2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Here come the CHEAP stuff from the Pens .... at least when the Wings were down and out the other night, they didn't resort to cheap shots.

Malkin with a CLEAR elbow to the HEAD and GLASS, what a classy guy when things don't go his way.

Same crap the Hawks did too..These young kids just don't get that the Wings do not take the bait..They would rather take the goals..Hahaha, great statement they made tonight.

Whether Pavel is 100% or less then, they have to play us different when he is out there..Was a nice thing to see.

Things bouncing around in my head !

Pavel Datsuk is arguably the Wings best player, depending how you look at it, between him and Hendrick Zetterberg.
Where would the Pens be if they played the first 4 games without Crosby and or Malkin ?

How is Pavel Datsuk feeling today ?

Wings could be without Pavel for the next game .... all depends on how the foot responds today and how it was after he took his skate off last night.

Have you ever seen home Ice/field/court mean MORE than in the NHL Playoffs ?

Home Ice never guarantees anything, but it sure does help. Remember the Wings did NOT win the President's cup (most points ) this year, that went to San Jose.

Many years the Presidents cup is a guarantee to NOT win it all.
Detroit has broke that curse several times in recent history.

Wings going back to Pittsburgh, now it's the Pens turn to hold home ice advantage...
Will we have similar results ?

The Wings now have the opportunity to have Z and Pavel on separate lines now, meaning they don't have to have Z follow him all over the ice if they don't want too. They can split time with Crosby's line, this too should help in the overall scheme of things.

What's up with this schedule NHL ?
They RUSH the first 2 games to a weekend back to back (for NBC I'm sure) ... then back to normal where you play every other night, now they play 2 games in 7 days ?????

fwiw, Datsuk had 2 assist, played over 17 minutes and was a +3 on the night.

I expect another very good game between these two powerhouses.

Jimbo

Last edited:

NBA Finals

Ryan Leaf - at least SOMEBODY wants him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)