2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Good, the Bad and the down right Ugly!

Very good win for the Raiders against a top tier team. But there was some glaring issues still. But first...

The Good:

Darren McFadden...wow! There is no better combination of speed and power in the NFL like him right now. When healthy, he is as good as ANY running back in the NFL. Against the Bills, didn't have 100 yards rushing, BUT had 146 all purpose yards on only 26 "touches". The 2 other games, 150 and 171 yards respectively. Denarious Moore has now FORCED his way into the starting line-up with his speed and great hands. There is still isn't a DB out there that can keep up with his speed. The OL was fantastic for a 3rd straight game....good holes for McFadden and Campbell was barely touched. Hell, the JETS got credit for a sack only because he fell after the snap. Campbell had ANOTHER steady game in leading the team with no mistakes. DL was awesome...they sacked Sanchez 5 times and beat the crap out of him AND the OL of the JETS. Quite simply, the Raiders won it in the trenches.

The Bad:

The penalties....OMG...some were awful calls by the refs(by the way, they were awful against BOTH TEAMS! The Jets got hosed on a few occassions as well). Our corners are good but WAY too aggressive. That is killing us.

The down right Ugly!

Our LB are good in run support...but OMG, they cannot cover TEs and RBs to save their lives!!!!! Which of course, that is the Pats 'bread and butter'! I am PETRIFIED of the Pats next week. EVERY single team that has played the Raiders so far, have KILLED them with those short passes to the RBs and those long routes to the TE.

..and AGAIN, the Pats next week...pissed for blowing a 21-0 lead...against a team that can't cover RBs and TEs.... *GULP*!

Thank GOD the game is in OAKLAND.

And the Colts officially announce their entry into the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

With how they handled the Steelers last night, I don't think the Colts are in contention for Andrew Luck.

Unless the Steelers are really that bad. If Painter hits a wide open Garcon, their defense probably puts the game away. They could win a handful of their games, some of which could be offseason tiebreakers for draft position... Bucs, Chiefs, Jags x2, they'd even have a shot against the Falcons and Panthers IMO... probably the Titans as well without Britt and with CJ being a colossal waste of money so far.

The first 'Suck for Luck' bowl game is next week, Vikings @ Chiefs.

Polian should be calling Garrard and saying "Could you make that throw?", as they're a QB away from as good as any other team in that division.

The Bengals have serious attendance issues. Yesterday was their home opener. It was blacked out. A home freaking opener that couldn't sell out?!

Sunday’s announced crowd of 43,363 is the second smallest ever for a regular season game at Paul Brown Stadium, which holds 65,515. It’s the smallest home opener crowd for the Bengals in 30 years — going all the way back to the 1981 opener against the Seattle that drew 41,177 to Riverfront Stadium.

DaytonDailyNews: Dayton, Ohio, news and information

via KFFL: The Oakland Raiders became first team since the 1995 Pittsburgh Steelers to win a game without a third-down conversion in their Week 3 victory over the New York Jets.

And they scored 34 points, that's insane!!! :eek:

via KFFL: The Oakland Raiders became first team since the 1995 Pittsburgh Steelers to win a game without a third-down conversion in their Week 3 victory over the New York Jets.

Yeah...I saw that stat yesterday and I thought for sure it was a misprint. They were oh-for-7....

It wasn't blacked out for me. I am in their area I think. Anyone have a area map of who claims the area I am in?

The Cincy market is the only one that would be blacked out (which it was). Actually Dayton is a secondary market and showed the Vikes game instead.
Normally the rule is if part of the local market comes within the 75 mile "blackout zone" you'll be blacked out too. Guess your local market is outside of that zone if you saw it on local TV

OH boy....the Raiders injury report according to "The Silver and Black Pride" website:

We'll just hit the bad news first—the injuries. And it really isn't all that all that bad; I don't think. Darren McFadden suffered a groin injury. According to Steve Corkran, McFadden said after the game that it just tightened up and he'll be fine. Muscle injuries are tricky. Here's to hoping it is minor.

Michael Huff suffered a concussion. Everyone heels differently from concussions, and all concussions are different. He'll have to pass the concussion test before returning. I believe this is his first concussion with the Raiders, although don't quote me on that.

Chris Johnson pulled his hammy early. He already had an ailing groin. I'd be shocked if he could play next week, but there is no official word.

Matt Shaughnessy also suffered a shoulder injury. There is a real dearth of news on this. Hopefully it is minor as well.

Quentin Groves tweaked his quad. Again, that is the muscle thing. Even minor tweaks usually result in a one week absences. The way he was limping I wouldn't be surprised if he was out a couple of weeks.

Marcel Reece also left with an ankle injury. Hopefully it is not in the dreaded high ankle

Here's hoping NONE are serious.

They're saying that Michael Vick's hand isn't broken. It's funny,you have 2 QB's the same size(Michael Vick & Drew Brees) & Vick seems to be the one getting beat up. Hopefully,if Kellen Moore is drafted by a NFL team,he'll be more like Brees & less like Vick. Granted,the Eagles' offensive line is most likely worse than the Saints',but Vick brings a lot of the abuse he receives on himself with his style of play. Pretty soon,Michael Vick will become as immobile as Joe Namath & Kenny Stabler & he'll have no choice but to learn how to operate in a pass pocket.

Week 3- Top 10
1. Green Bay
2. Detroit
3. Buffalo
4. Baltimore
5. New England
6. New Orleans
7. Houston
8. Oakland
9. NY Jets
10. Tampa Bay

Week 3-Not 10
32. Kansas City
31. St. Louis
30. Arizona
29. Seattle
28. Indianapolis
27. Minnesota
26. Jacksonville
25. Miami
24. Cincinnati
23. Carolina

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts