2010-11 NCAA College Hockey

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
OK, the Men's Ice Hockey season is now in full-swing, there are several die-hard college hockey fans here, and there are some really great match-ups this weekend (back-to-back Minnesota-Duluth vs. North Dakota, Michigan vs. Alaska, etc.).

Anyway, here are my teams: (should come as a surprise to no one):

Michigan - the closest team to college hockey royalty and a next door neighbor to Hockeytown USA. The Wolverines have won a record nine (9) NCAA Championships and are in good shape to compete for another this year with Coach Red Berenson once again at the helm. Go Blue!

Norwich - the Division III Champions last year and currently ranked #1 in the preseason. They face-off their season on the 19th of November and my wife and I plan to attend (I'm an Alum) at least one trip and hopefully catch 2-games this winter in Vermont. Go Cadets!

Anyway, here is the current Top 20: (Nov 1st)

1 Miami 5-1-2
2 Minnesota-Duluth 6-0-2
3 Boston University 6-0-1
4 Boston College 4-2-0
5 Yale 2-0-0
6 Michigan 4-1-3
7 Maine 4-1-2
8 Nebraska-Omaha 5-1-0
9 North Dakota 4-3-1
10 New Hampshire 2-1-2
11 Notre Dame 5-1-1
12 Michigan State 3-0-3
13 Denver 3-3-2
14 Alaska 5-2-1
15 Union 5-1-2
15 Wisconsin 5-2-1
17 Minnesota 5-3-0
18 Rensselaer 3-1-3
19 Cornell 0-2-0
20 St. Cloud State 3-4-1

Mods, please sticky. Oh, and please unsticky the baseball and car driving threads since they are both out-of-season. :hatsoff:

UMD wins a barnburner at "The Ralph" tonight 3-2 in OT

hope they keep the #2 ranking :)

Also only 2 more home series left for UMD at the venerable "DECC" until they move into the new arena....yep alot of folks are going to AA soon :)
(Amsoil Arena opens Dec 30th)

Gonna be weird...UMD has the oldest building in the WCHA by a long shot...1966. Heck the ice isnt even regulation....its 190x83. The new area will be NICE :)

Last edited:
Not me... ;) BTW, I thought if you were a BU fan then it was mandatory to hate BC and vice-versa.

If I have to choose between BC or BU, I'll always root for BC.

But if any of the Boston schools (BC, BU, Harvard or Northeastern) are in the Frozen Four, I'll be wearing their colors! :)

f

Hockey East Preseason Coach's Poll

1. Boston College (9 first place votes)
2. Maine (1 first place vote)
3. New Hampshire
4. Boston University
5. Northeastern
6. Vermont
7. Merrimack
8. UMass-Lowell
9. Massachusetts
10. Providence

I don't stick threads where only 5 people talk in them.

I don't stick threads where only 5 people talk in them.
Glad to hear...then you should have no problem unsticking the "MLB Hot Stove" thread which is averaging roughly 2 posts per day, the "NCAA College Basketball" thread which has received a whopping 3 replies in five days (fewer posters than this thread received in a single day, and the never-ending "NASCAR" thread which is averaging about 1.5 posts per day. I realize not everything can be stickied, but IMO there are way too many Sticky Threads...the baseball and racings seasons are over...and there are a lot of college hockey fans here. :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts