2010 NCAA Football Season

Coastal and Atlantic wouldn't sound very good in the Big Ten ,....

Could have been the Great Lakes and the ...... others ?

Not with the way they split them. Unless I am thinking wrong.

Splitting on a geographical point (north/south) makes sense. Not sure why the big ten didn't do this

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Not with the way they split them. Unless I am thinking wrong.

Splitting on a geographical point (north/south) makes sense. Not sure why the big ten didn't do this

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Because the Big 10 didn't divide the divisions based on geographical location. They split them up on balance of power.

The problem with that though is in college you never know who will be the power. I mean who would of thought wisconsin, mich st and ohio st splitting the title this year?

Because the Big 10 didn't divide the divisions based on geographical location. They split them up on balance of power.

I understand that and didnt make my point clear I guess. I think they could have done a geographical split of some sort, since team power will shift all the time.

Last edited:
Go ahead and split them N/S and see what you end up with.

I used n/s as an example. E/W, Great Lakes/Heartland (or whatever), National/American (not really a geographical split, but IMO would have sounded better than what they came up with).

Legends vs Leaders the new big ten setup? Who in the world came up with this??? lol
ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-44529624-1292268578.jpg
As if things weren't confusing enough with 12 teams in the Big "10". Now "Legends and Leaders"? Two divisions that sound similar in name will make it difficult to remember what teams are where for fans outside of the conference. The "Legends" division sounds a little condescending as well...are they the teams that were once good but suck now? Ridiculous if you ask me.

Why can't the powers-that-be in this conference quit living in the past?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts