2010 NCAA Football Season

I agree pretty much. But to be honest, In 2007 Georgia got hot late in the season after a poor start early on, and a sure win against a stacked LSU team wasn't a gimme as most Georgia people like to think. But, I understand how Bulldog blinders work. ;)

What about a 2-loss Auburn team? And what if Boise, TCU, and/or Oregon stumble and LSU wins out (which is highly unlikely, I know)? Will you still be saying Les doesn't deserve to go to the MNC?
No, for the same reasons I argued against my Dawgs, if you don't win your conference (let alone your division) you don't deserve to be in the MNC. Look up the archives, you'll see my position has been consistent on that.

Now if Tennessee had lost that game against Kentucky, and Georgia got into the SEC game, I think they would have beaten LSU. But alas, Kentucky stumbled late in that game and Georgia didn't get in.

No, for the same reasons I argued against my Dawgs, if you don't win your conference (let alone your division) you don't deserve to be in the MNC. Look up the archives, you'll see my position has been consistent on that....
Nobody's questioning your position, and I agree with your stance. But, what if Auburn ends the season ranked #1 and LSU #2 (say Oregon, Boise, and TCU all lose before season ends, which again is not likely), should LSU get a shot?

Last edited:
Nobody's questioning your position, and I agree with your stance. But, what if Auburn ends the season ranked #1 and LSU #2 (say Oregon, Boise, and TCU all lose before season ends, which again is not likely), should LSU get a shot?

get a shot? This whole discussion and many more wouldn't even be relevant had there be a 16 team playoff like it should be in the first place. The Bowl sponsors can choose to sponsor certain games at those respected home seeded teams well in advanced depending on the rank or position. There are so many ways to make it work and work well and even end the same time the bowls end if not sooner.

Nope, for the same reason that I argued against Michigan playing a repeat against Ohio St. a few years back. The game has already been played.

I hated the rematch against Fla & FSU several years back. Because of the Rose Bowl locking, Penn St. got screwed out of a chance to play (was before the Big Ten & Pac10 joined the BCS).

Replaying a game means nothing. If the same team wins it proves nothing new. If the other team wins, it might as well be a tie, as it proves nothing as to the better team. My take on rematches is they should only be in the confines of a play off.

...Replaying a game means nothing. If the same team wins it proves nothing new. If the other team wins, it might as well be a tie, as it proves nothing as to the better team. My take on rematches is they should only be in the confines of a play off.
But what if....:D

I agree. I sure hate to see Boise or TCU get there if Auburn or Oregon stumble though.

Today's Games to Watch...

Wisconsin at Michigan - to see if the Badgers will score 100-points against the Wolverine defense :(
Army vs Notre Dame - game being played at Yankee Stadium (love it)! :)
Illinois vs Northwestern - gotta love the game being played at Wrigley Field:)
Ohio St at Iowa - the Hawkeyes are going to get pancaked by the evil vest-wearing Buckeyes :devil:
Nebraska at Texas A&M - can the Huskers win their 10th game of the season?
Virginia Tech at Miami - should be interesting to see which team comes ready to play

Another embarrassing loss by Rich Rodriguez to yet another Big Ten team at the Big House. I just wanted to strange the EPSN accouncer who started talking about R. Rod was turning point and he just needed a couple years to recruit a Defense. Wrong! The team is at a turning-point...where they are about to end the R. Rod experiment. Ugh!

I agree. I sure hate to see Boise or TCU get there if Auburn or Oregon stumble though.
I wouldn't hate it. After all, Utah spanked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago. And Boise St. beat Oregon 2 years in a row, not to mention Oklahoma as well.

I don't think Boise St. would beat Auburn, but I think they'd beat Oregon for a 3rd time in a row. So if they aren't deserving, is Oregon?

Michigan State pulled out one heck of a 4Q to keep their Big 10 championship hopes alive. It took 22 points in the 4Q to turn the game around.

I wouldn't hate it. After all, Utah spanked Alabama in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago. And Boise St. beat Oregon 2 years in a row, not to mention Oklahoma as well.

I don't think Boise St. would beat Auburn, but I think they'd beat Oregon for a 3rd time in a row. So if they aren't deserving, is Oregon?

Ohio State Man Handled Oregon last year ...

Boise St. , Utah can win a game when they only play one game a year, much different when they play a schedule of teams like most other teams do.
Which other teams? Have you seen the schedules of some of the automatic qualifiers? The ACC has been a joke this year, and the Big East isn't too stellar either. The Big 12 has long been known to have 2 or 3 good teams with a lot of filler, the Pac10 ever worse. The Big Ten and SEC are probably the only conferences with more top to bottom consistency leading to more strong matchups within a season.

Which other teams? Have you seen the schedules of some of the automatic qualifiers? The ACC has been a joke this year, and the Big East isn't too stellar either. The Big 12 has long been known to have 2 or 3 good teams with a lot of filler, the Pac10 ever worse. The Big Ten and SEC are probably the only conferences with more top to bottom consistency leading to more strong matchups within a season.

Your looking at this year only, look at it as a whole over the course of 5-10 years, or maybe the last 5 would be better even.
Big Ten for example usually has Ohio State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State and Nebraska coming in...
SEC also has thier teams, Florida, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia

BSU, Utah and TCU would have a tough time competing in these conferences on a regular basis.
Sure they will win some of them, but they won't be winning 10+ against those conferences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts