you, Nova- damn you.

GMAFB will ya. Just because YOU didn't want Villanova to win, doesn't mean they didn't deserve to win! :confused: :rolleyes:

I wanted Pitt to win, but they lost. Those are the breaks.

Congrats to Nova on a great win and a trip to the Final Four, and congrats to a gritty Pitt team on a great year!

Memo to Celtics: I WANT Lavance Fields!! :up

Memo to Sabres: lay off the caffeine! :rolleyes:

How is MLB Network?

NCAA Basketball 2008-09 Season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)