2011 AL Central Thread

Jimbo said:
Quit twisting my words and start looking at what I posted.

I have said for 2-3 years that Raburn should be gone.
Was not happy when Inge was resigned, but we had no one better.
Btw, what are Worth and Kelly hitting ? One is back in the Minors and the other , Kelly MAY be OK, but hitting what .250 ? actually .241 .... I prefer they go out and get someone that can hit and play a decent 3B.

You SEEM to think that I made this team ....
I NEVER said that Guillen was the answer, I'm shocked that he's even ON the team at this point, but I bet he can hit and play better D than Raburn has.

You POSTED MY NAME in the article, how was I suppose to look at it ?

I am FROM the Toledo area, I see ALL the guys that are now players you would rather have playing, they play in my back yard.
Leeland is also from right down the road.

I saw Verlander pitch here, Zumaya as well, Kirby Puckett as well and many others.
Inge was here, better then than now. Granderson was here and was a hit, big time.
Plenty of others that we thought would make it that didn't turn out when they made the bigs.
Raburn was here, he was decent back then and if he starts hitting, unfortunately the Tigers fans will accept him again and thew Tigers are tied to him because of his contract, however he DOES have a minor assignment available.
Maybe they will send him down, we can hope.

Ok I really cannot keep this up with you. You live in Toledo so you know better then all off us idiots. Raburn has no more assignments left. They'd have to send him to waivers. Anyway. Go tigers. Even though I'm not a fan.

Ok I really cannot keep this up with you. You live in Toledo so you know better then all off us idiots. Raburn has no more assignments left. They'd have to send him to waivers. Anyway. Go tigers. Even though I'm not a fan.

Your SOOO confusing, 1 minute your a Tiger fan the next your not.

I love the Tigers...have Tiger Blood and Bengal DNA pulsing through my veins (wait, I sound like Charlie Sheen :D), but this team is identical to teams from the past few years...heartless! Seriously, they look like a ship hopelessly adrift without a skipper. I hate to admit it---although I've mentioned it the past two yeas---it's time to get a new skipper. While they certainly don't have the talent to be an elite team, they certainly have enough talent to be leading the AL Central by 5-6 games. Heck, San Francisco won the series with less overall talent than the Tigers...but they played smart and had guts and heart. Anyway, I'm losing my hopeful optimism that this year's team will right the ship and steer a course to compete for the Pennant.

I love the Tigers...have Tiger Blood and Bengal DNA pulsing through my veins (wait, I sound like Charlie Sheen :D), but this team is identical to teams from the past few years...heartless! Seriously, they look like a ship hopelessly adrift without a skipper. I hate to admit it---although I've mentioned it the past two yeas---it's time to get a new skipper. While they certainly don't have the talent to be an elite team, they certainly have enough talent to be leading the AL Central by 5-6 games. Heck, San Francisco won the series with less overall talent than the Tigers...but they played smart and had guts and heart. Anyway, I'm losing my hopeful optimism that this year's team will right the ship and steer a course to compete for the Pennant.

Well, you knew going inthey would have trouble with SF, afterall they have much better strting pitching, they win most of thier games scoring 2 runs or less !

New skipper, do you have anyone in mind that would do better at the moment ?

I would think that they should be able to take 3 of 4 against KC, but well see.

The second half of the season is right around the corner, will they win 35 games in the second half ?

Jimbo said:
Well, you knew going inthey would have trouble with SF, afterall they have much better strting pitching, they win most of thier games scoring 2 runs or less !

New skipper, do you have anyone in mind that would do better at the moment ?

I would think that they should be able to take 3 of 4 against KC, but well see.

The second half of the season is right around the corner, will they win 35 games in the second half ?

I think Jim Riggleman is a competent manager and his replacing Leyland would change the motivation of this team. He's certainly not a better manager than Leyland, but the change would certainly change the team's complacent mindset. Plus we could get rid of some of coaching staff who aren't doing their jobs. Seriously, the Tigers couldn't possibly have a worse 2nd half than they have the past four years. That's my two cents...

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I think Jim Riggleman is a competent manager and his replacing Leyland would change the motivation of this team. He's certainly not a better manager than Leyland, but the change would certainly change the team's complacent mindset. Plus we could get rid of some of coaching staff who aren't doing their jobs. Seriously, the Tigers couldn't possibly have a worse 2nd half than they have the past four years. That's my two cents...

I can't see clearing house in the middle of the season .... as far as the manager and coaching staff.

So, how about the Tigers change the opinion of all of us that have seen 2nd half collapse and WIN in the 2nd half for a change !

Will Tigers take handle KC or play like a road team this series?

Is the Tigers road record all that bad this year ?

Edit:
Just looked, Tigers are only 4 game under .500 so far, same as the Indians.

There are plenty of teams under .500 on the road, the Phillies have the SAME record as the Tigers.

Is this Phil Coke's first appearance out of the pen since he was sent there ?

I like him better out of the pen .... 1 pitch 1 out !

I think he pitched an inning on Sunday or Monday, and yes...I like him a lot better out of the bullpen. While I was back in the area I saw Phil Coke being interviewed on FSD and he mentioned it was his goal to earn back a starting position. He just always seemed to let up a really big inning no matter how well he was pitching.

For those that are having baseball withdrawls...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)