2010 NCAA Football Season

All this began when Fairley threw that cheap shot...which anybody with any football knowledge can see that it was.

I have good football knowledge so do the guys calling that game that clearly talked about it on the first video during last nights live airing of the game. I don't for one bit feel it was a cheap shot but some others have other opinions such as many on the Georgia sideline, so it starts soon after with the Georgia player jumping on 90 on the ground and doing whatever, to me and the guys calling that game ( whom I'm sure are very well versed in CFB) would have to agree it was Georgia starting it.

Sorry but that's my opinion..one from a CFB knowledge full fan :)

I fully agree with this.... Too many 1 loss teams that are much better than both and to be honest about the Big East the only team close enough to be something to talk about is Syracuse with a decent winning record. Still appears as if Wisconsin will play against VT in the Orange bowl if all holds as it is..and I think it will, that will be a awesome game would love to see that powerful offense of the badgers take on this nasty defense of the hokies.

How do you figure Wisconsin goes to the Orange bowl ?

If they win out the go to the Rose bowl.

Wisconsin , Ohio State and MSU all have 1 conference loss.
MSU beat Wisconsin which beat OSU ....

Now something doesn't sound right, I just heard earlier that Wisconsin had the Tie Breaker in the group, but I'm trying to figure out how ....

They said if all were tied at the end of the season, that Wisconsin would go because thier BcS ranking was higher ....

Now I think they are wrong as you would think that head to head would come before the BcS ranking.

Now I'm confused ...

Last edited:
Sorry but that's my opinion..one from a CFB knowledge full fan :)
Forget it.

BCS is out. Not much has changed for the teams with a realistic shot at the MNC.

1 Oregon10-0
2 Auburn11-0
3 TCU11-0
4 Boise State9-0
5 LSU9-1
6 Stanford9-1
7 Wisconsin9-1
8 Nebraska9-1
9 Ohio State9-1
10 Oklahoma State9-1
11 Alabama8-2
12 Michigan State9-1
13 Arkansas8-2
14 Oklahoma8-2
15 Missouri8-2
16 Virginia Tech8-2
17 South Carolina7-3
18 Nevada9-1
19 Texas A&M7-3
20 Iowa7-3
21 Mississippi State7-3
22 Arizona7-3
23 Utah8-2
24 Miami (FL)7-3
25 Florida State7-3

Last edited:
I notice, the Buckeye continue to win since thier one bad half yet continue to fail to move up in the standings at all.
Matter of fact, I THOUGHT a week or two ago they had moved up to # 8, but now they are at 9, go figure.

I don't see them being able to move up any farther particularly seeing that Iowa lost .... A win against Michigan will not be moving them up either.

Looks like they will be going to an early New years Day game of worse yet, a NON NY day game.

I thought it was a cheap shot as well, and not the first that has been made by him this year.

The ball was clearly away, he had time to stop. He didnt.
Often times I will give the defender benefit of the doubt and the game is going and they cant stop. He had plenty of time in this case.

I notice, the Buckeye continue to win since thier one bad half yet continue to fail to move up in the standings at all.
Matter of fact, I THOUGHT a week or two ago they had moved up to # 8, but now they are at 9, go figure.

I don't see them being able to move up any farther particularly seeing that Iowa lost .... A win against Michigan will not be moving them up either.

Looks like they will be going to an early New years Day game of worse yet, a NON NY day game.
Don't get me to lying. LSU has had pretty much only one "good" half (2nd in the Bama game) and they have them at the top of the one-loss teams. Figure that one.

Wow, the ACC has a few really good teams this year some of which VT has already beatin. They had 2 losses one of which was to BSU by only 3 points whom is a top ranked team... a very close game. The JMU loss was upsetting for sure but it happens, just as Michigan had one a few years ago. I'm hoping for FSU to meet up with VT cause we've already beatin NC St, been there done that. But the ACC is far far better than the Big East and MWC, no idea why so much hate towards a conference that loves to beat up on each other more so than the others. My money is on VT in the Orange bowl... FSU just doesn't have the fire power that VT has whom already as I said beat NC ST whom beat FSU.... there ya go!
No hate, just reality. I went to Ga Tech, so I enjoy the ACC. But the reality is that they have sucked when playing anyone else.

To say they're good, just because they beat each other up is a falicy. Every conference that is somewhat balanced will do that. A true test is how they play other conferences. And no one in the conference (especially Va Tech) has done well against others.

As for Michigan, have you not seen them the past few years? Not a team I'd want to compare myself to.

How do you figure Wisconsin goes to the Orange bowl ?
If they win out the go to the Rose bowl.
Wisconsin , Ohio State and MSU all have 1 conference loss.
MSU beat Wisconsin which beat OSU ....
Now something doesn't sound right, I just heard earlier that Wisconsin had the Tie Breaker in the group, but I'm trying to figure out how ....
They said if all were tied at the end of the season, that Wisconsin would go because thier BcS ranking was higher ....
That is true. In a 3-way tie, there first tie breaker is if someone beat both of the other 2 teams. That's not the case, as each beat one other and lost to the third.
Next would be overall record, but that can't be used either.

Since everything is equal, that last thing used is the final BCS ranking.

