2010 Dayton Hamvention?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
I know it is a little early, are any of you satellite-guys going to the 2010 Dayton Hamvention? Is satelliteguys planning to have a table?

http://www.hamvention.org/

Fifty two years a ham and I never made the pilgrimage, this might be the year.
mikelib

Back in 2007 I made the pilgrimage to Dayton Ohio to go to the Dayton Hamvention, and I'm not a ham. The main reason I went was to have the opportunity to meet and chat with one of the true satellite pioneers - Bob Cooper. I sat down and had a great chat with Coop.

I spent an entire 2 days at the Hamvention going from display to display, and also I spent about half a day in the flea market section. Sadoun had a big display inside the event and also in the flea market area. I must admit - the flea market area was the most fun for me because there was everything you could think of.. 40 year old short-wave radios, used DirecTV and Dishnetwork receivers, flats and flats of tubes for the old tube radios, etc.

Be sure to bring a wallet full of cash, because I'm sure you'll be doing a lot of impulse shopping.

Enjoy!

I might go this year, Dayton is about a hour or so from here. I am looking for a SGC 2020, I haven't found one on E-Bay...maybe Dayton will have one. Any hams want to do a trade/cash deal for a SGC 2020? lol

We will have a few tables and display at the Flea Market section this year. Make sure you stop by and say hi. We will bring some dishes, receivers, and other items. Pus we will bring some solar panels for sale.

Best regards
Sadoun

I want to go one of these years! I know so many people at these shows and they all tell me that its an amazing show.

What is the date for the show this year?

Maybe I will make the trip. :)

I am talking to my wife about it now...

Its a 12 hour drive each way, so I am thinking about flying in.

Any hotels near the show? Also will I need a rental car? Normally I take a taxi from the airport to my hotel when I travel and never get a rental car.

Thanks!

I am really thinking about going...

But will only go if we can get a group of SatelliteGuys there. :)

They have a large lot across from the hamfest that is like $7 for parking and there are also shuttle buses going to the hamfest as well.

I haven't gone there in a few years, but might make it there this year. Usually we get a motel within five miles of the hamfest if we decide to stay more than one day. If we stay for only one day, we'll drive up on Saturday.

I have to sell more stuff on E-bay to finance the trip this year, right now ham radio is more of a priority than FTA. If I have enough spare change, we'll go this year. Been looking for a certain HF rig, and maybe the hamfest might be the only place to get it.

If you get a group going, you guys could stop by our tent for a get together. Sadoun will provide the soft drinks, and snacks for the gathering. Let me know, so I can arrange it. We will have door prizes as well for the party.

If you get a group going, you guys could stop by our tent for a get together. Sadoun will provide the soft drinks, and snacks for the gathering. Let me know, so I can arrange it. We will have door prizes as well for the party.
Jamal
I am planning to go, if you can set up a day and a time for a tentative meeting it would be helpful.
Mike Lib

I would have tried to come, but I already took my vacation week for May 3-9, in hopes of attending the Old Time Radio/Nostalgia Convention in Cincinnati, but it doesnt look like that will happen either..*sigh*

I will set up at Hamvention as I have done for the last 25 or so years. I always set up against the back fence just left of the center gate. Stop by and say hello. Need any stuff, especially oddball stuff visit me. Better yet email me with any requests.

See you at Hamvention
Tom Taylor and yes I am a ham!

I have been going off and on for the past 18 years. I am planning on it this year as well. 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

Scott...If you fly in...don't worry. They usually have UPS set up inside so you can ship all of the stuff you will buy home!

If we do have a get together...we should definately have a time and place set for Saturday to meet. Otherwise, you will get lost in the mass of humanity there. How bout at Sadoun's tent at 2PM?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)