2011 AL Central Thread

Didn't see you online tonight, did you go to the game ?

I started my normal shift at the new job 2 days ago...1:30PM-11:00 or so (last night was 11:30)...no more 3:30AM wakeups for me to be there at 4:30AM (7 days of hell) :)
So I just record the games now and watch them when I get home.

Last night I sat down with a midnight snack (literally) and scanned through the game. Then logged on here so that shouldn't be an issue ;)
But I'm not like my stepdad who records the games (he usually works during the games) and nobody can say ANYTHING about it. Although he's lightened up now. Use to be he'd freak if someone said something before he could watch it. Now he doesnt do that so much :)

...Although he's lightened up now. Use to be he'd freak if someone said something before he could watch it. Now he doesnt do that so much :)
Some would call that a sign of maturity. But I think it's the realization that your kids may one day place you into a retirement villiage where you'll eat gruel, be over-medicated, and forced to sit around in the wet diaper while watching reruns of Maury.

I'm much nicer than I used to be. :)

I started my normal shift at the new job 2 days ago...1:30PM-11:00 or so (last night was 11:30)...no more 3:30AM wakeups for me to be there at 4:30AM (7 days of hell) :)
So I just record the games now and watch them when I get home.

The hours sux .... now we can't have a conversation during the games....
OTOH, your WORKING !

Is there anyone hotter than Jhonny Peralta these days ?

7 rbi's in the last two games (and counting) and hitting over .320 with about 60 rbi's.

Who's the leader for the Tigers in Batting Avg ?

Cabrera, Nope

Martinez, Nope

Yup, you guessed it, Jhonny Peralta :)

7-1 in the 5th.

Is there anyone hotter than Jhonny Peralta these days ?

7 rbi's in the last two games (and counting) and hitting over .320 with about 60 rbi's.

Who's the leader for the Tigers in Batting Avg ?

Cabrera, Nope

Martinez, Nope

Yup, you guessed it, Jhonny Peralta :)

7-1 in the 5th.

I was going to say everything you just mentioned. Now, if we could just get Raybum to hit. Go Tigers!

With all the bashing that Brandon Inge took/takes from Tigers fans .....
Has anyone noticed that the new guy Betimit has 4k's and 1 hit in 7 ab's also has an error last night.
However, he's still hitting .275

I was going to say everything you just mentioned. Now, if we could just get Raybum to hit. Go Tigers!

Come on, he hit a HR his first time up tonight to get the Tigers started in the 1st inning.

That said, I'll take Boesch anytime, but Rayburn apparently takes over Brandon Inges OLD role as the Super Sub.

That said, everytime he makes a good play he backs it up with AWFUL Defense.

Brad Penny is going to need some help from the Tiger bats in order to beat the Twins Baker this afternoon. Jhonny Peralta has been on a monster with a bat and, at age 29, I really feel that he developed into well-rounded player. Ordonez has been hitting and his batting average continues to climb every game. Other than Verlander, our pitching reminds me of Mama Gump's box of chocolates....never know what you'll get. However, with our current lineup we should be able to overcome "some" bad pitching.

Tribe needs a bat ASAP. They're trotting a minor league lineup out every night in the middle of a pennant race. Unacceptable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)