2011 AL Central Thread

We should be 10-15 above .500 easy. I just don't like seeing this team not playing to their potential.

Valverde scrared the crap out of me tonight...I though he was going to blow it tonight. Regardless, a win is a win!

Furbush takes the mound tomorrow night. I would like to see him pitch 6 or more strong innings. We shall see.

We should be 10-15 above .500 easy. I just don't like seeing this team not playing to their potential.

Valverde scrared the crap out of me tonight...I though he was going to blow it tonight. Regardless, a win is a win!

Furbush takes the mound tomorrow night. I would like to see him pitch 6 or more strong innings. We shall see.

Whens the last time you saw Tigers team 15 games over .500 ? '84 ? '87 ?

Yes, it would be nice, I do think 10 games is reasonable, lets see which way the season goes after the ASG.
If they start out well, they could get to the 10-15 games, if not they could be out of the race by August (10 games back).

Like I said, Valderde as far as I'm concerned should NOT be on the AS team... that said, he hasn't blown a save yet .... shhh ...
He's definitely bringing back memories of Roller Coaster Jones and Rodney was far worse.
I would rather he bring back memories of Hiller and Hernadez.

Yes, looking forward to Furbush's start again, game # 2 !

Tigers should take three of four from royals and they are on there way. My concern is the second half. Though I think no contract extension for leyland and Domborski is being done for a reason. They know they have to win

Selfishly each time I see jar jergins pitching I only wonder...

riffjim4069 said:

This is to their potential bud. This is what you shoukd expect from this team. This division is horrid. All the experts said this team is an 85 win team at best.

This is to their potential bud. This is what you shoukd expect from this team. This division is horrid. All the experts said this team is an 85 win team at best.

I agree the division is one of the weaker ones in the league. However, can you name another team with four starters batting over .300 and a Cy Young pitcher in the starting rotation? These teams are few and far between! I agree that my grandmother could coach this team to 85-wins, but there is something terribly wrong if we don't win 93+ this season. Of course, the "experts" could have included "management" and "intangibles" when making their estimates. We shall see.

Go Tigers!

Tigers should take three of four from royals and they are on there way. My concern is the second half. Though I think no contract extension for leyland and Domborski is being done for a reason. They know they have to win

Selfishly each time I see jar jergins pitching I only wonder...

Same here. :sick:

Well, Furbush has put us behind big early. Of course, I get the feeling this one isn't over yet.

Never mind...that was before he gave up a 3-run HR. :(

I missed tonights game, got a feeling I really didn't miss ANYTHING ... :rolleyes:

On a POSITIVE side of things, Indians also lose and

J.V. goes tomorrow. :D

I would say you are missing Brandon Inge being looking Horrible at the plate but you have seen that before....now he is just looking overwhelmed at the plate

You know I never wished Bert was doing the game. He's been on vacation for a week now and former Twins manager Tom Kelly is doing the color for the Twins games. Now considering TK didnt talk much during his manager tenure, he likes to chat but he sounds so boring. So monotone and is just "there".

and the fact he calls Dick Bremer (the pxp guy) "Richard" just gets annoying

Tigers win 2-1 with Verlander getting his 12th win of the season. Inge and Valverde almost blew it in the 8th and 9th innings, but we held on to take 3 out of 4 from KC and move 1/2 game into first. See y'all at the All-Star game.

Last edited:
Saw that today! those pesky twins! They get to 500 that would be one heck of a climb

Yes it's brutal to see him at the plate he had a nice defensive play yesterday blocking third base when runner was going to steal in the ninth. Though even leyland is now saying he has to produce a bit

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Twins start after the ASB with 12 game homestand

4 against KC
4 against Cleveland (D/N DH Monday)
4 against Detroit

I'll go on record and state this homestand will make or break the Twins 2nd half season: 8-4 or better and the are back-in-the-race; anything less and they'll never catch both the Indians and Tigers. We shall see...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)