2010-11 NBA Basketball Season

ANYWAY...moving on.

Here is the NBA as Sandra sees it right now...

1. I'm just not understanding Utah right now...I'm really not. Something regarding Deron Williams is obvously being left unsaid.

2. What to make of the Spurs? Every year they seem to pace themselves for the playoffs, but this year they've been rolling along right from the start. Will that hurt them in the playoffs? They're not a young team.

3. I don't think the Knicks are a threat to anybody as currently constituted.

4. Crygate? Seriously? Why does everything have to have a '-gate' attached to it?

5. Does anyone even know Indiana is in playoff position?

6. Amazing destruction of the Spurs by the Lakers the other day, from the opening tap. San Antonio did not compete.

7. Here is a potential draftee you may not have heard of yet...Derrick Williams of Arizona. Big, strong, tough and talented forward.

8. Referees are spending way too much time at video review recently. Slowing the game down. Happens in college too.

9. Love wathing Russell Westbrook play...weird that he was never much of a factor at UCLA.

10. Doug Collins is doing a great job in Philly with limited talent.

Sandra

Ok, Sandra and Salsa. This is your one, only, and last warning. If you two don't stop hijacking threads and arguing back and forth you both are going on a vacation.

Got it? I don't want so much as a whimper out of either of you. That means no response to my post at ALL!

ANYWAY...moving on.

Here is the NBA as Sandra sees it right now...

1. I'm just not understanding Utah right now...I'm really not. Something regarding Deron Williams is obvously being left unsaid.

2. What to make of the Spurs? Every year they seem to pace themselves for the playoffs, but this year they've been rolling along right from the start. Will that hurt them in the playoffs? They're not a young team.

3. I don't think the Knicks are a threat to anybody as currently constituted.

4. Crygate? Seriously? Why does everything have to have a '-gate' attached to it?

5. Does anyone even know Indiana is in playoff position?

6. Amazing destruction of the Spurs by the Lakers the other day, from the opening tap. San Antonio did not compete.

7. Here is a potential draftee you may not have heard of yet...Derrick Williams of Arizona. Big, strong, tough and talented forward.

8. Referees are spending way too much time at video review recently. Slowing the game down. Happens in college too.

9. Love wathing Russell Westbrook play...weird that he was never much of a factor at UCLA.

10. Doug Collins is doing a great job in Philly with limited talent.

Sandra

Everyone I have talked to has this guy as the most physically gifted player in the draft. It's going to be a tossup between Derrick Williams and that PG from Dook for the #1 selection.

10. Doug Collins is doing a great job in Philly with limited talent...

A few days before Jordan signed with the Wizards, when I was installing Doug's DirecTV receivers in his new, Ritz Carleton condo, he promised me two tickets to a game that season, which he never got around to delivering. If I can find his cell phone number, I might see if I can squeeze a couple of tickets to the Celtics game this Friday out of him.

Jordan never offered me one of his Havanna cigars when I serviced his DirecTV at midnight, so I've got nothing coming from him. I probably would have made more money installing for Sam Bowie.

Personally, I don't care if Miami is 50-0 or 0-50 against teams over .500 in the regular season.........they will be a tough out in a seven game series.

Personally, I don't care if Miami is 50-0 or 0-50 against teams over .500 in the regular season.........they will be a tough out in a seven game series.

Yep...Playoffs is a completely different story. That is why they call the playoffs in some cases, the REAL season....;) Good point Bill as ALWAYS.

Fair point and I tend to agree, but the difference in the record of the Heat against the lower teams and the better teams is just bizarre. Not sure when I've ever seen anything like it.

Sandra

Last edited:

What evidence do you have to base that opinion on?

They have ONE win against a good team. (Lakers on Christmas). Other than that, they've lost ever single game against the superior teams in this league. It's hard to make any other assumption on what they'll do come playoff time with the resume they've put together so far.

That poor cutie pie Spoelstra must be pulling his hair out by now. He has to stop the Heat from being so predictable in the half-court offense in crunch time.

Sandra

LeQuitt, Wade and Bosh are going to get Spelstra fired if this continues! Did you hear the excuses being poured out following the game? It's about time these players man up, shut up and just play the game.

Being able to watch the heat piss the bed against good teams down the stretch is getting this Cavs fan through an otherwise disappointing NBA season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts