2010-11 NCAA College Hockey

Ilove the idea of the big10 hockey, Michigan seeing MN and WI four times a year is so much better than Alaska and Bowling Green, plus obvious TV coverage advantage.

I think the CCHA will survive and add schools. losing Antos to MSU is a blow, funny that he became a B10 school coach right after the announcement, but he is a great hockey guy. MSU needs fresh blood to get back to respectability.

plus obvious TV coverage advantage.
in some cases not really.
Minnesota has the contract with FSN North. Dang near every game is on TV except the road games in Anchorage and Mich Tech. Wisconsin is on FSN Wisco and statewide on TV Wisconsin..I know now Big10 picks up some games but with 6 teams playing pretty much every week thats 3 conference games. They can only show 1 game a night unless tape delayed. Its not like football where they can open up the alternate channels (I know bball is one channel only). Obviously when they play non-conference games they wont be shown but could they go to other TV outlets (like FSN as example)

FSN Detroit only does a handful of games, and none until Christmas time, ends with about 10 for the year from the CCHA, mostly GLI and CCHA tournament.

The increase will be Big Ten Network. The only do around 8 games a year right now. I would expect that to increase significantly with each team playing 20 games a year in conference.

Probably expect more on channels like CBS College too. For me personally, the change means less dependence on Comacst Local, which I only get through a friends slingbox.

You are right that FSN North does alot of coverage, but FSN Detroit doesn't go near that far. The TV coverage improvements may be more for the teams coming from the CCHA than the WCHA.

I love the newly formed Big Ten Conference. Living out-of-state I rarely get to see any of the Michigan games until the season nears the playoffs. I should not be able to watch my favorite teams play a whole lot more frequently on the Big Ten Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts