2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
rey_1178 said:
i agree. lets just make it like the old days. and i mean like the 80's so not that long ago. its just to easy these days for qb's . the numbers are proving that. its fun but if you're going to protect the qb so much then make it consistent for everyone. vick is whining and crying but he has a point. just make it as easy or as hard for everyone. STOP with the inconsistencies already!!

Well...you can't say he's "whinning and crying"....but then say he has a point. ;-p

I think he does have a very reason to complain. The refs, like MLB umps have their own version of the rules(imparticularly, the strike zone) and there is no different interpretation of the rules....it has to be universal to all. You cannot call RTP penalty on the slight nudge Jason Campbell and my Raiders got...then have Vick get nailed the way he did and nothing is called. It has to be the same. And I personally think it's up the commish to make it plain and clear how he wants the rules enforced.

He has no issues cracking the whip during behavior issues with the players...why can't he do the same to the refs?

Well...you can't say he's "whinning and crying"....but then say he has a point. ;-p

I think he does have a very reason to complain. The refs, like MLB umps have their own version of the rules(imparticularly, the strike zone) and there is no different interpretation of the rules....it has to be universal to all. You cannot call RTP penalty on the slight nudge Jason Campbell and my Raiders got...then have Vick get nailed the way he did and nothing is called. It has to be the same. And I personally think it's up the commish to make it plain and clear how he wants the rules enforced.

He has no issues cracking the whip during behavior issues with the players...why can't he do the same to the refs?

The rules exist...referees/umpires just interpret and judge them differently in all sports. This is not just an NFL issue.

Until you figure out how to have machines make judgement calls, you are going to have the human element.

Sandra

I can. he's crying about not being favored like the other qb's. but i can't disagree with his complaint. fair or not it needs to be the same for ALL qb's. and i don't care about the human element. it looks like poor training by the NFL for its refs.

or the coaches etc etc......... i like the current comish but what i don't like the inconsistency. i've been watching the NFL for a very long time and i don't remember have so much inconsistency between the refs. the game has become to technical and we're now reaping the "benefits"

The rules exist...referees/umpires just interpret and judge them differently in all sports. This is not just an NFL issue.

Until you figure out how to have machines make judgement calls, you are going to have the human element.

Sandra
sounds like poor training to me

I can. he's crying about not being favored like the other qb's. but i can't disagree with his complaint. fair or not it needs to be the same for ALL qb's. and i don't care about the human element. it looks like poor training by the NFL for its refs.

I agree all players have to deal with inconsistent refereeing. Doesn't change the fact that Vick is being a crybaby.

Sandra

ALL players have to deal with inconsistent refereeing. Doesn't change the fact that Vick is being a crybaby.

Sandra
didn't say otherwise. and about these inconsistencies, these rules for the qb in the NFL are written in English right? i'm sorry but there are things only meant to be understood one way. its not up to opinions. follow the rule to the last letter and you will minimize but not eliminate these inconsistencies.

didn't say otherwise. and about these inconsistencies, these rules for the qb in the NFL are written in English right? i'm sorry but there are things only meant to be understood one way. its not up to opinions. follow the rule to the last letter and you will minimize but not eliminate these inconsistencies.

I like the concept, rey, but unless you're talking about the technology they have in tennis where you can clearly watch a video and tell whether the ball hit the line or not, judgement will be part of the game.

Sandra

Last edited:
And the rules committee are head up by.....yep, you guessed it, the owners. The QBs are now protected heavily because of the investment factor, they are the highest paid position on the team...that is why they are treated the way they are.

SandraC said:
I agree all players have to deal with inconsistent refereeing. Doesn't change the fact that Vick is being a crybaby.

Sandra

I am sure you saw the RTP penalty during the Raiders/Jets game, if you were a QB not getting call...you would be complaining too.

I am sure you saw the RTP penalty during the Raiders/Jets game, if you were a QB not getting call...you would be complaining too.

If Vick were complaining about hits to quarterbacks in general not being called, that's fine. But he's not saying that...he's saying he doesn't get calls other quarterbacks get. That's what makes him a crybaby.

Sandra

What Quarterback has had the most roughing penalty's called for them since last year?

Brady?
Brees?
Manning?
Rodgers?

Nope, Mike Vick got more flags than those 4 combined.

What a whinny douche.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

What Quarterback has had the most roughing penalty's called for them since last year?

Brady?
Brees?
Manning?
Rodgers?

Nope, Mike Vick got more flags than those 4 combined.

What a whinny douche.

I knew Big Ben wouldn't be on that list, he gets abused weekly and keeps on chuggin ...

There have been plenty of cases that weren't called against him.

That said ....

I think the NFL doesn'
t call some because some of the QB's "extend the play and make Big Plays doing so ...
Next time Vick makes a BIG play and they blow it dead saying they didn't want him to get hurt if the play continued ... we'll see what he has to say then.

I knew Big Ben wouldn't be on that list, he gets abused weekly and keeps on chuggin ...

There have been plenty of cases that weren't called against him.

That said ....

I think the NFL doesn'
t call some because some of the QB's "extend the play and make Big Plays doing so ...
Next time Vick makes a BIG play and they blow it dead saying they didn't want him to get hurt if the play continued ... we'll see what he has to say then.

...and what rule would that fall under.. "didn't want him to get hurt if the play continued" ? Tin foil hat a little tighter than usual today? All the wrongs you feel the NFL has done to the Steelers and you have to make up a scenario, lol.

...and what rule would that fall under.. "didn't want him to get hurt if the play continued" ? Tin foil hat a little tighter than usual today? All the wrongs you feel the NFL has done to the Steelers and you have to make up a scenario, lol.

Boy did you go out on a limb ....

I have NO IDEA what your talking about.

This discussion was about Vick complaining about getting hit and I explained that some of it is because he does like Ben does and hangs on to the ball to make a play, the officials will NOT blow the play dead if they feel your still trying to make a play.

Consequently, Ben gets hit plenty more than other QB's, but you don't see him complaining about it.

This discussion was about Vick complaining about getting hit and I explained that some of it is because he does like Ben does and hangs on to the ball to make a play, the officials will NOT blow the play dead if they feel your still trying to make a play.

Consequently, Ben gets hit plenty more than other QB's, but you don't see him complaining about it.

A clear and concise post when it doesn't have the angsty 'NFL has it out for the Steelers' angle draped over it, good job.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jimbo said:

Ben gets hit for the same reason Vick does, their offensive lines suck, that's on the front office not the referees.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)