2010-11 NFL Season

Daze Of Our Lions - Volume 1 of 2010

It's just amazing how this team just keeps finding new and novel ways to lose on the road. Rules may be rules, but this one is open to some interpretation. Salsa raised a valid point a few posts up.

The Good

Hmmm.... not much. The defense showed some signs of NFL ability on two goal line stands. One being a 4 down shutdown, the other letting up just a FG. Bosch had 10 tackles in his debut. He seemed to be everywhere the ball was at times.

The Bad

The secondary is still a sieve, but an opportunistic one. Plenty of turnovers from the D, kept them in this game, but Cutler did cut them up pretty good.
Still no sign of a running game, yet. And the play calling was straight out of the West coast offense playbook. Geez guys throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

The Ugly

Stafford may be out for 6 weeks. I'm not saying this team was a contender for a playoff spot, but they sure as sh*t aren't now. Shaun Hill couldn't hit water from a boat.

Next week- The Philadelphia Eagles.

More pain, a consolation prize would be if we can put Vick in a world of hurt.

I believe anybody on this site could do a better job throwing the ball than Trent Edwards.

I have been saying for two years he isn't the right man for the job- he's a weak-armed wimp who can't throw downfield. THIS is the man who inherited the QB torch from Kelly, Flutie, Bledsoe, Ferguson?!

And you wonder why my team is the only one in the AFC East whose QB doesn't inspire confidence.

I believe anybody on this site could do a better job throwing the ball than Trent Edwards.

I have been saying for two years he isn't the right man for the job- he's a weak-armed wimp who can't throw downfield. THIS is the man who inherited the QB torch from Kelly, Flutie, Bledsoe, Ferguson?!

And you wonder why my team is the only one in the AFC East whose QB doesn't inspire confidence.

Well if it makes you feel any better Sabres, I'm still very iffy on Mark Sanchez.

Sandra

Look at it like this Sabres. If your team keeps losing, they'll be in perfect position to draft a really really good QB next year. I really like Jake Locker. I bet he'd be a good franchise QB...

Originally Posted by HD MM View Post
1. On Sunday, the Browns "attempted" to run their version of the Wildcat with Josh Cribbs and Seneca Wallace. Attempted is the key word. Can we rename the Browns version of the Wildcat the "Stray one eyed mangy alley-cat" instead? I nearly ruined ANOTHER flat screen when I spit all over it laughing!
Yup, nearly choked on lunch, anyone got any screen cleaner ?

2. Is Ernest Byner the Browns new Running Backs Coach? Peyton Hillis looked like a world beater until he started fumbling. Which of course was the same time Jake Delhomme morphed into the '09 version of himself, throwing bone-head picks. You can't expect to win with turning the ball over that many times. Football 101 you morons! Yeah....see the Ohio State-Miami game as proof! LOL!

3. Note to CBS: Please, for the love of God, no more half naked Jimmy Johnson on Survivor commercials! I lost my appetite every time it came on! SAME HERE....!!!

4. Yep. The Lions got screwed. But oddly enough, it's a rule. The Football Night in America on NBC crew said that specific rule was reviewed by the Competition Committee in the offseason and they voted the amending of it down. Blame it on the rules, not the refs enforcing it. Not oddly enough, unfortunately, it is a rule just like that bullsh** "tuck rule". The Raiders got burned with this same rule last year on openning night against the Chargers. The REALLY odd thing is that these rules ALWAYS seem to come up at the most important time of a game to one team. Here is what I don't seem to get....IF a RB jumps over the goal line for a TD on a goal line play and he looses the ball BEFORE he lands but AFTER he passes the goal line....don't they consider it a TD anyway??!!

Salsa, Yes it's a TD running the ball as long as it touches the front side of the goal line, regardless of what happens after the line is touched. I have felt the rule in the endzone has been wrong ever since they brought it into the game, it NEEDS to be changed.

5. With respect to Chris Johnson, Sunday's MVP goes to Houston RB, Arian Foster. He spent most of last season on the practice squad, but ran for a team record 231 yards and scored three touchdowns on Sunday. 231 yards was the most rushing yards in a season opener since OJ Simpson's 250 in 1973. I agree....AND half of Chris Johnson's yard came on one TD run of 75 yards. Other than that one play, Chris had a subpar game. BUT, ONE PLAY can mean the game....but is sure pads those stats nicely.

