2010 NCAA Football Season

Isn't Meyer a "rah-rah" type of coach? Not sure how well his style would translate into the Pro's, although I'm sure he'll get offers.

I think IF he DOES comeback BEFORE his two daughters are married with kids.....he quit and is a liar. Using his kids to leave a job to "spend time with my family" has been used a little to often lately.

Its sad to see him go. But I can certainly respect his stepping down. Something he wanted to do last year, but I am not sure what pressure brought him back. I certainly do not blame our poor performance this year on him (After all we lost the best OC in the country to a head coaching job and more then a handful of players to the NFL including a few first rounders).

I wish the Coach Meyer well in his next position in life, if he chooses to coach again, or simply take the money and spend the time with his family. After all at the end of the day, that is what is important. How good a father you were, not how many championships you won. (2 btw at Florida)

Now Salsa here is a school Gruden may go to ;)
I'm sure the Zook would be happy to come back. Afterall, those were his players that Meyer won with. ;) :D

I'm sure the Zook would be happy to come back. Afterall, those were his players that Meyer won with. ;) :D

I wouldn't say that .....
Zook was not there very long ... what, a year or two ?

Edit: turns out he was there for 3 years.
barely there long enough to get his own guys in there.

As it turns out, Urban would have had a few years of Ron's guys and a few of his own.

You really want Mullen ?

Miss St, did great this year under him. Considering they are in the toughest half of any conference in the NCAA Div1. You have Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama being Miss Sts only losses. All top ranked teams. They Barely lost to Auburn and barely to Arkansas. The rest of there schedule not to impressive. But they get to beat up on Big Ten Michigan Jan 1.

I would be Happy with Mullen, FLA does better when they have Offensive minded head coaches (SPurrier, Meyer, etc) I would also be ok with Charlie Strong. Both of them were at FLA under Meyer.

If we could get Both Mullen and Strong that would be just dandy.

Miss St, did great this year under him. Considering they are in the toughest half of any conference in the NCAA Div1. You have Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, Alabama being Miss Sts only losses. All top ranked teams. They Barely lost to Auburn and barely to Arkansas. The rest of there schedule not to impressive. But they get to beat up on Big Ten Michigan Jan 1.

I would be Happy with Mullen, FLA does better when they have Offensive minded head coaches (SPurrier, Meyer, etc) I would also be ok with Charlie Strong. Both of them were at FLA under Meyer.

If we could get Both Mullen and Strong that would be just dandy.

I added some stuff.

I see that ...

I didn't realize that Mullen was there previously.

ESPN reporting that Will Muschamp will be named UF head coach.

So much for coach in waiting at UT.

It will be interesting what kind of offense he will run.

I saw that too ...

Report: Florida to hire Will Muschamp

ESPN.com news services

AUSTIN, Texas -- A person familiar with the decision says Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp has accepted an offer to be the head coach at Florida.

SEC blog

Low ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation
'

Muschamp, who just finished his third season at Texas, where he was the head-coach-in-waiting to succeed Mack Brown, replaces Urban Meyer at Florida.

The person confirming the move spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak in advance of a formal announcement later Saturday night.

Sources told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Muschamp was the only person Florida interviewed.

Report: Florida Gators to hire Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp - ESPN

I saw that too ...

Report: Florida to hire Will Muschamp

ESPN.com news services

AUSTIN, Texas -- A person familiar with the decision says Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp has accepted an offer to be the head coach at Florida.

SEC blog

Low ESPN.com's Chris Low writes about all things SEC in his conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation
'

Muschamp, who just finished his third season at Texas, where he was the head-coach-in-waiting to succeed Mack Brown, replaces Urban Meyer at Florida.

The person confirming the move spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak in advance of a formal announcement later Saturday night.

Sources told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach that Muschamp was the only person Florida interviewed.

Report: Florida Gators to hire Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp - ESPN

Mack Brown is 59, so he was supposed to wait around until MB decided to hang it up, ala the mess at FSU? I don't fault him at all for leaving Texas and wonder why this "coach in waiting" crap is so publicized, its the old "carrot-on-a-stick" as far as I can see.

Guess he got tired of being the coach in waiting.

Mack Brown is 59, so he was supposed to wait around until MB decided to hang it up, ala the mess at FSU? I don't fault him at all for leaving Texas and wonder why this "coach in waiting" crap is so publicized, its the old "carrot-on-a-stick" as far as I can see.

Seams to have worked for Jason Garrett, look at the money he made while stabbing Wade Phillips in the back the last few years .....
cowboys running an entirely different offense now that Wade is gone.

Guess he got tired of being the coach in waiting.

I think he saw it as a GREAT opportunity and can rebuild a team that isn't that far away .... He jumped on a Great job.

Looks like Miami has it's man :

Updated: December 12, 2010, 6:42 PM ET
Source: Al Golden will coach Miami

By Bruce Feldman

Al Golden has been offered and accepted the Miami coaching job, a source confirmed on Sunday.

The 41-year-old Golden spent five seasons at Temple, transforming the Owls from a program that was 1-11 in his first season to winning 19 games in his past two seasons at the Philadelphia school.

He would succeed Randy Shannon, who was fired after the Hurricanes (7-5) finished with a loss to South Florida.

The Owls went 8-4 this season, beating a Connecticut team that is headed for a BCS bowl by two touchdowns. They were not invited to a bowl game.

Temple was 0-11 the year before Golden arrived. In 2009 he led the Owls to their first bowl game in 30 years. He also presided over a dramatic improvement in the program's Academic Progress Rating -- one Golden and the school have previously called the greatest turnaround in the NCAA's APR era.

Golden, a New Jersey native and former Penn State tight end, has earned a reputation as a dogged recruiter and strong motivator in addition to being a disciplinarian.

Golden met twice in person with Miami athletic director Kirby Hocutt, once in New York and then in Philadelphia, during the interview process. Former Miami assistant coach Marc Trestman, the coach of the two-time defending CFL Grey Cup champion Montreal Alouettes, also received strong consideration for the job, as did UConn coach Randy Edsall and Houston coach Kevin Sumlin.

Golden previously worked under Al Groh as Virginia's defensive coordinator. He was also an assistant under Joe Paterno at Penn State and under Tom O'Brien at Boston College.

Miami is playing in the Hyundai Sun Bowl against Notre Dame on Dec. 31. Interim coach Jeff Stoutland is expected to lead the Hurricanes against the Fighting Irish.

Bruce Feldman covers college football for ESPN The Magazine.

Last edited:
Well hiring Golden into this program won't fit that well, just never seemed to have gotten the ball rolling at UVA...should be fun to see how far Miami falls in the next few years before they peak back over .600 again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)