2011 AL Central Thread

I can't believe Cleveland let Jhonny Peralta get away. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :)

I would imagine at the time he wasn't hitting at all and they said his D had dropped off .... hell, he's only 29 ...

I'm glad he's here, he's solidified the Shortstop position nicely, didn't know if he would as well as he has, now with Gullien hitting and playing 2b well the Tigers look a bit more formidable.

Need to get Jackson up to at least .280 and Cabrera needs to get HOT !

Boy, you were right on the ball with that one, Penny is struggling, still manageable, but not throwing very well early, quite wild so far.

Well, the Tigers have some work to do in order to get back into the game, but we haven't had a big comeback in a while. I feel a rally coming on!!! Regardless, I didn't know how well Penny would pitch but I suspected Baker would give us trouble this afternoon. Hopefully he is getting hot and tired.

Well, the Tigers have some work to do in order to get back into the game, but we haven't had a big comeback in a while. I feel a rally coming on!!! Regardless, I didn't know how well Penny would pitch but I suspected Baker would give us trouble this afternoon. Hopefully he is getting hot and tired.

Well Bakers gone, time for the Rally !
Swarzak gave up a run and now they are changing pitchers again ....

Wheres the Rally Cap !

So much for THAT rally ....

Twins win & break a long Tigers streak against them. Reminds me of the Twins success against the Tigers in the late 80s. Hope the Twins have turned a corner, but they need to win tomorrow.

Tigers need to win tomorrow, 3 out of 4 is not bad, but if you only split your series after winning the first two, thats not good.

Fwiw, Tigers only lose a 1/2 game as the Indians were rained out.

reminder the game starts 2 hours later today than originally scheduled (3:10 start today) so we can watch Bert get in the hall of fame :)

Nice...up early over the Twins. Hopefully we can get another 3-4 innings out of Porcello and some more hitting. :)

I don't know what inning it was when you posted, but Porcello went 6 strong innings today giving up 5 hits and 2 runs, while walking 2 and striking out 2 as well.

This is how Jim likes it, he has his 7th, 8th and 9th inning guys in the pen.

Personally, if you can go into the 8th or 9th strong, go for it.

Right now it's Al Alburquerque in the 7th, J Benoit in the 8th and Valverde in the 9th.

I wonder what the status of one Joel Zumaya is, there was talk earlier in the year that he would be back.
IF he came back for the last quarter of the year, that would be GREAT and would lessen the strain of the whole season on him !

I don't know what inning it was when you posted, but Porcello went 6 strong innings today giving up 5 hits and 2 runs, while walking 2 and striking out 2 as well.

I posted starting the bottom on the 3rd. Just as long as we can get 6-strong inning from the starters then we have a pretty good shot at winning - 7 or 8 would be great. Until now, the only starter giving us 7 or 8 strong innings has been Verlander. Anyway, we needed to split this series...and getting 3 of 4 is icing on the cake. :)

I gotta say that I like the bats we've got in the lineup. Hopefully we can get some good pitching and timely hitting in Chicago starting tomorrow night. Offhand, the White Sox keep hanging around and we don't need to take the foot off the gas going into this series. I just took a look and we're starting Duane Below tomorrow against a very good Mark Buehrle. Yikes! That's asking a lot from this kid they just recently called up. I haven't seen him pitch yet.

Disappointed couldn't manage at least a split with Tigers. Still a long way to do, but this hurts.

I posted starting the bottom on the 3rd. Just as long as we can get 6-strong inning from the starters then we have a pretty good shot at winning - 7 or 8 would be great. Until now, the only starter giving us 7 or 8 strong innings has been Verlander. Anyway, we needed to split this series...and getting 3 of 4 is icing on the cake. :)

I gotta say that I like the bats we've got in the lineup. Hopefully we can get some good pitching and timely hitting in Chicago starting tomorrow night. Offhand, the White Sox keep hanging around and we don't need to take the foot off the gas going into this series. I just took a look and we're starting Duane Below tomorrow against a very good Mark Buehrle. Yikes! That's asking a lot from this kid they just recently called up. I haven't seen him pitch yet.

Porcello's starting to roll now, 3 solid outings in a row !

Q. How many teams at this point in the year have 3 - 10 game winners ?

34 of the Tigers 54 wins have come from thier Top 3.

Q. How many teams at this point in the year have 3 - 10 game winners ?

34 of the Tigers 54 wins have come from thier Top 3.

Wow! I didn't know we had three 10-game winners! Anyway, Detroit and Texas are the only two teams to have three 10-games winners prior to game time.

American
Boston - 1
New York - 1
Tampa Bay - 0
Toronto - 0
Baltimore - 0
Detroit - 3
Cleveland - 1
Chicago - 0
Minnesota - 0
Kansas City - 0
Texas - 3
LA Angels - 2
Oakland - 0
Seattle - 0

National
Philly - 2
Atlanta - 2
NY Mets - 0
Washington - 0
Florida - 0
Pittsburgh - 1
St. Louis - 1
Milwaukee - 1
Cincinnati - 0
Chicago - 0
Houston - 0
San Francisco - 0
Arizona - 2
Colorado - 0
LA Dodgers - 1
San Diego - 0

Another big series coming up against the sox for the tigers

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)