2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

So the whole season, all those games, come down to one single game tonight. Home ice and Ozzie will be the difference IMO. This has been the best playoffs I've seen since 1997.

GO RED WINGS!!!

Good luck to both teams tonight. Here's to a great and exciting game! :up

I'll be rooting for the Red Wings (I have nothing against the Pens, I've just always admired the way the Wings organization goes about their business).

IMO, the Wings are THE model franchise in all of sports.

So the whole season, all those games, come down to one single game tonight. Home ice and Ozzie will be the difference IMO. This has been the best playoffs I've seen since 1997.

GO RED WINGS!!!

It's amazing when you think about. These players started training camp in Sept., now here we are on June 12 ready to crown a champion!

Good luck to both teams tonight. Here's to a great and exciting game! :up

I'll be rooting for the Red Wings (I have nothing against the Pens, I've just always admired the way the Wings organization goes about their business).

IMO, the Wings are THE model franchise in all of sports.

It's been an amazing run. 18 straight seasons in the playoffs, 6 appearances in the finals, 4 Stanley Cups, and hopefully another tonight. Ken Holland has kept this club competitive on the highest level, even after the salary cap. There are only 6 players still here since the the '02 cup. I don't see the playoff run ending in the next few years, either. I don't recall any other team in any other sport that has had a run this long. (Maybe somebody here can help on that?) Win or lose tonight, this team has earned a spot among the greatest teams in NHL history.

If I were a die-hard fan of either team, I would be absolutely beside myself today. And as every passing hour brings us closer to the puck drop it would be an even worse feeling. Oh, happy as hell to get it on and be there in a Game 7 for sure. However, the embarrassment of losing for either team this time around will have double weight. For the challenger to lose to last year's Cup winner yet again will be a crushing defeat after forcing them this far. And, for the reigning Champs to go this far and give it up after all that they've gone thru? To the same challenger ? Unbearably hard to take.

Let's see how this one plays out....;)

If I were a die-hard fan of either team, I would be absolutely beside myself today. And as every passing hour brings us closer to the puck drop it would be an even worse feeling. Oh, happy as hell to get it on and be there in a Game 7 for sure. However, the embarrassment of losing for either team this time around will have double weight. For the challenger to lose to last year's Cup winner yet again will be a crushing defeat after forcing them this far. And, for the reigning Champs to go this far and give it up after all that they've gone thru? To the same challenger ? Unbearably hard to take.

Let's see how this one plays out....;)

The mental and physical toll of the Stanley Cup playoffs has to be just brutal. I can't even imagine what it's like.

It's been an amazing run. 18 straight seasons in the playoffs, 6 appearances in the finals, 4 Stanley Cups, and hopefully another tonight. Ken Holland has kept this club competitive on the highest level, even after the salary cap. There are only 6 players still here since the the '02 cup. I don't see the playoff run ending in the next few years, either. I don't recall any other team in any other sport that has had a run this long. (Maybe somebody here can help on that?) Win or lose tonight, this team has earned a spot among the greatest teams in NHL history.

Well a few points the Habs, Islanders and the Oilers won 5 cups in a row I think.
Some one will correct me if I have my numbers wrong.

You can file this story under "what it's like to live in Hockey Town North" .....

While most of the country is switching to digital TV during the day today.....the local NBC station has decided to wait until AFTER game #7 is over tonight. There is no way they are taking any chances ...they will be moving quickly to beat the midnight deadline :D

Well, I'll be heading to my watch party in a bit. Before I go I want to wish all you Detroit fans a hearty congratulations if the Wings win tonight, which I suspect will happen. A well earned cup. :up

But if the Pens manage to pull this one off tonight....oooooooh get ready for tomorrow morning. :haha

Have fun tonight!

I won't be home from the graduation and dinner until 10pm so it's going to be a late night for me since I will have to catch up on an hour or two of pre-game analysis. I just hope I don't hear the score or anyone talking about the game...good thing I am currently in VA since the locals are not big hockey fans.

Anyway, good luck Pens Fans - it has been a pleasure once again!

To all my Red Wings buddies...please Cheer (yelling, screaming and major fits of passion) a little extra on my behalf. You guys have made this the most enjoyable Sports Forum thead since...well...since last years Stanley Cup Final thread.

Jim

You can file this story under "what it's like to live in Hockey Town North" .....

While most of the country is switching to digital TV during the day today.....the local NBC station has decided to wait until AFTER game #7 is over tonight. There is no way they are taking any chances ...they will be moving quickly to beat the midnight deadline :D

They are doing the same here in Toledo.

Here's to both teams, let's have a great game 7.

Win or lose, both teams have played great, it's one of those's cases that you wish neither team could lose.

Both are worthy of winning :)

Well, I'll be heading to my watch party in a bit. Before I go I want to wish all you Detroit fans a hearty congratulations if the Wings win tonight, which I suspect will happen. A well earned cup. :up

But if the Pens manage to pull this one off tonight....oooooooh get ready for tomorrow morning. :haha

Have fun tonight!
If the Pens win there's a LOT of crow to be eaten. I think they are a vastly inferior team but I will root for them. If they pull this off in Detroit it will be amazing.

Im in shock. I saw some bad no calls like the no icing call on the Pens first goal but I think this is a case of Red wing over confidence.

Im in shock. I saw some bad no calls like the no icing call on the Pens first goal but I think this is a case of Red wing over confidence.

They have no reason to be over confident.
The Pens have carried the play for most of the previous games about 60 %.

Detroit has to figure out that you cannot score if you don't shoot the puck.
Also, they have managed to have NO ONE going to the front of the net for rebounds.

They need to fix these issues in a hurry :eek:

Yea, It sure isn't looking good right now..
Nobody is going to the net, and all we are taking are blue line shots..All the off sides, Man they just look out of sync..

Ah well good season!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)