2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that. Lot's of bandwagon Steeler fans. They are everywhere. Another reason I can't stand them! Go Denver!!!!!!

Hmmm,
Don't know where your looking here that you are seeing Crying Steeler fans ....

Where are these BANDWAGON Steeler fans your talking about ?

Did I say you were crying?? No, I didn't. I was at the game and the Steeler fans had towels....

And WHOOMP! There It Is....I knew it, I knew it ;)

Typical Classless.

I hadn't realized you were talking about AT the game, you could say that before trying to slam the Steelers fans here.

So is the above post referring to the fans in the stands or those on the board ?

With the way Simms was talking about the FG kickers hitting from incredible ranges in practice, I was surprised Pittsburgh didn't take a shot at the FG. I get why they didn't, but I would think the chances of it being blocked AND returned for a TD (the only possible negative result...there were only three seconds on the clock, right?) were low, and the FG was at least worth a shot.

But I always respect Mike Tomlin's decisions, he knows more than me and is one of the best coaches in the game.

Sandra

I wanted them to try the FG as well.

Shessim (?) is not that good of a kicker, but he's getting better, I would have at least tried it, in the Denver air no less.

LOL yeah Mile High Miracle is catchy, but a stretch. Then again, perhaps the miracle is that (and I say this as a Tebow convert) Tim Tebow sat back and picked a great defense apart with his arm!

Poor Merrill Hoge...

Sandra

Your right, he had all day long to look for recvrs.

I think it was a very daring game plan by the Broncos coaching staff. They were challenged the entire game by Dick Lebeau when he would bring in the safeties way up to the line. You live by the sword and you die by the sword. Truth be told, that is the basic idea on how to beat the Broncos. The Chiefs did it perfectly, the only difference was, the Chiefs defense was ALOT healthier than the Steelers.

Chiefs have better CB's

Typical Classless.

I hadn't realized you were talking about AT the game, you could say that before trying to slam the Steelers fans here.

So is the above post referring to the fans in the stands or those on the board ?

Here we go with "classless" again. I love the particular people that throw that term around here.

Where did I slam the fans here??

And the WHOOMP was for you blaming something...this time, "spots" ???????

Even though he didn't get hurt by not throwing short passes to his running backs in the game against the Steelers,Tim Tebow should consider the short up the field passes to his backs if they are open like they seemed to be against the Steelers yesterday. It seemed like he was looking for the "home run" throw to one of his receivers & if they weren't open to his liking,then he'd run. When I compare what Tebow didn't do with "check down" passes to Eli Manning preventing a sack by that shovel pass he threw yesterday......Like I said yesterday,Tebow seemed adverse to throwing short up the middle passes to his backs who seemed open. It definitely would have prolonged the drive & covering the Broncos' running backs seemed to be the last thing on the Steelers minds yesterday.

To be honest, Tebow doesn't throw well on shorter routes, he's best served throwing deep, he's much more comfortable.
He had the RB out of the backfield across the line all day long and I don't think he ever threw to them.

How do you KNOW that ?

My God, and how do you KNOW he would have made it? In the history of the NFL, no one has ever kicked one from that distance, thin air notwithstanding.

And you do realize a FG from that distance has to be kicked VERY low, don't you?

Here we go with "classless" again. I love the particular people that throw that term around here.

Where did I slam the fans here??

And the WHOOMP was for you blaming something...this time, "spots" ???????

The WHOOMP was classless.

I had to ask if you were talking about fans at the stadium or here first though.

IF you were to see the game, not from the stands , you would understand.
Broncos got MOST of the calls and breaks all day long.

Watch the last 10 minutes in the 4th and count the holding calls that never got called .... it's no wonder Tebow had all day long to throw.

You can't see that stuff from the stands.

Name the eleven starters that were out yesterday.

Denver played without Brian Dawkins and Eric Decker. Injuries happen in the NFL.

Really, Seriously ?

You really want the list of players that were in and out and out ?

You want the ones that DID play that shouldn't have as well ?

3 starters on the O nine went out by halftime.
2 on the D line were out for the game before halftime Hampton and Keisel I think it was, Heyward came in tom play for him.
Ryan Clark, we knew wouldn't play.

Mendenhaul we knew wouldn't play.

Theres 7 off the top of my head.

Keisel and Hampton off the D line and Starks off the O line for starters will all be going to have knee surgery soon.

I had to ask if you were talking about fans at the stadium or here first though.

Watch the last 10 minutes in the 4th and count the holding calls that never got called .... it's no wonder Tebow had all day long to throw.

You know jimbo,for once I would like to see you give credit to the team that beats your steelers or lions without all the excuses and conspiracy theories. I saw the game and didn't notice all the calls that didn't go your way.

My God, and how do you KNOW he would have made it? In the history of the NFL, no one has ever kicked one from that distance, thin air notwithstanding.

And you do realize a FG from that distance has to be kicked VERY low, don't you?

Come on Bill.....

Of course I know that.
You think no one can kick in that thin air ?

I bet Janakowski could kick them from 70+ if he played there.

You have to at least try it, you had NOTHING to lose.

50 yards there is like 35 anywhere else.

And there it is........It's the same thing EVERY game. The Steelers are the most tortured team in the NFL.

This is just completely laughable.

What about the facemasks on Tebow that were not called??

What about the blown call by the refs on the lateral that could have changed the course of the game. Steelers don't score, Broncos get the ball at the Steeler 35.

And there was holding by the Steelers that never got called either. Apparently the refs weren't concerned with it. OR.......................

The Denver O-line was actually better than the Steeler D-line yesterday.........impossible you say??? I say.....look at the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.