Dayton Hamvention

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I last attended in 2009, every hotel that I called in Dayton proper was booked. I had to stay in Centerville, about 10 miles south of Dayton.
10 miles south is nothing... That equates to ~20 minutes driving time to Trotwood. See below....

Last year I found a room off of interstate 75 in Fairfield Inn Dayton North. When I got there the motel was booked solid with hams going to the hamvention.
Understandable that people not from the area would look in the same general area as Hara Arena, but yes, most/all of those hotels could be all booked up.

Don't hesitate to look at hotels in Centerville, Springboro/Franklin, Beaverdam, Springfield, Tipp City, Troy, etc. Dayton is intersected by I-70 and I-75 so getting from those places to Trotwood is simple and reasonably fast.

I went there probably 15 years ago alot of electronics stuff too..got some capacitors, old tubes etc...There's plenty of places to stay within 20 minutes north or south most probably. I'm about 35 miles away but doubt I'll go I've got enough stuff already lol

Ham Radio? I thought it was a giant electronics flea market
Inside the Hara Arena is the ham radio exhibition where all the commercial vendors have booths and there are lots of speakers giving presentations. Last time I went Richard Garriott W5KWQ gave an interesting talk about operating ham radio as an astronaut aboard the International Space Station. You can watch that presentation here. Outside the arena in the outdoor parking lot is where the flea market is. You hope it doesn't rain!

Dang it...

I am not going to be able to make it, my wife just informed me I have a wedding to attend for my cousin. :( I really wanted to go too!!!!!

Grrr!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dang it...

I am not going to be able to make it, my wife just informed me I have a wedding to attend for my cousin. :( I really wanted to go too!!!!!

Grrr!!

Me too..

Next year!!

I'll be going and will be selling a little in the fleas.

West lot: FW3508.

Stop by. Me and my my cronies go out to dinner on Thursday.

We always like newcomers.

Rick
W9ZD

Gonna get worse before better. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Always lots of colourful personalities on site.

Dayton 2009 Parking Lot showing Porcupine Car:

Porcupine Car_1.jpgPorcupine Car_2.jpg

Last edited:
How the hell can he even listen to half of those radios at the same time? Imagine if they all started talking at once.

I have two scanners in my bedroom and sometimes its hard to listen to just two radios.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts