2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to add how ridiculous for a 12-4 Steelers team to play at an 8-8 team. The NFL needs to change that system! Paul
i'm not sure they ever will. its what make's winning your division important for the playoffs.

What is the schedule for next weeks games?

01/14 Saints vs 49ers-4:30 PM (ET)

01/14 Broncos vs Patriots-8:00 PM (ET)

01/15 Texans vs Ravens-1:00 PM (ET)

01/15 Giants vs Packers-4:30 PM (ET)

Last edited:
Maybe they'll refine the OT rules again this offseason. Again,rules similar to both college & the CFL would be best.

I doubt you'll see that. It would change the OT format to more like a shootout in hockey and away from the traditional play (including special teams) that happen during regular time. Don't forget, when the NCAA OT format was introduced they had no OT rules so it was much easier to implement what they have now...

Their kicker can't kick that far in even Denver's light air. It would have been 68 yards.

You may be right...but Simms said both kickers were making 55 yarders in warmups with 15 yards to spare. Obviously a game situation is different from a 'real' FG attempt, but I don't think anyone can say 68 yards in Denver was absolutely out of the question.

I'm not saying he would have made it, I'm just surprised he didn't take a shot. I think the risk/reward ratio was low.

Sandra

i'm not sure they ever will. its what make's winning your division important for the playoffs.

I agree. If the Steelers were that much better than the Broncos, they should have won the game regardless where it was played. Same for the Saints last year at Seattle.

Sandra

I forgot to add how ridiculous for a 12-4 Steelers team to play at an 8-8 team. The NFL needs to change that system! Paul

FYI. Every team that has won 4 more games than their opponent in the playoffs has lost. It was 4 teams before yesterday. Now it's 5. Maybe they underestimate their opponent?

And why is it ridiculous, any reasoning to back that up, or just spouting off? You win your division and you play at home. Steelers could have done it just the same.

Also, all 4 home teams (division champs) won yesterday.

Last edited:
Good question. Bill? Hart?

Patriots lost Andre Carter for the season in the 1st Bronco game. They played that game without Patrick Chung and Brandon Spikes, they will be playing this week.

Not sure about the status of Logan Mankins, media seems to think he will play.

Is Brian Dawkins going to play?

Patriots lost Andre Carter for the season in the 1st Bronco game. They played that game without Patrick Chung and Brandon Spikes, they will be playing this week.

Not sure about the status of Logan Mankins, media seems to think he will play.

Is Brian Dawkins going to play?

No, unfortunately, his career may be over, it's that serious, I guess.

Our #1 receiver, Eric Decker is out thanks to James Harrison, so we are short there. Everyone else is good to go.

I heard "Mile-high Miracle" on ESPN this morning (no offense to you over-sensitive religious types ;)).

Hmmmm...calling it a "miracle" its a stretch. A very good pass to a an open reciever who out ran the coverage. Now hitting a 68 yard FG would have been a miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts