2010 NCAA Football Season

Nope, I did. It does make a difference when you start bringing in the snow as well. You get day games in the 30's in the north with some snow or rain and it does make a difference.

I agree, except everyone else on board must not have to deal with snow and sleet and rain, I don't know, maybe they have a magic elixir that guarantees great weather on game days.

Nope, I did. It does make a difference when you start bringing in the snow as well. You get day games in the 30's in the north with some snow or rain and it does make a difference.

Which is why I said there are a few exceptions. I would wager the vast majority of games are played snow free.
Our counter to that is the extreme heat at the first part of the season. I would imagine that is as hard or harder on the players than the snow.

Like I said, IMO, weather conditions are overplayed as far as performance goes.

I agree, except everyone else on board must not have to deal with snow and sleet and rain, I don't know, maybe they have a magic elixir that guarantees great weather on game days.

Ever sat through (not to even bring up playing through) a game with 100 degree heat and humidity? We all have unique weather conditions at some point in the season.

Ever sat through (not to even bring up playing through) a game with 100 degree heat and humidity? We all have unique weather conditions at some point in the season.

You are correct that each have their own unique weather conditions. Much easier to get through the heat in the first part of the season as most teams are playing their cupcake schedule at that point. ;)

Bottom line (and I hate to say this) is the Big 10 is still on a down year (past couple of years). This will hurt any of their teams chance to go to the NC game. We really need Michigan to be back to its traditional power house and have a few of the others just up their game a little bit. The big disappointment has been PSU this year. They sure had a chance to be good but maybe in a year or two they will also be back.

You are correct that each have their own unique weather conditions. Much easier to get through the heat in the first part of the season as most teams are playing their cupcake schedule at that point. ;)

Bottom line (and I hate to say this) is the Big 10 is still on a down year (past couple of years). This will hurt any of their teams chance to go to the NC game. We really need Michigan to be back to its traditional power house and have a few of the others just up their game a little bit. The big disappointment has been PSU this year. They sure had a chance to be good but maybe in a year or two they will also be back.

I didn't (don't) expect a whole lot from Penn State till the last half of the year, seeing they have a freshman QB.

This has NOTHING to do with Miami. Here you have a team like either Boise St. OR TCU who really play a bunch of 'Our Lady of the Sacrificial Lambs' colleges...you have the BCS proclaiming that strength of schedule IS part of the raiting process...and you would have THOSE two schools in the top spot and/or top 5??!!

Really? Seriously?

All of this hubbub about BSU being #1 in the BCS today is nonsense. Call me after they play their WAC schedule, and see where their computer # 's are then

Your dreaming buddy, you haven't been around long enough, so I have no idea who your team is, but thats OK.

Btw, you keep mentioning how great these other teams are, you spouted about ASKING CAL ?
Who the 'll is Cal, they are not even in the top 30.
You REALLY think that the Bucks would be worried about CAL or Nevada, get real buddy.

Also, I NEVER said that Prior was better than ANYONE, although he's getting better as time goes on.

Ido remember about how BAD Pryor was vs Jacory Harris, who most said was WAY better than Pryor at the time they played, seems to me that Pryor did pretty well that night with a point win and a very solid game.

Thats OK, you don't have to give the Bucks credit for anything.
Many people don't ... somehow they end up being good enough to play in NC games thruout the decade, Coach Tressel is doing something right.

Boise State would be a 3 or 4 lose team in the Big Ten and the same in the SEC.

The Bucks would do fine in the SEC, the SEC notoriously has 2-3 very good teams each year, as does the Big Ten.
The rest of the teams take up the slack.

Give it up Jimbo, it's not worth it. His team can't win the national championship on the field, so he has to try to win it in a forum. You'll never convince him of anything here, so don't waste your time. Even IF (a very big if) the Buckeyes go to the national championship game, he'll still be here telling you why Boise is better.

Sandra

Give it up Jimbo, it's not worth it. His team can't win the national championship on the field, so he has to try to win it in a forum. You'll never convince him of anything here, so don't waste your time. Even IF (a very big if) the Buckeyes go to the national championship game, he'll still be here telling you why Boise is better.

Sandra

Boise is not my team. I've stated who my teams are previously. I just happen to be objective and actually see a lot of teams play. The only reason I even bothered to post is to point out some objective information which some of you choose to completely ignore because of YOUR BIAS. I can evaluate teams because I have actually seen the games. I watch about a dozen games every weekend from all over the country. I happen to enjoy the sport itself, not just my little corner of the world as so many of you seem to do.

On a different, but similar note. The reason bowls are in the south is the reason that many fair weather teams and teams that have a large live fan base go to bowls. A dream matchup for the BCS this year would be LSU vs (take your pick) Ohio State, Nebraska, OKie, Okie State TCU or any school from Texas. Noreasters would rather go to the Orange or Fiesta to get out of the weather. Other than the Rose with Some team from California or an Arizona or Nevada team in the Fiesta, the weather's too mild on the west coast and there is to much else to do to get to excited about a football game.:D

Ohio State is the new #1 team, yet I don't hear Buckeye fans on here celebrating that fact.

They deserve to pat themselves on a back for now.

Nothing to celebrate yet. It's a long season. We've been here before. We've been one of the pre-eminent teams in College Football for years now. Now we got our work cut out for us. We need to stay focused and accomplish out goal.

Boise is not my team. I've stated who my teams are previously. I just happen to be objective and actually see a lot of teams play. The only reason I even bothered to post is to point out some objective information which some of you choose to completely ignore because of YOUR BIAS. I can evaluate teams because I have actually seen the games. I watch about a dozen games every weekend from all over the country. I happen to enjoy the sport itself, not just my little corner of the world as so many of you seem to do.

Oh yes, I forgot. My east coast, midwest, southeast, southwest, west coast bias....all of the places I said where teams with one loss should get into the national championship game instead of an undefeated Boise State. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Do you actually watch any games? No one is going to run over Boise. They have excellent coaching, and the smartest QB in the country. They are as well-balanced as any team around. As for their remaining schedule, Nevada is as good if not better than any team OSU will play this year and has a QB that is far more talented than Pryor. If you don't think so, ask Cal. You keep blowing on without ever looking at reality. OSU is overrated every year as is the Big 10 and shown up when they get out of their conference for the bowl games. Last year was the first time in years they have won a major game out of conference. You talk about schedules when the OSU SOS is pathetic. Their only hope of the title game is for no other undefeated teams.

It appears to me you do not watch any of the games. BSU has beat NO ONE. How can you gauge who they played on that second tier group on their schedule. Again I say lets see how they would do with the schedule Alabama just played and still has come. BSU can take half of games off while McElroy, Ingram and Jones play four quarters.

And the computer polls will show Ohio State far from #1. In fact, the Sagarin Computer rankings show them 15th. By any standards, Oregon has earned the #1 ranking right now. Ohio State's ranking is based on very subjective rankings for the Big 10 teams who never play anything resembling a competitive out of conference The entire Big 10 has one "signature win" and that's the OSU-Miami game even which has since lost some luster. Other than that, the only games against anything resembling competitive teams is Iowa losing to Arizona and Wisconsin squeaking by Arizona State. Then you have Illinois which lost to OSU 24-13 AND to Missouri 23-13 and no one is clamoring for Missouri to be #1 even though they are also undefeated. Add to that Purdue losing to Toledo who was beaten by Wyoming (a MWC team that most of you keep dismissing) and trounced by Boise. Oregon State's win over Arizona will further bolster Boise and TCU in the computer rankings.

When you consider these factors objectively, there is no way you can justify OSU being ranked over Oregon, or even TCU, Boise and Oklahoma who has played the toughest schedule of any of the ranked teams. Jury is still out on Nebraska since they've had a soft schedule also with the exception of Washington who is lower rung Pac-10 at this point.

I realize most of you are in the East and see few of the games in the West since they are on very late often. But you need to realize the power this year is in the west and any comparison of schedules and results will show that. The other thing is the gap between the haves and the have-nots has been shrinking every year. Even the SEC is showing some chinks in the armor.

By the way, I have no dog in this fight as I'm a CU fan and even the top 50 for us is a stretch right now. I am an Air Force fan also, and even though they can play with anyone right now they will never be in the title picture. If you think this is prejudice against the Big Ten, I grew up in Minnesota and still follow the gophers and remember when the Big Ten was THE conference. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

The computer polls are ALMOST as bad as the voted ones. They are all like KFC, they have a "secret recipe" and guard their formulas like they are gold in Ft. Knox. The computer polls are notoriously bad at the start of the season, but they do get better when last year's results fall off and there is more interaction between teams. The out-of-conference schedules for most all major teams is a joke, but the NCAA and BcS want it that way, they reward it for being that way, as long as you can get a "non-losing" schedule together, you are eligible to be in a "bowl."

As far as the PAC-10 being the top conference, lets think about it. A team that is always in the cellar of the SEC (UK) played Louisville (@ Louisville) and beat them by as much as Oregon State (one of the PAC-10's better (?) teams) did at home. That would look like a perennial cellar dweller in one conference would be the top of another. :) Is the SEC that much better than the PAC-10? Big-10 & PAC-10, who is better? Without a national championship based on playoffs, with the current scheduling, there is absolutely no way to know.

Or really time to drop Coach Rod as I've been saying the past 3 seasons. As you mentioned, their defense couldn't stop an offense consisting of you, me, seven other Satguys, a Girl Scout, and Pope Benedict.

That depends on who would be confined to wheelchairs for the duration of the game.

Seriously, if Michigan can get a decent coach, how long will it take to recover? ND held onto their mistake longer than they should have and now it is going to take a long while, it appears, to have a respectable (Ala Coach Lou) team once again.

Sometimes, you have to wonder "exactly what were they thinking when these d-bags were hired?" :(

The East Coast bias does exist, it's obvious in the polls and the banter. Take a look at the first polls and play the game of "Where are they now?" - then look for the Eastern teams that have disappeared. These first polls do have a big impact on subsequent ratings. Do you also deny that ESPN has a big financial stake in the BCS games and ratings are more important than fairness? That's common sense and a FACT - always follow the money.

Can we say "USC"? Yes? I thought we could!:)

Its called being a FAN ....

Your suppose to be a fan and back your team.

However, we STILL have not heard who YOUR team is.

Is your team THAT bad, laughable that it's not worth backing up ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)