2011 Big Ten Football

Hey guys, big ten icons today, Bo schembechler. Only a half hour, not sure if the icon shows or always 30 minutes?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Early Games:

Minnesota 0 Michigan 58
Northwestern 35 Illinois 38
Penn State 16 Indiana 10

Game Notes: (by Riff)

- Iceberg was right about Minnesota...this one got ugly early. Of course, this one could have been even more lopsided since Michigan pulled Denard Robinson 5-minutes into the 3rd quarter and played their 2nd and 3rd string players. Michigan executed well and I like what they're going on defense - improving every game.

- Great back-and-forth game between Northwestern and Illinois as the Fighting Illini improve their record to 5-0. After coming back from a 17-point deficient to take the lead and then stopping the Wildcats on 4-downs, the Illini fumbled the ball with under 3-minutes to play, which lead to a go-ahead touchdown for Northwestern. With just over a minute to play, Scheelhausse (Illinois QB) marched the Illini down the field where the scored the winning touchdown with around 15-seconds to play. Great game!

- Penn State wins an ugly game on the road against an ugly Indiana team. I am downgrading Penn State's odds of winning the Big Ten title this year...they just aren't as good as I though in the preseason.

Late Game:

Michigan State 10 Ohio State 7

- The Spartans tried their best to lose this one, but it's hard to lose to an apathetic Buckeye offense. Michigan State has a "good" team, OSU has an excellent defense, but the Buckeyes have a woeful offense - it is simply terrible...and it's not going to get any easier since they play Nebraska, Illinois and Wisconsin their next three games. Of course, four players are coming back after suspension next week so this will give 'em a spark. Right now Miller is NOT ready to be the starting QB; he looked like a wide-eyed deer stuck in traffic. Unfortunately, Bauserman isn't much better.

Late Game:

Michigan State 10 Ohio State 7

- The Spartans tried their best to lose this one, but it's hard to lose to an apathetic Buckeye offense. Michigan State has a "good" team, OSU has an excellent defense, but the Buckeyes have a woeful offense - it is simply terrible...and it's not going to get any easier since they play Nebraska, Illinois and Wisconsin their next three games. Of course, four players are coming back after suspension next week so this will give 'em a spark. Right now Miller is NOT ready to be the starting QB; he looked like a wide-eyed deer stuck in traffic. Unfortunately, Bauserman isn't much better.

The correct word is not apathetic, it is....pathetic.

My Huskers are in tough one with Wisconsin. Nebraska 14-13. I'm so glad we got out of the Big Explosion 12 and joined America's premiere football conference.

BassBlaster said:
My Huskers are in tough one with Wisconsin. Nebraska 14-13. I'm so glad we got out of the Big Explosion 12 and joined America's premiere football conference.
27-14 Wisconsin. Huskers have their work cut out for them, especially opening the second half with their 3rd int. Badgers starting to look like a good bet for the BCSCG.

Well as a Husker fan it is hard to watch them get there A$$e$ handed to them like this. Until we can get a real QB and not a runner trying to be a QB we will continue to struggle when we fall behind. Don't think any team could recover from 3 INT and 21 pts.

It is a good job by Wisconsin.

riffjim4069 said:
As I've said for the past few weeks...Winconsin is the team to beat in the Big Ten. They deserve to be a Top 3 team in the polls.
If I may troll one more time...when it's all said and done, they probably will be.

Last edited:
BassBlaster said:

Lol...see what I mean! And if Nebraska had joined the PAC-whatever-they're-called or the SEC..he would have called THEM...."America's premiere football conference"!

Nothing against you or your Huskers, just this conference love thing is a bit phoney. Just love your team....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)