2011 AL Central Thread

Just tuned-in and see the Tigers are up in late innings over KC. Of course, they are playing at home so the results should be much better than their initial season roadtrip.

Except for games 2 and 3 of course. :rolleyes:

Don't remember if it was you or another Tiger fan that was talking in the Spring about how if they had a real good Spring record, they would stink during the season ....

So FAR it's Spot ON, so far they are stinking up the joint.

What happened to this potent offense ?

I think Verlander is going today..Who btw besides Miggy, seems to be all this team has going for it right now. Like I said same team as last year.

Um, I don't know if you guys have noticed yet, but my Injuns have come out of the gates a blazing! 7-2 with 7 consecutive wins including a sweep over the Red Sox! Color me surprised.

That's the beauty of baseball. One season doesn't have a bearing on another. You never know what you'll get from a club year-to-year.

While I expect my Twins to get their stuff together (& soon, I hope), it is nice to see the Indians playing good ball. Love the avatar, HD MM.

With the Red-Hot Rangers coming to town tomorrow, and Phatball Penny taking the mound, it could be a long series if we don't start pitching and hitting soon.

Penny goes on Tueasday, how did he become the #2 pitcher for the Tigers ?
Verlander was suppose to be followed by Scherzer, a pretty good 1-2 punch, but of late, it's been JV, Penny, Scherzer ? ?

While I expect my Twins to get their stuff together (& soon, I hope), it is nice to see the Indians playing good ball. Love the avatar, HD MM.

Thanks buddy. Thought you would. ;)

BTW... EIGHT straight! Tribe trumps the Angels 4-0 last night! The starting rotation is 6-0 with a 1.55 ERA (nine runs in 52 1/3 innings) during the streak.

Also, it should be noted that all of this has been accomplished without our star center fielder, Grady Sizemore. He is still rehabbing in the minors and should be called up in a week or so.

Penny goes on Tueasday, how did he become the #2 pitcher for the Tigers ?
Verlander was suppose to be followed by Scherzer, a pretty good 1-2 punch, but of late, it's been JV, Penny, Scherzer ? ?

He isn't really the number 2 for the Tigers. They adjusted the rotation at the beginning to set it up so Scherzer could pitch the home opener. They did the same thing with Porcello last year and eventually straitened the rotation back out some how. Great win for the Tigers today by the way! They needed that one bad.

He isn't really the number 2 for the Tigers. They adjusted the rotation at the beginning to set it up so Scherzer could pitch the home opener. They did the same thing with Porcello last year and eventually straitened the rotation back out some how. Great win for the Tigers today by the way! They needed that one bad.

Yes, I know Penny's not the number 2, just is working out that way in the rotation, however they NEED to make that adjustment if they donm't want the TOP teams throwing thier 1's and 2's at him.

That said, he's starting to pitch better, they need to worry more about Porcello than Penny I think, the kids getting pounded.

Thier excuse is "He's still YOUNG" ... I hate that, it means basically, it's OK to waste a start, much like when Willis was going out there getting beat 7-10 times and the team lost the division by a few games .... ugh

Some consistent offense would go a HUGE way to helping the pitching staff as well.

I agree. I think Verlander and Scherzer will hold teams down, but when the other 3 are pitching the offense is gonna have to be more consistent for them to win more games. Verlander pitching a complete game while only giving up 2 runs and still getting a loss Monday is a joke.

Hoping for a win this afternoon...

Yep we need a win today. We have Scherzer going today, Rangers are having a bullpen only day, and their best player is hurt. Plus that would finally give us our first series win of the season. I will be pretty disappointed if we lose this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)