2009 MLB Playoffs

Sunday's NLCS Game 3 on TBS/TBS-HD

Dodgers (Kuroda) at Phillies (Lee)- 8:07pm ET/5:07pm PT

Now that I have had time to digest last evening's debacle I have come to this clear cut conclusion...

The loss belongs squarely on the shoulders of Fuentes. You can't blow saves in playoff games. (Does the name Joe Nathan ring a bell????) No matter how you can slice/dice/shake/bake/disect last night's loss to the Mighty Yankees, the game should have ended with Fuentes getting ARod to make an out and end the game.

Period.:mad:

P.S. Anyone wanna start wagering on:

1.) Whether or not we see Fuentes should another save situation arise in the ALCS this week?

2.) The Angels send Fuentes packing in the off-season.

Now that I have had time to digest last evening's debacle I have come to this clear cut conclusion...

The loss belongs squarely on the shoulders of Fuentes. You can't blow saves in playoff games. (Does the name Joe Nathan ring a bell????) No matter how you can slice/dice/shake/bake/disect last night's loss to the Mighty Yankees, the game should have ended with Fuentes getting ARod to make an out and end the game.

Period.:mad:

P.S. Anyone wanna start wagering on:

1.) Whether or not we see Fuentes should another save situation arise in the ALCS this week?

2.) The Angels send Fuentes packing in the off-season.
Although I agree, that ball that A-Rod hit would not have been a HR in most other parks.

I'll still take Nathan if I have a choice.
he may have blown it this year, but I'll take him.
Would the Angels ?

btw, I have NO IDEA if he's available ...

Although I agree, that ball that A-Rod hit would not have been a HR in most other parks.

Doesn't matter, DK. You can't pick and choose the field on which you play. We had all hoped the scare Big Mike put into Fuentes the final weeks of the season had changed him. It didn't.

I don't care how many games you save in the regular season, it's the ones in the post season that matter most. (A huge tip'o the hat to Mr. Rivera!):hatsoff:

I'll still take Nathan if I have a choice.
he may have blown it this year, but I'll take him.
Would the Angels ?

btw, I have NO IDEA if he's available ...

I believe the Twins have him singed to a multi-year, and I'm glad of that.

Fuentes shoulders the blame here. The Angels had that game won. Scioscia never should have put Fuentes in there. He has given up too many longballs. The Angels aren't up against the wall now, but they need to get it together. They've yet to show up in this series. Not many halo fans slept well last night.....at least FIGHT!

WOW! Listening to the radio, Vinny has a cold. He is very stuffed up. I can't remember the last time he called game sounding like this. I hope he feels OK.

I applaud the Dodgers Radio Network for synching the radio broadcast with TBS. The Angels Radio Network has not synched with TV and the delay sucks.

Last edited:
Now we can definitely say it is over. Not even the best hitting team in baseball history is coming back from this deficit.

It just occured to me...how embarassing would it be for L.A. who has TWO teams in the LCS to lose and turn it over to the East Coast?:eek:
The best matchups for ratings would occur in this order:

1. Yankees Dodgers
  2. Angels Phillies
  3. Yankees Phillies
  4. Angels Dodgers

Monday's ALCS Game 3 on Fox/Fox-HD
Yankees lead series, 2-0
Yankees (Pettitte) at Angels (Weaver)- 4:13pm ET/1:13pm PT

Monday's NLCS Game 4 on TBS/TBS-HD
Phillies lead series, 2-1
Dodgers (Wolf) at Phillies (Blanton)- 8:07pm ET/5:07pm PT

I know this a baseball site but I never thought I would see the day when the Phillies would outscore the Eagles. By the way DK please don't put the hex on my Phillies by conceding the series. I hate being the favorite because I get too emotional when we lose a game we are supposed to win.

I know this a baseball site but I never thought I would see the day when the Phillies would outscore the Eagles. By the way DK please don't put the hex on my Phillies by conceding the series. I hate being the favorite because I get too emotional when we lose a game we are supposed to win.
Baseball usually does outscore football. The average baseball game scores more than the average football game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)