Yup, Long runs definitely help the stats, Rashard Mendenhaul had 70 tough yards, ran well for most of theday, but everything was just a few yards at a time, till he broke one for the 50 yard game winner in OT

6. Good to see Wes Welker come back in such short time from that knee injury to have such a huge game yesterday. That dude denies all laws of physics! Like I stated yesterday to Bill...that kid is something else and I am sure the Dolphins would have loved to have him back. The one that they have playing a "slot" like Welker, Hartline....he ain't cutting it. Also, modern medicine has come a LONG way. Just 5 years ago, an operation like his was going to consist of almost being out 2 seasons. Now, with a good work ethic like Welkers, you can be playing within a year. Kuddos to him and his team of doctors!
I'm wondering if others are gonna start trying to come back sooner than normal now that Welker is doing so well.

8. Considering both are healthy, who do the Iggles start next week? Vick or Kolb? PS, why did they trade McNabb again? Vick look good yesterday. I think there is no doubt that there WILL be a QB controversy. Before getting knocked out, he was just not moving the team. Vick looked like his old self and SHOULD be the starter.

Provided both are cleared to play, they SHOULD go with Kolb, I would go with Vick. Why should they go with Kolb ? Because they just made him the starter, hoping that he can turn into the next Aaron Rodgers, you CAN'T give up on your Starter after 1 game. IF Kolb starts, the Lions have hope next week, maybe, I forgot , no Stafford, but you never know. IF Vick starts, the D* will be running all over the place trying top catch him ..... then again if he scores quickly, the D* can be on the sidelines resting. :eek:
FWIW, I doubt that Kolb will be cleared to play in time for the game next week.

9. What happened to that vaulted Niner defense? They surely didn't show up in Seattle. What a spanking! And Mike Singletary THANKED the Seattle for spanking their a$$ too! GREAT aftergame press conference by Mike!

11. Two more games tonight! As someone who works early in the morning, I appreciate the East Coast game starting at 7pm between the Jets/Ravens. As for the Chargers/Chiefs, I'll be asleep well before that game ends.

I love the 7 pm time for the Monday night game, actually don't mind the 8 PM time either if they would start the game by 8:10.

Same here. The better game, to a football fans perspective, is the JETS/Ravens game. I have conference interest in the 2nd game. Thank GOD for DVRs!

Go Jets !!!

Daze Of Our Lions - Volume 1 of 2010

It's just amazing how this team just keeps finding new and novel ways to lose on the road. Rules may be rules, but this one is open to some interpretation. Salsa raised a valid point a few posts up.

The Good

Hmmm.... not much. The defense showed some signs of NFL ability on two goal line stands. One being a 4 down shutdown, the other letting up just a FG. Bosch had 10 tackles in his debut. He seemed to be everywhere the ball was at times.

The Bad

The secondary is still a sieve, but an opportunistic one. Plenty of turnovers from the D, kept them in this game, but Cutler did cut them up pretty good.
Still no sign of a running game, yet. And the play calling was straight out of the West coast offense playbook. Geez guys throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

The Ugly

Stafford may be out for 6 weeks. I'm not saying this team was a contender for a playoff spot, but they sure as sh*t aren't now. Shaun Hill couldn't hit water from a boat.

Next week- The Philadelphia Eagles.

More pain, a consolation prize would be if we can put Vick in a world of hurt.

Apparently, the Lions got GREAT news today as Matthew Stafford was determined to NOT need surgery ....
Haven't heard how long he'll be out yet, but No surgery is a good thing.

Apparently, the Lions got GREAT news today as Matthew Stafford was determined to NOT need surgery ....
Haven't heard how long he'll be out yet, but No surgery is a good thing.

One thing the fans in Detroit have learned very early on with Jim Schwartz, don't ask about injuries, you won't get an answer and if you do get one, you won't get anywhere with it.

ESPN is saying Stafford has a Shoulder Separation and out 6-8 weeks.
The Lions however say it's not as bad as originally thought and will have more info after tests are done.

Since when do NFL players go to the ESPN doctors for diagnosis ?

Did you guys watch ESPN C'Mon man? Omg that was funny when the Bills punted (at the end) and the guys were trying to tackle the other player....you can't if they are calling it fair catch.

Bills 101 NFL inc.

