2011 AL Central Thread

I was reading someones opinion in the Freep or News today and they mentioned (this was the 2-1 win over the Phils) the Tigers have NO Offense this spring.......

I had to laugh, the starter have played what, maybe 20 innings this year total ?
You can't really evaluate anything till the team plays the Starters for extended periods.
I use to like Sparky's theory, the last 10 days of the preseason he would mostly play his top starters most of the game, still having to get the "Surprise" of the spring in the game to have a chance to go North.

Zumaya being held out due to soreness in his elbow. Here we go again....

Just a precaution from what I heard.

Update:
Zumaya to be held out for another week or two, the often injured flame thrower has pitched briefly this spring, citing soreness, he went to see Dr. Andrews again to be sure and it appears there is nothing structurally wrong ...
They say the soreness is where the screw was inserted and that the surgery from last year is fine.

Q. Did they screw the screw in too tight , or not tight enough ????

Your right one of the things that always has me leary about srping training records, we have seen teams tear it up in spring, only to finish in last. I have a a bit of superstition in that I never want the tigers to have a "great" spring training record

Your right one of the things that always has me leary about srping training records, we have seen teams tear it up in spring, only to finish in last. I have a a bit of superstition in that I never want the tigers to have a "great" spring training record

I really don't put much stock in the Spring Training records either, that said, it's always better to win than lose....
When looking at ST games I usually look at the first 4-5 innings and thats it.

I DO look close at the whole game the last Week of ST to see what is happening as most are getting ready to see what the team looks like and want to gain some kind of momentum going into the season.

As long as the regulars get thier reps,, thats all they need.

I was reading someones opinion in the Freep or News today and they mentioned (this was the 2-1 win over the Phils) the Tigers have NO Offense this spring.......

I had to laugh, the starter have played what, maybe 20 innings this year total ?
You can't really evaluate anything till the team plays the Starters for extended periods.
I use to like Sparky's theory, the last 10 days of the preseason he would mostly play his top starters most of the game, still having to get the "Surprise" of the spring in the game to have a chance to go North.

Speaking of Sparky, I always use his "40" game theory into the season on how things are :)

I don't know about you guys, but I am ready for the Opening Pitch on the 2011 season! To be honest, I will be extremely disappointed if the Tigers don't win the AL Central and, at least, make it to the AL Championship. Hell, I may be disappointed if we don't relive the joys of '68 and '84 once again!

Go Tigers!!! :)

I don't know about you guys, but I am ready for the Opening Pitch on the 2011 season! To be honest, I will be extremely disappointed if the Tigers don't win the AL Central and, at least, make it to the AL Championship. Hell, I may be disappointed if we don't relive the joys of '68 and '84 once again!

Go Tigers!!! :)
I think I heard Vegas slotted them to have 84 wins this year.

I'm thinking it will take 88-90 to win it in the Central.

Well, we are 2 weeks out from Opening Day :D

I thought they always started the baseball season on a Monday, then came the ESPN opener on Sunday, now they've pushed it back to a Thursday ....

Didn't they just talk about how they wanted to start the season in BETTER weather, now they start a week earlier ? :facepalm

I'm thinking it will take 92+ to win the AL Central this year. The Tigers should be in the 90-94 range. We shall see...
I don't see anyone in the AL Central with 94 wins, I think 92 tops, they beat up on one another too much.

Then again, the Twins won the division by 6 games this year and was only 1 game over .500 on the road.

FINALLY, OPENING DAY is here !!!

For the D* users, don't forget about the MLB EI. Free preview starting today, lasts a wee I think.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts