2010-11 NFL Season

What about them Bills? :p

You guys need to replace QB soon, Edwards is not going to get it done, check down passes all day long.

Bills D looked good, the offense is what killed them.

Last edited:
The Cowboys are the Cowboys, they suck.
If they are America's team then America should be ashamed of them.

They failed to score an offensive touchdown, were badly outgained, and only won because of a final-play penalty negating a touchdown.

That Cowboy offense looked equally bad. How do you play like that when you have that QB, TE, all those wide receivers, and 2-3 running backs that could be starters?

Trade someone away and get a damn lineman that can block!

Buffalo Buffoons- Week 1: The 'Moral Victory/Trent Edwards Stinks' Edition

Well, it's the beginning of the season- and, as expected by many, the Bills lost.

But Buffalo, to my surprise, kept it very close with Miami- 15-10- in a game I thought would be lopsided.

The defense played well- holding the Fins to 1 touchdown- but, not surprisingly, were done in by an anemic offense.

They finished with 166 yards, but 85 of them came on their lone TD drive. Other than that, they just had 81 yards otherwise!

The reason they can't move the ball? Two words- Trent Edwards.

This weak-armed wimp can't throw downfield, throws too much short stuff, and didn't try going for broke in third-and-long situations. He deserved to be booed!

I want someone else to be QB- Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Brohm. Hell, I'll even welcome JaMarcus Russell. ANYBODY BUT THIS NOODLE-ARMED JOKE!

Quotes

#1 Trent Edwards: "Frustrating is a good word to use. We just shot ourselves in the foot."

Frustrating would be a gross understatement. And of course Buffalo shot themselves in the foot- primarily because you can't throw!

#2 Brandon Marshall "Our defense holding them to 166 total yards is amazing."

No, Brandon. It would be amazing if they were holding down a real offense, not the popgun attack that passes for an offensive unit in Buffalo.

Next week- Buffalo travels to Green Bay. They wouldn't have a chance in hell if Edwards starts. They'll get obliterated if he does. For the love of god, PLEASE START SOMEONE ELSE!

I wounder why T.O. and Chad "8 5" left at the end of the first half when the team needed both of them to try to get a score.

"Batman and Robin" is really helping the Bungles.:rolleyes:

That Cowboy offense looked equally bad. How do you play like that when you have that QB, TE, all those wide receivers, and 2-3 running backs that could be starters?

wade-phillips.jpg

Wade looks lost out there and you know how they say the team takes on the personality of their coach. Wade's gotta go!!

Arizona? St. Louis? Seattle? San Francisco?

One of these teams HAS to win the NFC West. I thought it might be the Niners, but after today's performance they have me wondering.

The NFC West is the undisputed worst conference in the league. Dub them the Sisters of the blind, def and dumb!

Completely, considering you could call holding on such a high percentage of plays, it's almost like refs pick and choose that call and use it as they see fit. :rolleyes:

Huh? You hate to see a game end in a penalty, but that Dallas RT (Alex Barron) had his arm wrapped around Orakpo's neck, holding him back. If he didn't hold, Romo would've been sacked and the game would've ended that way. It was a clear hold and the refs got it right. Barron cost the 'Boys the game, not the ref.

Monday Morning QB: Week 1 with HD MM

1. On Sunday, the Browns "attempted" to run their version of the Wildcat with Josh Cribbs and Seneca Wallace. Attempted is the key word. Can we rename the Browns version of the Wildcat the "Stray one eyed mangy alley-cat" instead?

2. Is Ernest Byner the Browns new Running Backs Coach? Peyton Hillis looked like a world beater until he started fumbling. Which of course was the same time Jake Delhomme morphed into the '09 version of himself, throwing bone-head picks. You can't expect to win with turning the ball over that many times. Football 101 you morons!

3. Note to CBS: Please, for the love of God, no more half naked Jimmy Johnson on Survivor commercials! I lost my appetite every time it came on!

4. Yep. The Lions got screwed. But oddly enough, it's a rule. The Football Night in America on NBC crew said that specific rule was reviewed by the Competition Committee in the offseason and they voted the amending of it down. Blame it on the rules, not the refs enforcing it.

5. With respect to Chris Johnson, Sunday's MVP goes to Houston RB, Arian Foster. He spent most of last season on the practice squad, but ran for a team record 231 yards and scored three touchdowns on Sunday. 231 yards was the most rushing yards in a season opener since OJ Simpson's 250 in 1973.

6. Good to see Wes Welker come back in such short time from that knee injury to have such a huge game yesterday. That dude denies all laws of physics!

7. One Manning throws for 433 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTS while the other throws for 263 yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTS. Oddly enough, it's the former's team who wins.

8. Considering both are healthy, who do the Iggles start next week? Vick or Kolb? PS, why did they trade McNabb again?

9. What happened to that vaulted Niner defense? They surely didn't show up in Seattle. What a spanking!

10. Don't blame the Cowboys loss on the refs. That's an easy scapegoat. Blame it on the many mistakes by the players themselves. It wasn't just the blatent choke hold on Orakpo during the final play, but throughout the game. If the 'Boys are favored to win their division and potentially host the Super Bowl, they have A LOT of work to do.

11. Two more games tonight! As someone who works early in the morning, I appreciate the East Coast game starting at 7pm between the Jets/Ravens. As for the Chargers/Chiefs, I'll be asleep well before that game ends.

1. On Sunday, the Browns "attempted" to run their version of the Wildcat with Josh Cribbs and Seneca Wallace. Attempted is the key word. Can we rename the Browns version of the Wildcat the "Stray one eyed mangy alley-cat" instead? I nearly ruined ANOTHER flat screen when I spit all over it laughing!:up

2. Is Ernest Byner the Browns new Running Backs Coach? Peyton Hillis looked like a world beater until he started fumbling. Which of course was the same time Jake Delhomme morphed into the '09 version of himself, throwing bone-head picks. You can't expect to win with turning the ball over that many times. Football 101 you morons! Yeah....see the Ohio State-Miami game as proof! LOL!

3. Note to CBS: Please, for the love of God, no more half naked Jimmy Johnson on Survivor commercials! I lost my appetite every time it came on! SAME HERE....!!!

4. Yep. The Lions got screwed. But oddly enough, it's a rule. The Football Night in America on NBC crew said that specific rule was reviewed by the Competition Committee in the offseason and they voted the amending of it down. Blame it on the rules, not the refs enforcing it. Not oddly enough, unfortunately, it is a rule just like that bullsh** "tuck rule". The Raiders got burned with this same rule last year on openning night against the Chargers. The REALLY odd thing is that these rules ALWAYS seem to come up at the most important time of a game to one team. Here is what I don't seem to get....IF a RB jumps over the goal line for a TD on a goal line play and he looses the ball BEFORE he lands but AFTER he passes the goal line....don't they consider it a TD anyway??!!

5. With respect to Chris Johnson, Sunday's MVP goes to Houston RB, Arian Foster. He spent most of last season on the practice squad, but ran for a team record 231 yards and scored three touchdowns on Sunday. 231 yards was the most rushing yards in a season opener since OJ Simpson's 250 in 1973. I agree....AND half of Chris Johnson's yard came on one TD run of 75 yards. Other than that one play, Chris had a subpar game. BUT, ONE PLAY can mean the game....but is sure pads those stats nicely.

6. Good to see Wes Welker come back in such short time from that knee injury to have such a huge game yesterday. That dude denies all laws of physics! Like I stated yesterday to Bill...that kid is something else and I am sure the Dolphins would have loved to have him back. The one that they have playing a "slot" like Welker, Hartline....he ain't cutting it. Also, modern medicine has come a LONG way. Just 5 years ago, an operation like his was going to consist of almost being out 2 seasons. Now, with a good work ethic like Welkers, you can be playing within a year. Kuddos to him and his team of doctors!:up

8. Considering both are healthy, who do the Iggles start next week? Vick or Kolb? PS, why did they trade McNabb again? Vick look good yesterday. I think there is no doubt that there WILL be a QB controversy. Before getting knocked out, he was just not moving the team. Vick looked like his old self and SHOULD be the starter.

9. What happened to that vaulted Niner defense? They surely didn't show up in Seattle. What a spanking! And Mike Singletary THANKED the Seattle for spanking their a$$ too! GREAT aftergame press conference by Mike!

11. Two more games tonight! As someone who works early in the morning, I appreciate the East Coast game starting at 7pm between the Jets/Ravens. As for the Chargers/Chiefs, I'll be asleep well before that game ends.

Same here. The better game, to a football fans perspective, is the JETS/Ravens game. I have conference interest in the 2nd game. Thank GOD for DVRs!:up

Nice job on the MMQB!:up

The part I don't understand about the Calvin Johnson, Td, not a Td is, if you watch the replay his left hand actually goes out of bounds before his right hand hits the ground. So, why isn't the play dead right then and there?

Also, doesn't the defender tackle, push or someway touch Calvin Johnson before he hits the ground? So why isn't he down by contact at that point?

And finally, in order for this rule to actually make sense, doesn't it seem like they didn't think he had control or possession of the ball in order for this "process(bs)" to take place?

From my point of view he catches the ball,has possession with two feet in bounds.

Starts to go to the ground, lands on his butt(same as two feet), rolls to his side, knee touches and another foot, Left hand goes out of bounds, and then uses his right hand with the ball to try and push himself up off the ground.

Overall it really just seems like this rule was just waiting to be used by some ref crew and this instance was a very poor example and probably wrong .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts