2011 AL Central Thread

Biggest Tiger move was picking up Victor Martinez to hit behind Cabrera.
Also they picked up Joaquin Benoit to pitch the 8th inning from the way I understand it.

Don't know what ever happened to letting a pitcher pitch 9 innings. :mad:

Tigers start the exhibition season with 2 shutouts. Not that it means anything..... finally gave a up a run in the 5th of the 3rd game.
I'm excited about this season. Nice pickups this winter.

satjay said:
Yes, the tigers pitching has the "Potential" to be very good :)

Tigers pitching has the potential EVERY year to be very good.
It seems to every year come down to how long Zumaaya can go, last year was going very well, when he went down, so did the rest of the staff.

Twins will be competitive if:

1. Morneau is healthy,
2. Nathan is healthy,
3. Starting pitching is consistent.

Twins will be competitive if:

1. Morneau is healthy,
2. Nathan is healthy,
3. Starting pitching is consistent.

Tigers will be competitive if:

1. Pitching , Starting and Bullpen do the job consistantly.
2. Victor Martinez turns out to the the guy to keep pitchers from pitching around Cabrera.
3. The bottom 3 hit a combined .270.

Tiger fans:
What do you expect out of Austin Jackson this year ?
Continue what he did last year and hopefully cut down on the K's, or have a typical Sophomore slump ?

Tiger fans:
What do you expect out of Austin Jackson this year ?
Continue what he did last year and hopefully cut down on the K's, or have a typical Sophomore slump ?

I am expecting what he did last year...I am sure this year there may be a few more valleys as adjustments are made. I dont have a huge problem with the K's if everything else stays the same

Tigers will be competitive if:

1. Pitching , Starting and Bullpen do the job consistantly.
2. Victor Martinez turns out to the the guy to keep pitchers from pitching around Cabrera.
3. The bottom 3 hit a combined .270.

Pitching is everything Jimbo, and the Tigers have the best staff top to bottom in the AL. Boston MAY have a better rotation, but our bullpen looks outstanding. Keeping healthy will be the key. BTW Austin Jackson will be better this season. Cutting the K's will be the difference.

Pitching is everything Jimbo, and the Tigers have the best staff top to bottom in the AL. Boston MAY have a better rotation, but our bullpen looks outstanding. Keeping healthy will be the key. BTW Austin Jackson will be better this season. Cutting the K's will be the difference.

I hope your right on all accounts, however ...
Last year at this time we also thought we had a top notch Pitching staff ...
The middle of the year came around and I kept thinking, Where is this staff that couldn't do much after the ASG. ....

I hope your right on all accounts, however ...
Last year at this time we also thought we had a top notch Pitching staff ...
The middle of the year came around and I kept thinking, Where is this staff that couldn't do much after the ASG. ....

Pitching wasn't the problem, it was the hitting that disappeared. Cabrera couldn't do it all himself. After Maggs went down, so did the rest of the lineup, or so it seemed. The Martinez acquisition will change that. Still, a healthy team will be a competitive one. If they swoon again after the break, Leyland won't be back in 2112. I'll have more to say after the final roster is set. Let's just say I'm very optimistic right now.

Pitching wasn't the problem, it was the hitting that disappeared. Cabrera couldn't do it all himself. After Maggs went down, so did the rest of the lineup, or so it seemed. The Martinez acquisition will change that. Still, a healthy team will be a competitive one. If they swoon again after the break, Leyland won't be back in 2112. I'll have more to say after the final roster is set. Let's just say I'm very optimistic right now.

Yes at one time last year I believe they had a minor leage lineup in there a few nights..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts