2009 NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament

Bill, what teams played that "score with less than a second" game?

I've been too busy with the Sweet 16. Please catch me up on that game; deinitely sounds great.

Bill, what teams played that "score with less than a second" game?

I've been too busy with the Sweet 16. Please catch me up on that game; deinitely sounds great.

Facing elimination, Minnesota-Duluth tied the game with 0.8 seconds left.

They're currently in OT on ESPNU (HD).

What a GREAT game............congrats, Iceberg! :) :up

Hard to believe UMD's win was the first (and only) of the night by the higher seed.

I lost my voice screaming at the TV...damn I should go tomorrow since its only 1/2 hour drive from the house ;)
(since the Goofers were hosting and didnt make it at all folks are dumping their rickets dirt cheap....cant see paying 50 bucks for the game...should ahve got the 3 game 80 buck package) ;)

correction...they were down by 2 and scored on a 6 on 4 PP with 39 seconds to go

then got the goal with .8 left :D:D

OMG, I didn't realize THAT!! :eek:

I must have had the basketball game on then. I figured they scored their third goal with around 2-3 minutes left.

WOW, just incredible!

Saturday's schedule (all times Eastern):

East Regional Final @ Bridgeport, CT
(4) Air Force vs. (3) Vermont- 6:30 PM (ESPNU-HD)

West Regional Final @ Minneapolis, MN
(4) Miami (Ohio) vs. (2) Minnesota-Duluth- 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

Northeast Regional Semifinals @ Manchester, NH
(3) New Hampshire vs. (2) North Dakota- 2:00 PM (ESPN2)
(4) Ohio St. vs. (1) Boston University- 5:30 PM (ESPN2)

Midwest Regional Semifinals @ Grand Rapids, Michigan
(3) Cornell vs. (2) Northeastern- 4:00 PM (ESPNU)
(4) Bemidji State vs. (1) Notre Dame- 7:30 PM (ESPN Classic)

Last edited:
it was an incredible game. I sent my buddy a text with :( when it was 4-2 thinking that they lost. Then I call him screaming when they tied it :)

Yeah the goal was with 39 seconds left on a pp....the goal with .8 left the goalie royally screwed up. UMD shot it and Princeton goalie grabbed it but then dropped it to the side thinking the game was over....

it wasnt :D

(4) Miami (Ohio) vs. (2) Minnesota-Duluth- 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)....Would I pick against them??????? :D

(4) Bemidji State vs. (1) Notre Dame- 7:30 PM (ESPNU)...heart says Bemidji..brain says Notre Dame

(4) Miami (Ohio) vs. (2) Minnesota-Duluth- 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)....Would I pick against them??????? :D

(4) Bemidji State vs. (1) Notre Dame- 7:30 PM (ESPNU)...heart says Bemidji..brain says Notre Dame

Can't argue with those picks! :up

I'd like to see Northeastern win, but something tells me the Huskies Cinderella season is coming to a screeching halt!

I had to laugh as the UMD Penalty Box (the name of the student section at the DECC about 7 years ago) folks (the same ones from 7 years ago) were there in togas :D

oh and the ring leader brought of out retirement the helmet with the goal light on it :D

tomorrow is going to be a blast

I had to laugh as the UMD Penalty Box (the name of the student section at the DECC about 7 years ago) folks (the same ones from 7 years ago) were there in togas :D
oh and the ring leader brought of out retirement the helmet with the goal light on it :D

I saw that and I was LMAO! :D

tomorrow is going to be a blast

Yes indeed! Six hockey games and two regional Final basketball games.........March Madness at it's finest! :up

tv correction in bold
Saturday's schedule (all times Eastern):

(4) Miami (Ohio) vs. (2) Minnesota-Duluth- 9:00 PM (ESPNU-HD)

(4) Bemidji State vs. (1) Notre Dame- 7:30 PM (ESPN CLASSIC)

They've done things like that before

togas
overalls like farmers
flannel with suspenders like lumberjacks...they even let them bring an axe into the building

but my favorite has to be when UMD swept MN in 4 games in a season...hadnt been done in 60 years. 03-04 season

The day of the 4th game a bunch of us went to the dollar store (in lumberjack gear) to get some brooms. They had 1/2 dozen or so brooms out there. The conversation went like this
us to the lady working "do you have anymore brooms"?
lady..let me check...yep I have some
us...how many do you have?
lady...oh let me check......she comes back and says "4 dozen"..how many do you want?
us..."all of them" :D

apparently folks bought up all the brooms at all the dollar stores in the area that night to see some magic :D

crappy youtube video of the last minute of play in regulation....still amazing :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgveHcea0kc]YouTube - UMD Bulldogs Vs. Princeton Tigers last minute[/ame]

well that was a quick OT

UNH wins 45 seconds into OT

6-5 UNH :(:(

Sorry about that, Iceberg.

I thought it was pretty unfair that three seed UNH, got to play in Manchester.

I can absolutely understand a 1 or 2 seed, but IMO, a 3 or 4 seed shouldn't get to play at home.

Now if BU wins today, UNH will have the benefit of playing the #1 team in the country, on their home ice, for a spot in the Frozen Four!

I was really looking forward to a BU-North Dakota showdown tomorrow, it just wasn't meant to be. :( Nonetheless, it was another GREAT game.

no biggie...it was a great game

heck, if Minnesota would have got in, they would have got in and been able to play on their home ice as a 4 seed (they were tied for 15th in the power rankings

IRON BOWL/// BLACK FRIDAY????

Fallen officers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)