2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Once again, the hero in game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals is an unlikely source.

In 2004, it was Ruslan Fedatenko.

In 2003, it was Mike Rupp.

In 2001, it was Alex Tanguay.

Tonight, it was Max Talbot.

He had been an unsung hero throughout the playoffs- that fight that turned around game 6 of the Philly series:

[Youtube]hDsK5HH-K3c[/Youtube]

This hilarious blooper goal on Cam Ward:

[Youtube]GGtF0aPWjuM[/Youtube]

And now, the two biggest goals of his career.

datsyuk is 30, Zetterberg is 28, Franzen is 29, Samulson is 32 and may also be gone.
Kronwell is 28 and Ericsson is 25 ... Lebda is 27 that is the core.
Hossa is 30 and up for debate about coming back.

How many did Yzerman win?

He won 3

Think they were in the Conference finals another 3 times from 95 till he retired ...
The 3 he/they won were the first for the Wings since the Gordie Howe era's

I was looking for more informative info as to how far the Wings made it in the playoffs in the last 15+ years, they always seemed to be in the playoffs and going somewhere except a few years that they went out in the first round.
Pretty good track record though.

He won 3

Think they were in the Conference finals another 3 times from 95 till he retired ...
The 3 he/they won were the first for the Wings since the Gordie Howe era's

He won more than Mario, and winning is all that counts.:)

Hopefully Sid will win more than this group of Red Wings.:D

THE HOCKEY GODS HAVE SPOKEN LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

Hockey is the ultimate team sport with no room for selfishness.

Example- Teemu refused to resign with the Sharks, said "I want to win a cup" and signs with the Divealanche. Result? Sharks eliminate the Dives in the following season playoffs.

Example #2- Mary Hossa turns down the Pens because "I want to win a cup", Result? 0 points in 7 games for Mary and loses game 7 at home for the first time in 30 years of NHL, MLB, and NBA playoffs!

The hockey gods will not be ignored! I told my buddy that's a Pens fan all along that Mary cursed the Wings, and he did!

I'm a western conference guy but I have no tolerance for back stabbers like the above, in or out of hockey.

Last edited:
THE HOCKEY GODS HAVE SPOKEN LOUD AND CLEAR!!!

Not exactly- your Sharks gagged in the playoffs... AGAIN. They are hockey's equivalent of the Dallas Cowboys

Hockey is the ultimate team sport with no room for selfishness.

Example- Teemu refused to resign with the Sharks, said "I want to win a cup" and signs with the Divealanche. Result? Sharks eliminate the Dives in the following season playoffs.

You left out the part where Selanne ends up winning a Cup after he went back to Anaheim.

Example #2- Mary Hossa turns down the Pens because "I want to win a cup", Result? 0 points in 7 games for Mary and loses game 7 at home for the first time in 30 years of NHL, MLB, and NBA playoffs!

Actually, he had 3 assists in the series.

The hockey gods will not be ignored! I told my buddy that's a Pens fan all along that Mary cursed the Wings, and he did!

I'm a western conference guy but I have no tolerance for back stabbers like the above, in or out of hockey.

Dude, where when you when your Sharks bombed out in round 1? Your team REALLY disappointated me- I picked them to hoist the Cup before the playoffs!

Yeah they sucked it up pretty badly.
Casper Thornton the friendly playoff Ghost.

Selanne failed in COL the year after, Mary also failed immediatly after backstabbing.

3 points, no points, he lost!

The Hockey Gods cursed the Sharks after 2003 when they were effectively castrated. They haven't really had a pair ever since.

Congrats to all the Red Wings on another great playoff run. You can't win the Cup every year, but they came very close to another one. The way that franchise is run, they'll be back.

And now a brand new generation of Penguins fans get their own cup win to celebrate. It may be because I'm a Penguins fan above all else, but I'd put this hard fought win against a very tough Detroit team above the two most recent Super Bowl titles from the Steelers. (The second title the city of Pittsburgh has clinched in Detroit in just over three years.)

Speaking of, this is the first time a city has had a team win the Super Bowl and the Stanley Cup in the same season. Cities have had a pre-merger NFL champion and Stanley Cup champion in the same year, with the last time that happened being in 1953-54 when the Detroit Lions and Detroit Red Wings both won, but this is the first instance of that happening following the NFL-AFL merger, and counting the pre-merger years, only the fifth time its ever happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts