2009 US Open

Oudin pulls off another upset. Now into the quarterfinals. She beat a Russian player for the 4th straight match. Oudin is becoming the biggest Russian killer since the 1980 hockey team. And she may well get another Russian opponent in the next round. Go Oudin! Beat the dirty Russians. :D

2 seed Andy Murray beaten in straight sets today. Didn't see that coming. A 6th Federer title now seems inevitable.

Doesn't Raffa play tonight? Also, don't rule out Djokovic.
Yes Nadal plays tonight, but his bracket is tough. He may go out too this evening. Federer's bracket is much easier. Djokovic is the best player remaining, and Federer usually has his number.

OK, so who do you guys root for tonight? Melanie Oudin, the American sensation who may be ready to shock the world as a 17 year old...but is not the prettiest girl on the court? Or Caroline Wozniacki, the 19 year old Danish internet sensation who also happens to be a pretty good tennis player?

I will tell you this...if Oudin looked (and had the body of) Wozniacki, with as well as she is playing tennis in her country's only major tournament, she would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country! :rolleyes:

Sandra

OK, so who do you guys root for tonight? Melanie Oudin, the American sensation who may be ready to shock the world as a 17 year old...but is not the prettiest girl on the court? Or Caroline Wozniacki, the 19 year old Danish internet sensation who also happens to be a pretty good tennis player?

I will tell you this...if Oudin looked (and had the body of) Wozniacki, with as well as she is playing tennis in her country's only major tournament, she would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country! :rolleyes:

Sandra

Oh come on Sandra, we're not "that" shallow. Of course I'm rooting for the 17-year-old American Sensation.

Sandra
Definitely cheering for Oudin. She is terrific. And I think Oudin already is on the front page of many newspapers.

Oudin's cinderella run comes to an end. Wozniacki beats her 6-2 6-2. It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully she'll have a good career ahead of her.

Roger Federer advances to the semifinals....for the 22nd straight time at a grand slam. I think Cal Ripken's record for consecutive games might be broken before this one is.

Roger Federer advances to the semifinals....for the 22nd straight time at a grand slam. I think Cal Ripken's record for consecutive games might be broken before this one is.

This is an amazing feat! A lot of people don't realize how special R-Fed actually is, but he is dominating the sport like none other. Cherrish having the opportunity to watch Federer, because I have a feeling there won't be another talent like him for a VERY long time....

While I have no interest in the women's bracket the rest of the way- unless Cljisters wins tonight, it's pretty much a formality for yet another Serena cakewalk- I'm still interested in the men's bracket- Nadal, Federer, Djokovic.

Anyone see the end of the Nadal match the other night? Apparently a crazed (male) fan ran onto the court of play and hugged and kissed Raffa. Apparently Flushing Meadows needs to beef up security. While this guy seemed harmless, you just never know. Ask Monica Seles.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSUsQbS6BQ"]Man Love[/ame]

I hate that stuff. Some fool ran out on the court and tried to grab Federer during the French Open final. I wish security would catch these people and beat the s*** out them to teach them a lesson.

Nadal's bad luck at the US Open continues. His match against Fernando Gonzalez is suspended due to rain in the middle of the 2nd set tiebreak. Now they'll have to finish tomorrow, but the weather forecast the next 2 days is not good. So while the other players rest Nadal still has to take care of business. Looks like the tournament may not finish by Sunday for a 2nd straight year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)