So Wisconsin would go to the Rose Bowl, and then a BCS bowl can choose either Ohio St. or Michigan St. as an at large (there is no guarantee for an at large, nor for the order). Both can't be at larges though, as each conference is capped at 2 BCS teams max.

BCS Selection Order

With all the talk of who will go to the Orange Bowl (Auburn & Wisconsin :rolleyes: ), I decided to post the BCS Selection Order, so we can intelligently predict who goes where.

BCS Championship - #1
BCS Championship - #2
Rose Bowl - Pac 10 Champ
Rose Bowl - Big Ten Champ
Sugar Bowl - SEC Champ
Orange Bowl - ACC Champ
Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 Champ
Bowl that lost #1 anchor - at large
Bowl that lost #2 anchor - at large
Sugar Bowl - at large
Orange Bowl - at large
Fiesta Bowl - at large

Rose Bowl only gets an early replacement pic if it loses both anchors, otherwise it picks last
Big East is guaranteed an at large

Things of note:
Rose Bowl - almost always takes a Pac 10 or Big Ten team to replace an anchor
Sugar Bowl - almost always takes an SEC team to replace an anchor

Last edited:
No reasoning with you is there? Even in the face of the obvious. You obviously didn't watch enough of that game to know what went on.

Hopefully, he is just backed into supporting an unreasonable, indefensible position as no sports fan could enjoy seeing a player hit in the square of the back by a chicken-chit player like what went down during the game on Saturday unless they are the type who thinks torturing animals is cool, too.

TCU and BSU aren't going to BCS games. One of them will, but with three one loss Big Ten teams, LSU and Stanford, it won't happen.
Maybe they should make the Big East sit out

This is exactly what is wrong with the automatic invitations for the big-time bowls. A playoff like basketball employees would cure the problem, once and for all, although they certainly don't need 96 teams, more like the top 32, based on computer scores, should do it. :D

A top 32 team playoff would be nice to see. The major bowls could annually rotate the BCS Conference Playoffs, the BCS Semis, BCS Quarters, BCS Finals, and the BCS Champoinship. Start soon after the season is over and let the lesser bowls continue during the BCS playoff series. The BCS Championship could fall after everything is said and done at the same time it does now. If the major bowls would let go of the New Year's day tradition, why couldn't this work?

Last edited:
Hopefully, he is just backed into supporting an unreasonable, indefensible position as no sports fan could enjoy seeing a player hit in the square of the back by a chicken-chit player like what went down during the game on Saturday unless they are the type who thinks torturing animals is cool, too.
The guy definitely ignores all return fire and sticks to his guns...gotta give credit for that at least. A person like that is what you want by your side in a foxhole. :D

Last edited:
Guys....a playoff ain't gonna happen any time in the near future so do not knock your brains over it. University presidents LOVE the money the current bowl system brings and they do not plan to give up the money train. I am sure there plenty of good ideas out there to BOTH continue the golden goose AND have a playoff system in place....but why f*** up our perfectly reasonable rants with intelligence and common sense?! ;-)

Carry on......

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

Guys....a playoff ain't gonna happen any time in the near future so do not knock your brains over it. University presidents LOVE the money the current bowl system brings and they do not plan to give up the money train. I am sure there plenty of good ideas out there to BOTH continue the golden goose AND have a playoff system in place....but why f*** up our perfectly reasonable rants with intelligence and common sense?! ;-)...
Just wishful thinking.

Jimbo said:

I don't see who you want to put them ahead of. Stanford and LSU lost to the top two schools only, so it makes sense that they are higher. Wisconsin beat OSU, OSU won't pass them if they don't lose again. The only iffy is Nebraska, but it makes no difference as long as Wisconsin is still ahead.

I don't see who you want to put them ahead of. Stanford and LSU lost to the top two schools only, so it makes sense that they are higher. Wisconsin beat OSU, OSU won't pass them if they don't lose again. The only iffy is Nebraska, but it makes no difference as long as Wisconsin is still ahead.

I was thinking the same thing.. I certainly would bring nebraska down as there loss was to a crappy Texas team.

But Stanfords one loss was to #1 Oregon, LSUs one loss was to #2 Auburn, and of course Wisconsin beat OSU.. And Wisconsins one loss was to #12 Mich St. So really I dont see any reason for OSU or Wis, to jump any other 1 loss team Except Nebraska. Which would put OSU at #8. Maybe it was Nebraska win over Missouri, that jumped them over OSU? Im not sure.

As to Texas. They started the season at #5. They were still 21 after the loss to UCLA. After their split with Oklahoma and Nebraska it hasbeen to say the least a weird season. As to Nebraska, their coach got a case of the dumbs in the Texas game. He didn't use his excellent running backs in the first half. And when all of his receivers developed catchers mitts for hand's, he pulled the quarterback (4 sure TD passes in the first half). In terms of conference power. The Top four teams in each conference, BCS non conference record 3-1 big ten (including Notre Dame) and 4-0 big 12. Ohio State not only didn't play any BCS schools, didn't even schedule any WAC or Rocky Mountain West.:D

. And no one in the conference (especially Va Tech) has done well against others.
VT did beat the #3 team from last years SEC line up in a bowl game and by a nice margin also! Granted they have some wins but not the ones you'd like to see happen. As for the Michigan remark..I was only referring back to their 2007 season and what happened to them at the start of the season and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts