2011 AL Central Thread

Another win! In DRAMATIC fashion!!!

4-3 Tribe over A's in 12 innings!!! Took 2 out of 3 from the A's on this road trip. Now onto Anaheim. Happy Friday to one and all!!!

OK, I noticed the Tigers again beat the Yankees yet they can't beat any of the scrubs. They need to "take out the trash" if they hope to compete for the AL Central title. BTW, they must have won ugly last night scoring 6 runs on only 4 hits while allowing only 3 runs on 10 hits and commiting 3 errors.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

OK, I noticed the Tigers again beat the Yankees yet they can't beat any of the scrubs. They need to "take out the trash" if they hope to compete for the AL Central title. BTW, they must have won ugly last night scoring 6 runs on only 4 hits while allowing only 3 runs on 10 hits and commiting 3 errors.

I hope you're not implying that the Indians are "scrubs"??

Also, the Tribe's 21-9 record is the best start in their 100+ year history!! The dream continues. At least another day.

HD MM said:
I hope you're not implying that the Indians are "scrubs"??

Also, the Tribe's 21-9 record is the best start in their 100+ year history!! The dream continues. At least another day.

Nope. There is no way I would ever call the Indians "scrubs" considering their league leading record so far this season; they are on a scalping mission...merely stating the Tigers need to do a better job against the .500'ish and below teams. ;)

Of course, should Cleveland start a 12-game losing streak tonight...

I'll call them scrubs..No way anyone expected this. They were picked last. BY MOST. Including probably all of us. Just because they are off to a good start does not mean they are not scrubs..

I'll call them scrubs..No way anyone expected this. They were picked last. BY MOST. Including probably all of us. Just because they are off to a good start does not mean they are not scrubs..
As a long-time suffering Detroit Lions fan, I'll refrain from pissing on their Wheaties at this time. Of course, if they pull a GB (e.g., post how great the Blackhawks Dynasty was, how Chicago is the new Hockeytown USA, and that the Red Wings were now known as the Deadwings) and become extremely poor winners...well, then I'll be drinking lots of coffee and beer prior to posting. :eek:

The yankees had the 3 errors, not the Tigers.

Tonight , back to the typical Tigers, lose to the Jays 7-4, it was 7-1 in the ninth.

They need to move PAST the Phil Coke experiment, put him back in the pen and bring up Oliver.
However, they won't do that for another 10 Coke starts, when he loses all his confidence.
It will be like Dontrelle situation where they pitched him thru the summer while he won 2 and lost about 9, in the end, missing the playoffs by a game in the end.

I think Coke will do great in the pen again, just not getting it done in the rotation, imo

6 game West Coast trip complete. Tribe goes .500 during the trip. Even in losses, they continue to impress. Both Angels' losses were by 1 run and came via cheap/lucky infield hits and errors. Oh well. During a 160+ game season, you'll have that. Come back home boys.

I have a media pass to the Thursday day game against Tampa Bay. A guided tour of Jacob's Field, food and beer provided. Game time temperatures expected to be 82°F! Looking forward to it! It'll be my first game of the season.

HD MM said:
6 game West Coast trip complete. Tribe goes .500 during the trip. Even in losses, they continue to impress. Both Angels' losses were by 1 run and came via cheap/lucky infield hits and errors. Oh well. During a 160+ game season, you'll have that. Come back home boys.

I have a media pass to the Thursday day game against Tampa Bay. A guided tour of Jacob's Field, food and beer provided. Game time temperatures expected to be 82°F! Looking forward to it! It'll be my first game of the season.

Sounds like a great night at the ball park!

Generally, a .500 mark on a road trip is considered good !

Tigers are coming, you better keep winning. :)

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)