2010 Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Not really surprised WVU was hitting their threes- over the last six years, they've been very good in that department since the Beilein era (Gansby, Pittsnogle, and Joe Alexander).

P.S. McCoy, good to hear from you again. Havn't heard from you since the Super Bowl.

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
Not really surprised WVU was hitting their threes- over the last six years, they've been very good in that department since the Beilein era (Gansby, Pittsnogle, and Joe Alexander).

P.S. McCoy, good to hear from you again. Havn't heard from you since the Super Bowl.
This wasn't the same team as Beilein had. WV was one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the country this year.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I am somewhat worried about Duke tonight. Baylor is the quintessential Hollywood story and they have nothing to lose; plus, that zone defense can create shooting havoc.

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan St back to the FF. At the start of the season I thought they would be a favorite to get back. But the Spartans were not that impressive through the regular season, hence their 5 seed, and after Kalin Lucas got hurt I thought they were done. Tom Izzo is one hell of a coach to get this team back to another FF. And playing Butler in the semis, Michigan St could be back in the final game as well.

mccoyrj

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 27, 2007
Southwest Ohio
America thanks the Spartans for putting an end to that Mountain Dew hillbilly music.
laughing.gif

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
Crap. dook is in the Final Four. Vitale should be unbearable this week. I hope WV has one more upset left in them.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Michigan State is vey resilient- and Izzo gives them a chance no matter who they play.

BTW, interesting question I have.

The higher-seeded team usually is designated as wearing their home jersey colors in the tourney.

Well, Butler and Michigan State are both #5 seeds. How will they decide who wears the white jersey?

boomer69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Michigan State is vey resilient- and Izzo gives them a chance no matter who they play.

The higher-seeded team usually is designated as wearing their home jersey colors in the tourney.

Well, Butler and Michigan State are both #5 seeds. How will they decide who wears the white jersey?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since Butler is the host team of the Final Four, and they are playing just 5 miles from their campus, that they will get to wear their home jerseys!!!...:D

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 11, 2008
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since Butler is the host team of the Final Four, and they are playing just 5 miles from their campus, that they will get to wear their home jerseys!!!...:D
All the teams are seeded by the selection committee 1-65. I have no idea who is the higher seed between Butler and Michigan St, but whoever it is wears the white jersey.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT

Answer - a coin flip. I know because the same thing happened in the 1999 final.

Mike0616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Crap. dook is in the Final Four. Vitale should be unbearable this week. I hope WV has one more upset left in them.

As if Jay and Clark are better? I wish these guys would just shut the hell up once in a while. Why can't CBS hire someone who is reasonably impartial and actually knows the rules of the game? That would be a great combo. I thought that pom-poms were going to come out at the CBS table during the dook game. :D Unfortunately, turning the volume off on the TV and the radio on is not an option as the games are on ESPiN radio and the dick is the one with his mouth engaged there. :( Maybe Disney or FOX will get the NCAA games soon and they will pay for better talent? It could happen. OK, so it won't, but I can dream.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Bill Raftery is the best!! Onions!!

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qN-xOoa2iVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qN-xOoa2iVo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Very unimpressed with the in-game coaching for Baylor. He has his guards well out beyond the three point line pressuring the Duke ball-handlers, which resulted in a couple of turnovers in the first half, but in the second half Duke blew up the zone. Time and time again the entry pass to the foul line was wide open, resulting in an open 13- footer or a numbers advantage down low for Duke. How many times does this have to happen before you adjust?

The plan was obviously for the Baylor guard on the weak side to drop to the foul line, but Duke moved the ball too quickly around the perimeter and the Baylor guards NEVER got back in time.

Baylor had a huge quickness advantage, they should have gone man once the zone was exposed. I know Baylor is a zone team, but sometimes you simply have to adjust to the situation.

Sandra

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)