2010-2011 College Bowl Season

At least Saban didn't sneak off in the night, ala Bobby "the Itinerant Coach" Petrino.

NO....he did not sneak off...KINDA. O'Sabin Bin Lying had CONSTANT, almost DAILY press conferences stating, he was not interested in coaching in Alabama:

He's bristled at nearly every suggestion about him leaving the Dolphins since.

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on."

Saban: 'I'm not going to be the Alabama coach' - NFL - ESPN

I think the biggest bowl loser might be the Fiesta.

They get OU again, and they get what might be the least competitive BCS game.

Instead of a potentially great game with Stanford, they get a game that has a 17-point spread.

For those of you that remember Boise State and West Virginia's Fiesta upset losses, a big difference- the 2007 Mountaineers averaged 38.9 ppg, the 2006 Broncos 39.4 ppg.

UConn? 26.9 ppg.

Those teams came into the Fiesta with firepower and capable of putting up points on the scoreboard- UConn didn't even score an offensive touchdown in their BCS-clinching game.

I think the biggest bowl loser might be the Fiesta.

They get OU again, and they get what might be the least competitive BCS game.

Instead of a potentially great game with Stanford, they get a game that has a 17-point spread.
That's what happens when you have the last choice. It's why I said the Orange would take Stanford and leave the Big East champ to the Fiesta.

But they have the BCS Championship game to make up for having the last pick.

Next year the Sugar Bowl hosts it and will wind up with the last place pick (Big East champ again?) to play the SEC team.

Only in BCS bowl games. They mopped up the floor with Stanford last year in the Sun Bowl, and with Oregon a few years ago in the Holiday Bowl. I think they're just bored with going to Phoenix every year.

That's what I've been saying. Going to the Fiesta doesn't mean much to OU or its fans. Most fans miss the days of the Big 8's alliance with the Orange Bowl and the Fiesta has never really took heart with most OU fans. I think the conference bowl alliances run too deep now and will backfire in a few years when these bowls keep getting the same teams every year. OSU has been to the Alamo now several times the last few years.

That's what I've been saying. Going to the Fiesta doesn't mean much to OU or its fans. Most fans miss the days of the Big 8's alliance with the Orange Bowl and the Fiesta has never really took heart with most OU fans. I think the conference bowl alliances run too deep now and will backfire in a few years when these bowls keep getting the same teams every year. OSU has been to the Alamo now several times the last few years.

And that's exactly why I would have loved to see OSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

McCoy, how do you feel about LSU making the Cotton Bowl?

My thoughts are that while it's a good game, it's a toss-up to pick- the Tiger offense doesn't have stretch-the-field guys, but they have played like gods in indoor bowl games and so-so in outdoor bowl games (Cowboys Stadium is indoor- good omen possibly).
Sabres, I'm thrilled that they are in the Cotton Bowl (that's where they start next season against the Ducks) and amazed that they had a shot at a BCS bowl at the end. Take away the Les-luck and it could've been a very mediocre season to say the least.

And you are absolutely correct. I wouldn't pick this one with your money. :D LSU offense has been a crapshoot this season. And the Aggies have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They'll be fired up for sure. Plenty of fans for both teams will be rockin' JerryWorld! ;)

For instance maybe his pick of VTech losing?

Well I think your just poking but of course I'm going to pull for VT to win that game, I think it will be much closer than he said either way. But there are many others that I don't agree with but that's just speculation and the fun of guessing. I also see many reasons why someone would pick Stanford over VT... both teams are pretty darn matched and it will be a good game that's for sure.

Well I think your just poking but of course I'm going to pull for VT to win that game, I think it will be much closer than he said either way. But there are many others that I don't agree with but that's just speculation and the fun of guessing. I also see many reasons why someone would pick Stanford over VT... both teams are pretty darn matched and it will be a good game that's for sure.

Hey this aint facebook no poking :D

There are many I dont agree wtih either. I mean he has LSU, and Arkansas losing. LSU has good history in bowls, and they know how to sneak out a victory. He also has FLA winning which I truly wonder... If we score two touchdowns ill be shocked. If we do win its because our defense scored there butts off.

Hey this aint facebook no poking :D

There are many I dont agree wtih either. I mean he has LSU, and Arkansas losing. LSU has good history in bowls, and they know how to sneak out a victory. He also has FLA winning which I truly wonder... If we score two touchdowns ill be shocked. If we do win its because our defense scored there butts off.
Yeah, I don't see LSU losing. Unfortunately I can see Arkansas losing, me thinks Ohio St. will finally take down an SEC team.

But a saving grace could be that many of the old timers still don't consider Arkansas (or USC) a real SEC team yet. ;)

Any estimates on the "gate" for the Northern Illinois/Fresno State bowl game? I wonder of any of the few hundred people in the stands actually paid for their tickets. I once went to a WW(x) fake wrestling exhibition at the Mullins Center at U Mass, where I doubt that anyone bought their tickets. Mine were complimentary, from a local radio station.

Auburn-Oregon BCS title, Wisconsin-TCU Rose Bowl top bowl pickoff - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

Mandel makes his picks..but considering how his record has been lately I think he will miss many this go around.

Just saw a couple of his picks play today (enough of the games to see who won them and how they went.)

He picked UTEP and they got trashed.
He picked Fresno State and they took a severe beating.

No idea on the 3rd game, but his picks are not something I would pay any attention to, much less count on.

Just saw a couple of his picks play today (enough of the games to see who won them and how they went.)

No idea on the 3rd game, but his picks are not something I would pay any attention to, much less count on.

Don't ALL there people preface thier segments with " For ENTERTAINMENT purposes ONLY "

I certainly would not bet MY money on what someone on a sports show said like this.

Yeah I saw that... but its always fun to speculate. I truly believe VT has a good shot at beating Stanford with a fan base that will travel better to help give that home field advantage feel as well

Don't ALL there people preface thier segments with " For ENTERTAINMENT purposes ONLY "

I certainly would not bet MY money on what someone on a sports show said like this.

The disclaimers they use are awesome, "weasel wording" at its finest. Reminds me of the drug ads, "betting on these picks may cause blindness, ......."

Yeah I saw that... but its always fun to speculate. I truly believe VT has a good shot at beating Stanford with a fan base that will travel better to help give that home field advantage feel as well

Just took a look at that guy's first 3 picks and he was wrong on all of them! :D So much for SI writers, they are almost as bad as the clowns at ESPN.

Based on this guy's predictions, you should be betting the deed to your house on VT! He is picking Stanford, so VT will beat them like a step-child. hehehe :D

I was just browsing thru the Bowl games and noticed that 5 Big Ten teams play on Jan 1 ....
Unfortunately 4 of them are on in the same time frame ..... Great scheduling of games they have on NY Day ....

Golden making a impact in recruiting for The U...

NFL Playoffs Picks - Week 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)