2010-11 NCAA College Hockey

**whew** did the predictor and even if I pick every low seed to win (like Western Michigan, Anchorage or Bemidji, etc) UMD drops to maybe #11

so I think we're safe :)

Very much looking forward to seeing who comes out on top of the major conferences. Perhaps it's time to create an NCAA Tournament thread and rename that other one to NCAA Basketball Tournament for the manly-challenged. Nothing compares to College Hockey...the NCAA Tournament...and the Frozen-Four this time of year. :)

2:30 Michigan vs Notre Dame FSN Detroit +

Championship games tonight
6:00 BC vs Merrimack NESN+ (tape delayed on NESN at 9:15)
6:30 Yale vs. Cornell CBS College
6:30 Miami vs Western Michigan FSN Detroit +
7:00 North Dakota vs Denver FSN North/FSN Rocky Mtn

Well its official.....Big 10 to be a hockey conference in 2013-14 season

Minnesota and Wisconsin from WCHA
Michigan, Mich State & Ohio State from CCHA
Penn State adding hockey

each team will play each other 4 times and a conf tourney with winner to NCAA tournament

This leaves 8 in CCHA and 10 in WCHA

Yep, I just heard the new about Big Ten Hockey. Bittersweet to say the least. As much as I like Big Ten sports, I have thoroughly enjoyed CCHA hockey (Michigan) the past 30-years. I must also say that I am also excited about getting to play quality teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin several times each year. Big win by the Big Ten; huge losses for the CCHA and WCHA.

The WCHA will still survive. MN wants to play some of their "rivals" but for non-conference. Rumour is they (WCHA) want Notre Dame and Miami (OH) but I think 10 will be fine.

Heck in 2 years there may be some more changes.