2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Thursday's Playoff Schedule

Carolina at Pittsburgh- ECF Game 2 (Penguins lead series 1-0)- 7:30pm ET [Versus (HD), TSN (HD), RDS (HD)]

Wow ....
High scoring game here 3-3 in the 2nd period.

What happened to the defense, is this all the eastern conference has to offer ?
Yes, very good game going on between Pittsburgh and Carolina: 3-3 with about 4-minutes left to play in the 2nd. However, I don't see where either of these teams can beat the Red Wings should they take care of business with the Blackhawks. We shall see.

Anybody find it odd that the fans in Pittsburgh did the "White Out" thing tonight, yet the Pens are wearing their Black uniforms ?
In essence, the fans are wearing the same color that the Hurricanes are wearing.

Anybody find it odd that the fans in Pittsburgh did the "White Out" thing tonight, yet the Pens are wearing their Black uniforms ?
In essence, the fans are wearing the same color that the Hurricanes are wearing.

Believe or not (and I remember Sandra touched on this a while back), I STILL can't get used to the home team wearing the dark jerseys and the road team their whites.

Even with my Bruins, when I tune into a game that's in progress, if I see the B's wearing their black uni's it takes me a moment to realize that they're playing at home. :eek:

Believe or not (and I remember Sandra touched on this a while back), I STILL can't get used to the home team wearing the dark jerseys and the road team their whites.

Even with my Bruins, when I tune into a game that's in progress, if I see the B's wearing their black uni's it takes me a moment to realize that they're playing at home. :eek:

Yes, this happened several years ago.
I hate it, your White uni's should be your Home uni's.

+3...I too love the white unforms at home and have no idea why the NHL changed this a few years back. I'll have to research this because it makes absolutely no sense. :confused:

Anyway, unless Chicago or Carolina win 4-out-of-the-next-5 it looks like a Detroit vs. Pittsburgh rematch. It should be interesting to see what happens when the home-ice advantage shifts starting tomorrow night. :eureka

Also, nice win the :tux: this evening. I've always wanted to use the :tux: icon, but I never could figure out what it was for.:confused: Hey, where and the heck is the Red Wing icon? :rolleyes:

I used to live in Detroit from 66 76 and when I started to follow the Wings they wore the dark unis at home.
Then they went to the light unis at home and I have never liked that.
I hope they keep it dark at home.
I had the idea that it was always dark at home for the original six league.

Friday's Playoff Schedule

Detroit at Chicago- WCF Game 3 (Wings lead series 2-0)- 8:00pm ET [Versus (HD), CBC (HD), RDS (HD)]

Western Conference Finals: Detroit leads series, 2-0

Fightin' words: Blackhawks fans put Wings in world of hate

Source

The chant from the Blackhawks' crowd at the United Center is simple but gets its point across.

"Detroit sucks! Detroit sucks!"

Get the picture?

This is how the Red Wings are expected to be serenaded before, during and after the upcoming two Western Conference finals games in Chicago, but this is nothing new between the Original Six rivals. The Wings have a 2-0 lead against the young Blackhawks, playing in their first conference finals since 1995, heading into tonight's Game 3. This is the first of two games at the United Center.

Full Article

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)