1. On Sunday, the Browns "attempted" to run their version of the Wildcat with Josh Cribbs and Seneca Wallace. Attempted is the key word. Can we rename the Browns version of the Wildcat the "Stray one eyed mangy alley-cat" instead?

2. Is Ernest Byner the Browns new Running Backs Coach? Peyton Hillis looked like a world beater until he started fumbling. Which of course was the same time Jake Delhomme morphed into the '09 version of himself, throwing bone-head picks. You can't expect to win with turning the ball over that many times. Football 101 you morons!

3. Note to CBS: Please, for the love of God, no more half naked Jimmy Johnson on Survivor commercials! I lost my appetite every time it came on!

4. Yep. The Lions got screwed. But oddly enough, it's a rule. The Football Night in America on NBC crew said that specific rule was reviewed by the Competition Committee in the offseason and they voted the amending of it down. Blame it on the rules, not the refs enforcing it.

5. With respect to Chris Johnson, Sunday's MVP goes to Houston RB, Arian Foster. He spent most of last season on the practice squad, but ran for a team record 231 yards and scored three touchdowns on Sunday. 231 yards was the most rushing yards in a season opener since OJ Simpson's 250 in 1973.

6. Good to see Wes Welker come back in such short time from that knee injury to have such a huge game yesterday. That dude denies all laws of physics!

7. One Manning throws for 433 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTS while the other throws for 263 yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTS. Oddly enough, it's the former's team who wins.

8. Considering both are healthy, who do the Iggles start next week? Vick or Kolb? PS, why did they trade McNabb again?

9. What happened to that vaulted Niner defense? They surely didn't show up in Seattle. What a spanking!

10. Don't blame the Cowboys loss on the refs. That's an easy scapegoat. Blame it on the many mistakes by the players themselves. It wasn't just the blatent choke hold on Orakpo during the final play, but throughout the game. If the 'Boys are favored to win their division and potentially host the Super Bowl, they have A LOT of work to do.

11. Two more games tonight! As someone who works early in the morning, I appreciate the East Coast game starting at 7pm between the Jets/Ravens. As for the Chargers/Chiefs, I'll be asleep well before that game ends.

The niners defense was not as bad as their offense, if their offense keeps throwing picks or fumbling of course your D is going to be gassed out.
They need a new QB and better pass protection.

4. Yep. The Lions got screwed. But oddly enough, it's a rule. The Football Night in America on NBC crew said that specific rule was reviewed by the Competition Committee in the offseason and they voted the amending of it down. Blame it on the rules, not the refs enforcing it. Not oddly enough, unfortunately, it is a rule just like that bullsh** "tuck rule". The Raiders got burned with this same rule last year on openning night against the Chargers. The REALLY odd thing is that these rules ALWAYS seem to come up at the most important time of a game to one team. Here is what I don't seem to get....IF a RB jumps over the goal line for a TD on a goal line play and he looses the ball BEFORE he lands but AFTER he passes the goal line....don't they consider it a TD anyway??!!

yep. If I run into the pile, cross the goal line, get pushed back 5 yards, fall down and fumble.....oh no I got a TD because the refs said I crossed the line

But if I catch it, have 2 feet in, fall on my butt, the ref signals TD and as I force myself up the ball falls out they review it and say "confirmed....incomplete pass" yet the original call was a TD?

again....NFL is R I G G E D

Really looking forward to this doubleheader tonight!

The Ravens-Jets game is gonna be a bloodbath, and features two of the top AFC teams.

Chargers-Chiefs is a rivalry game, and I'm picking the Chiefs in an upset.

yep. If I run into the pile, cross the goal line, get pushed back 5 yards, fall down and fumble.....oh no I got a TD because the refs said I crossed the line

But if I catch it, have 2 feet in, fall on my butt, the ref signals TD and as I force myself up the ball falls out they review it and say "confirmed....incomplete pass" yet the original call was a TD?

again....NFL is R I G G E D
That kind of sound logic and linear thought will never earn you an officiating position in the NFL - it's crazy talk Ice! :rolleyes::p:D

Cromartie is getting called on ticky tack calls, several have saved the Ravens ...

OTOH, can the Jets throw the ball farther than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage ?

Chiefs pull off the upset.

With all those ex-Patriots working in KC now, I can add this to the other times San Diego has been snakebitten, in a way, by the Pats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)