2009 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I'm glad you're happy. Does it take the sting out of your Lame Ducks season? Good luck making the playoffs next year. :D

BTW, what arrogance? The fans here, or the organization?

Certainly not the Detroit organization. Much as the team has become "THE" enemy, the well-oiled machine with lots of bucks behind them is as good as any sports fan could wish for.

Sorry for your pain, Paul. You are certainly not one of the people I was referring to. And, yes...we'll be goddamned sick and tired of hearing that the road to The Cup next season again will go thru The Joe!!!!:p

As far as my "lame" Ducks. That's ancient history. That team went far further than I ever expected they would or could. I'm damn proud of what they accomplished this past season.

Last edited:
4 months apart! ENJOY!!!

Not cry babies I just figured I let ass holes like your self and the rest of the wing haters world enjoy it. The pens played a great game, it was identical to game 6, they did what they had to do..

As to your money comment further down the list, they all have the same cap number..You have to be one those fools that said that the wings would fall when the cap era kicked in because Holland sucks and we could not just buy the cup!!!

Pathetic is what you are...This team has a rich history of winning, that is what you hate. Sure you probably hate that we will win it again long before your team does..

AND YES, The Wings will have to be dealt with for quite some time down the road just like the last 15 years, nothing will change..Get used to it hater!!!

LMAO, the Penguins haven't even had their parade yet, and Vegas already has odds to win the Cup in 09-10! :eek: :D

Those folks in Vegas don't waste any time, do they?

Anyway, here's the way Las Vegas sees it RIGHT NOW for 09-10 (the top 10):

Detroit 6-1
Pittsburgh 7-1
Boston 9-1
San Jose and Washington 10-1
Chicago 12-1
Vancouver, Philly and New Jersey 15-1
Calgary 18-1

LMAO, the Penguins haven't even had their parade yet, and Vegas already has odds to win the Cup in 09-10! :eek: :D

Those folks in Vegas don't waste any time, do they?

Anyway, here's the way Las Vegas sees it RIGHT NOW for 09-10 (the top 10):

Detroit 6-1
Pittsburgh 7-1
Boston 9-1
San Jose and Washington 10-1
Chicago 12-1
Vancouver, Philly and New Jersey 15-1
Calgary 18-1

Wow, Goalie Bob's not gonna like that stat :mad:
Problem is, Vegas is usually pretty good at what they do.

Wow, Goalie Bob's not gonna like that stat :mad:
Problem is, Vegas is usually pretty good at what they do.

I hope they're right about MLB and the NFL.

The Red Sox and Patriots are currently favored to win their respective sports championship! :D

Not cry babies I just figured I let ass holes like your self and the rest of the wing haters world enjoy it. The pens played a great game, it was identical to game 6, they did what they had to do..

As to your money comment further down the list, they all have the same cap number..You have to be one those fools that said that the wings would fall when the cap era kicked in because Holland sucks and we could not just buy the cup!!!

Pathetic is what you are...This team has a rich history of winning, that is what you hate. Sure you probably hate that we will win it again long before your team does..

AND YES, The Wings will have to be dealt with for quite some time down the road just like the last 15 years, nothing will change..Get used to it hater!!!

BINGO! You are the No.1 case-in-point to my argument. (Paul...this is just the kind of Wings "fan" we discussed in an IM last week!)
Listen to all that anger and venom pouring out of you! And I am a pathetic a$$hole? Poor loser is what you are pure and simple. Welcome to my exclusive ignore list. You'll fit right in with your fellow life forms. :D

BINGO! You are the No.1 case-in-point to my argument. (Paul...this is just the kind of Wings "fan" we discussed in an IM last week!)
Listen to all that anger and venom pouring out of you! And I am a pathetic a$$hole? Poor loser is what you are pure and simple. Welcome to my exclusive ignore list. You'll fit right in with your fellow life forms. :D

What a comedy show this has become :D
Too bad he's decided to move to the baseball only threads !

What are you trying to start, jerk? The cameras were right on him when Mike Babcock congratulated him for the win and his leadership. GO AWAY!!!!:rolleyes:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4256759"]Stanley Cup finals: Sidney Crosby of Pittsburgh Penguins denies handshake snub; Detroit Red Wings bitter - ESPN[/ame]

Thought an idiot like myself might help all-knowing people like you out. I couldn't give a rat's ass about either team, I'm a Stars fan. Proceed with the Crosby worship.

:up:up:up

This is fitting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9GDQI7hYTo]YouTube - Game 7. Pittsburgh Penguins Tribute 2009 Stanley Cup Champions-We are the Champions-Queen..[/ame]

Stanley Cup finals: Detroit Red Wings peeved by Sidney Crosby's handshake snub - ESPN

Thought an idiot like myself might help all-knowing people like you out. I couldn't give a rat's ass about either team, I'm a Stars fan. Proceed with the Crosby worship.

Don't try and turn this into a LeBron thing. Sid even spoke about it later and said he meant no harm if he missed anyone in line. Get over it.

For those Sir Sid haters out there it is gonna be a LONG offseason and and even LONGER next season with him now officially being the Poster Boy of the NHL. He and his team have the Cup. And if you wanna share poster boys, I'm up for it with Geo. They are a perfect pair!;) What I wouldn't give to have either one of them on the Ducks!

This was a great series. It came close to going the Red Wings way in game six when Cleary rang the goal post, it came close to OT in game 7 when Cleary rang the bell on the crossbar.

The Penguins learned their lessons well in the first two losses, and this became apparent in game 7. They played great defensive hockey, closing off the passing lanes, and waiting for us to make a mistake like Brad Stuart did, resulting in the first goal for them. This was right out of the Red Wings playbook. They didn't take stupid penalties like they did in game 5, another page out of our book. Throw in some outstanding net minding by Fleury, and now their names are going on the Cup. They beat us at our own game.

I can see a rematch happening next season. The rubber series. That will be a tough mountain to climb for both teams, considering the talent in both conferences. This is the hardest trophy to win in all of the 4 major sports.

Last edited:
This was a great series. It came close to going the Red Wings way in game six when Cleary rang the goal post, it came close to OT in game 7 when Cleary rang the bell on the crossbar.

The Penguins learned their lessons well in the first two losses, and this became apparent in game 7. They played great defensive hockey, closing off the passing lane, and waiting for us to make a mistake like Brad Stuart did, resulting in the first goal for them. This was right out of the Red Wings playbook. They din't take stupid penalties like they did in game 5, another page out of our book. Throw in some outstanding net minding by Fleury, and now their names are going on the Cup. They beat us at our own game.

I can see a rematch happening next season. The rubber series. That will be a tough mountain to climb for both teams, considering the talent in both conferences. This is the hardest trophy to win in all of the 4 major sports.

:up:up:up:up

Malkin proved who the real stud is.

Malkin is no stud.....
In reality , he just a young HOT HEAD like a few of the other Pens.
Slashing a guy across the back and instigating a fight when the game doesn't go his way , what a classy guy he is .... sheesh :rolleyes:

Thought you of all people had more common sense than that .

Don't try and turn this into a LeBron thing. Sid even spoke about it later and said he meant no harm if he missed anyone in line. Get over it.

For those Sir Sid haters out there it is gonna be a LONG offseason and and even LONGER next season with him now officially being the Poster Boy of the NHL. He and his team have the Cup. And if you wanna share poster boys, I'm up for it with Geo. They are a perfect pair!;) What I wouldn't give to have either one of them on the Ducks!

The Poster boy for the NHL can't even shake hands with the opponents CAPTAIN ????
What a sleeze ball he's turning out to be.