2011-12 NFL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Bill.....

Of course I know that.
You think no one can kick in that thin air ?

I bet Janakowski could kick them from 70+ if he played there.

You have to at least try it, you had NOTHING to lose.

50 yards there is like 35 anywhere else.

Not hardly....

IF you were to see the game, not from the stands , you would understand.
Broncos got MOST of the calls and breaks all day long.

Watch the last 10 minutes in the 4th and count the holding calls that never got called .... it's no wonder Tebow had all day long to throw.

You can't see that stuff from the stands.

And I couldn't see that "stuff" from my couch........glad you could. I think we should look into the grassy knoll.

Really? Seriously? We're gonna start with this crap now?
:rolleyes:

You know jimbo,for once I would like to see you give credit to the team that beats your steelers or lions without all the excuses and conspiracy theories. I saw the game and didn't notice all the calls that didn't go your way.

I saw many of the calls.....

Then again I saw calls that didn't go Denver's way also. It is human nature to miss the calls especially with the pace of a NFL game. Happens many times during every NFL game. Especially holding as it is left to interpretation.

I saw many of the calls.....

Then again I saw calls that didn't go Denver's way also. It is human nature to miss the calls especially with the pace of a NFL game. Happens many times during every NFL game. Especially holding as it is left to interpretation.
Personally I didn't see that many calls but as you said there were bad calls for both teams. It's stinks but it's part of the game. Certainly not a significant reason why either team won or loss.

Really, Seriously ?

You really want the list of players that were in and out and out ?

You want the ones that DID play that shouldn't have as well ?

3 starters on the O nine went out by halftime.
2 on the D line were out for the game before halftime Hampton and Keisel I think it was, Heyward came in tom play for him.
Ryan Clark, we knew wouldn't play.

Mendenhaul we knew wouldn't play.

Theres 7 off the top of my head.

Keisel and Hampton off the D line and Starks off the O line for starters will all be going to have knee surgery soon.

Well, that's not quite HALF the team is it?? I only asked for the eleven that were out, no need for the melodramatic....

If you had 11 that were playing both ways the whole game, you might be on to something. I would even give you dressing 27 players when you should have 45.

Tomlinson didn't use it as an excuse. I guess he has "class".

FYI-

We had a bunch of rookies in the secondary yesterday because of injuries, one even undrafted.

Agreed. Good teams overcome injuries. Look at last year's Packers...

Tomlinson specifically said at his press conference they were not going to use injuries as an excuse. He said there were players that came in that filled those holes.

They (the backups) get paid big money for something, don't they?

Last edited:
You know what? I'm tired of pussyfooting around.

The Steelers got beat yesterday. Plain and simple.

They were behind 20-6 for half the game. The Denver D held them to early FG's instead of TD's.

We let them back in the game by not scoring TD's ourselves, and then turning the ball over.

The Denver D then did not allow them to score the go ahead points.

The Broncos then BEAT THEM in overtime by taking advantage of their defensive scheme and exploiting it. It worked.

Game over.

On to Foxboro.

Last edited:
You know what? I'm tired of pussyfooting around.

The Steelers got beat yesterday. Plain and simple.

They were behind 20-6 for half the game. The Denver D held them to early FG's to instead of TD's.

We let them back in the game by not scoring TD's ourselves, and then turning the ball over.

The Denver D then did not allow them to score the go ahead points.

The Broncos then BEAT THEM in overtime by taking advantage of their defensive scheme and exploiting it. It worked.

Game over.

On to Foxboro.

Tell us what you really think. :D

I 100% agree

You did forget about the Denver D causing the couple of turnovers

IMO there were injured players on both sides and bad calls in both sides the steelers got beat. If the steelers would of scored TDs in the first quarter instead of field goals than they would of had a better chance to win.

Tim Tebow is the most polarizing figure in sports right now,but......he draws in the viewers. Next weekend there might as well be only one playoff game being played,& that is the Broncos-Patriots game. The other 3 playoff games will be played in that game's shadow. What the networks would want most is for the Broncos AND Tim Tebow to make it to the Super Bowl(I think that their biggest nightmare would be a potential Super Bowl match up of the San Francisco 49ers & the Houston Texans followed by a potential match up of the San Francisco 49ers & the Baltimore Ravens). It's a shame that people are talking about Tim Tebow more than Aaron Rodgers,Tom Brady,Drew Brees,& Eli Manning,but they are,because he is who they want to see. They either want to see him succeed or fall flat on his face & fail. Who cares that the Broncos' regular season record is 8-8 & they backed into the playoffs,Tebowmania is making money & the networks want the money train to run as long as it can,hopefully all the way to the Super Bowl.

Here's one for everyone tired of Tebows' OVERexposure -

"Tebow is now the most famous white Bronco since OJ's truck."

Just saw this and had to laugh!

IMO there were injured players on both sides and bad calls in both sides the steelers got beat. If the steelers would of scored TDs in the first quarter instead of field goals than they would of had a better chance to win.
Well there you go. :up

You know jimbo,for once I would like to see you give credit to the team that beats your steelers or lions without all the excuses and conspiracy theories. I saw the game and didn't notice all the calls that didn't go your way.

Look a few pages back and you'll see me give them credit.

I never said anything about anything till YAZ decided he wanted it.

And there it is........It's the same thing EVERY game. The Steelers are the most tortured team in the NFL.

This is just completely laughable.

What about the facemasks on Tebow that were not called??

What about the blown call by the refs on the lateral that could have changed the course of the game. Steelers don't score, Broncos get the ball at the Steeler 35.

And there was holding by the Steelers that never got called either. Apparently the refs weren't concerned with it. OR.......................

The Denver O-line was actually better than the Steeler D-line yesterday.........impossible you say??? I say.....look at the scoreboard.

Never said that.

You also didn't see the ref move the ball an extra two feet allowing for a 1st down on what should have been 4th down around the Broncos 30 yard line either, would have been the Bronco's punting instead of continuing the drive.

Do you guys actually watch these games or just follow what others say ?

You also didn't see the ref move the ball an extra two feet allowing for a 1st down on what should have been 4th down around the Broncos 30 yard line either, would have been the Bronco's punting instead of continuing the drive.

Do you guys actually watch these games or just follow what others say ?
I watch the games yes. I don't make up conspiracy theories on why my team loses a game. You seem to do it and often. Honestly it's getting really old.

Status
Not open for further replies.