2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Wings fans are NOT crying ....
The Pens were SUPPOSE to win tonight, they played at home and Bettman wanted the series to go 7 ...
NBC is happy as well , for that matter, Mr. Illitch is happy tonight as well.
We're just picking on Detfan tonight. He posted 3 times and was bitching about calls in each one. Too easy to call it whining. Couldn't let it go by without a little ribbing. ;)

So... you think this game will garner good ratings on Friday?

Everything's set up- Penguins going for redemption, Detroit going for a repeat, and it's bot going up against any serious TV competitiob.

I too am happy tonight.
Wings have the opportunity to WIN the Cup at HOME for a change, most of the time they end up winning on the road.

This way we can all celebrate on Friday night. :up
I just heard they haven't hosted a game 7 in the finals since '56. Is that right? They've won all those cups in six or less, or without home ice advantage? Impressive.

believe me, there were plenty of MISSED calls, obvious ones too.
There always are, and both ways if you're really serious about spotting them. Just seems that some people bitch about them more than others. It can get a little irritating to hear when you're trying to enjoy the game. Even worse to hear when your team is the one that's getting its arse kicked!
laughing.gif
That's why I stopped posting while watching one of my teams play. Tonight I made an exception since I thought Detroit might win the cup again. Wanted to join in on the fun.

Last edited:
So... you think this game will garner good ratings on Friday?

Everything's set up- Penguins going for redemption, Detroit going for a repeat, and it's bot going up against any serious TV competitiob.

...this series is great for the NHL and all of us hockey fans.

It'll be interesting to see what the ratings of Friday night's game will be.

While I wish of course Wings would win last night, Pens took care of business at home, as they have for the past month. Seventh game on a friday night! Lets go wings!!

Congrats to the Pens tonight on their big win! Game 7 back in the Joe should be a good one. Unfortunately, I have to head back to Virginia early Thursday morning so I won't get to share in the local buzz and excitement.

Will you be back home in time for the game ?
I am working Thursday so our chances of getting together come down to Wens. night or not !

While I wish of course Wings would win last night, Pens took care of business at home, as they have for the past month. Seventh game on a friday night! Lets go wings!!

This has been quite a run for the Pens when you figure the Pens were well OUT of the playoffs over half way thru the season ...

Congrats Pens on your hard work to get where you are now.

Friday night should be a great game.....

I heard on NHL Network the other day they were taking calls about who would win (last night) as well as what you would have to eat and drink as well ....

What will you guy's be planning for food and beverage for Friday ???

This has been quite a run for the Pens when you figure the Pens were well OUT of the playoffs over half way thru the season ...

Congrats Pens on your hard work to get where you are now.

Friday night should be a great game.....

I heard on NHL Network the other day they were taking calls about who would win (last night) as well as what you would have to eat and drink as well ....

What will you guy's be planning for food and beverage for Friday ???

I'm going to my neighbor's for the game (again) and he is a huge Wings fan. His daughter works in the bakery at Costco and plans to have a "Stanley Cup" cake with a Red Wings logo on it. They're pretty confident of the win at home I guess. I have to say I agree with them. Should be fun. :)

Well, this what we watch hockey for. A rare game 7 in the finals for the Red Wings, pretty much as I said it would go. Well, actually exactly as I said it would go. The Wings were out played the first 2 periods. This game could have easily gotten way out of hand if it weren't for the brilliance of Ozzie. Still can't believe Cleary missed on that breakaway. Waited a little too long to pull the trigger.

The good news is that we're at home on Friday, and yes, it would be nice to win this in front of our crowd. This has been a great series, and it has drawn a lot of national attention. Too bad some team has to lose. Pittsburgh will get over it once again.

Is there anything, in ANY sport, more intense than a Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals??

I personally don't think so.

Can't wait for Friday night! :)

Is there anything, in ANY sport, more intense than a Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals??

I personally don't think so.

Can't wait for Friday night! :)

I know everybody here without a team in this game is hoping for a well played tight game, but speaking for the senior citizen fans of the Red Wings (mainly me), I don't think my heart can take a close one. Game 5 was more my speed. As a hockey fan, I hear what you're saying Bill, but I got two little ones to get through college.;)

Well, this what we watch hockey for. A rare game 7 in the finals for the Red Wings, pretty much as I said it would go. Well, actually exactly as I said it would go. The Wings were out played the first 2 periods. This game could have easily gotten way out of hand if it weren't for the brilliance of Ozzie. Still can't believe Cleary missed on that breakaway. Waited a little too long to pull the trigger.

The good news is that we're at home on Friday, and yes, it would be nice to win this in front of our crowd. This has been a great series, and it has drawn a lot of national attention. Too bad some team has to lose. Pittsburgh will get over it once again.

Nostradamus today.... Nostra??????? Saturday.

To be continued.... :D

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)