2011 AL Central Thread

I'll go on record and state this homestand will make or break the Twins 2nd half season: 8-4 or better and the are back-in-the-race; anything less and they'll never catch both the Indians and Tigers. We shall see...

I don't know if they need to be THAT good, then rest of the division is playing pretty poor, Tigers and Indians giving games away in the last few weeks.

Why is it that MLB doesn't start the second half of the season till Friday in most cities ?
That actually gives some teams more time off than others.

I think its going to be a tight finish with every team sans the Royals still in close contention going into September. Nothing beats a pennant race!

Why is it that MLB doesn't start the second half of the season till Friday in most cities ?
That actually gives some teams more time off than others.

good question....doesnt make sense
Maybe the divison games start today? I didnt check the schedule

Twins now six back and six under. I didn't think they could get this far by the end of the year. That little spark of hope is still there!

The Whitesox are playing the way they should with the talent they have tonight[ 8-2 in the 8th].......they won 8-2.

Last edited:
Tigers now a game back, again, this is going to be like this for the rest of the year probably, hopefully it doesn't become 4 teams rocking back and forth though, that makes it to hard to end up on top ....

The way the Tigers went thru the motions last night, they deserve to be a game out....

On a bright note, it looks like Cabrera is starting to heat up. :D

Well, not a good sign that the Tigers kick-off the 2nd half with a loss...with their pitching Ace no less. Anyway, hopefully we get a good start from Scherzer this afternoon, along with some run support as well. Go Tigers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)