2011 Big Ten Football

Night Games:

Nebraska 17 Wisconsin 48
Notre Dame 38 Purdue 10

Games Notes: (by Riff)

- Wisconsin is the real deal. Not a very friendly welcome to the Big Ten for Nebraska...but they're a good team and they'll be a factor.

Welcome to the Big Ten Nebraska !

I expected this game against Wisconsin to be a good close game ....
Boy was I wrong, 48-17.

Last edited:
The Cornhuskers have a good team...but the Badgers just looked awesome. Jimbo, what are the Buckeyes going to do next week when they travel to play Nebraska? Do they go back to Bauserman, stick with Miller, or rotate their quarterbacks until they find somethings that works?

The Cornhuskers have a good team...but the Badgers just looked awesome. Jimbo, what are the Buckeyes going to do next week when they travel to play Nebraska? Do they go back to Bauserman, stick with Miller, or rotate their quarterbacks until they find somethings that works?

They are going to get killed is what they are going to do.

I'm really not sure what they should do ...

I'm guessing they will go to Bouserman because he can pass a little and if that doesn't work, go back to Miller.

They are going to get killed is what they are going to do.

I'm really not sure what they should do ...

I'm guessing they will go to Bouserman because he can pass a little and if that doesn't work, go back to Miller.

I can see the defense holding the Huskers to 20-23 points...they'll just need to find 21+ points somewhere.

Michigan moved up to 11th and 12th in the polls. I am actually feeling good about the team because Brady Hoke is using his offense wisely (i.e., using the style of the players he was given), and he has developed a defense - something we haven't seen at Michigan since 2008. Granted, we've got a way to go but at least we can hold our heads high. :) I love what Coach Hoke is doing with the program so far. :)

Week 6 Schedule and Television Coverage

Source (my picks are bolded)

Sat 10/08 Minnesota @ Purdue ESPN or ESPN2 12:00 PM ET
Sat 10/08 Illinois @ Indiana BTN 2:30 PM ET
Sat 10/08 Iowa @ Penn State ABC or ESPN 3:30 PM ET
Sat 10/08 Michigan @ Northwestern BTN 7:00 PM ET
Sat 10/08 Ohio State @ Nebraska ABC 8:00 PM ET

Bye Week: Michigan State, Wisconsin

- I'm torn between Minnesota at Purdue so I'm going with the home team; Fighting Illini and Michigan remain undefeated; Penn State holds off Iowa; Nebraska beats Ohio State...but I have a feeling the Buckeyes may upset the Cornhuskers after their losing to Wisconsin.

The top 25 rankings crack me up, really voters Michigan ranked 12 & 11. Now I am a fan, but a realist as well. Top 25 sure, top 15 lets see how they play against the better teams in the big ten

The top 25 rankings crack me up, really voters Michigan ranked 12 & 11. Now I am a fan, but a realist as well. Top 25 sure, top 15 lets see how they play against the better teams in the big ten

I said the same thing the past few weeks. Seriously, they started 4-0 the past two years under Rich Rodriguez and ran into a buzzsaw as soon as they started Big Ten play...and it's hard not to see elements of Rich Rodriguez when you look at this team. The shock & horror of the past three years cut deep. Anyway, this week changed my mind in that "this" is now Brady Hoke's team and he is coaching Michigan Football. Granted, this team still has RR's fingerprints all over it...but Hoke is recycling the good parts (Robinson & Crew), coaching discipline and executing (you can see it on Defense), and toughening-up the players mentally and physically (no longer rolling over in the 3rd and 4th quarters).

I was cautiously optimistic the past few weeks, but I am convinced this team will compete for the Big Ten title after their dismantling Minnesota 58-0 (could have been more). While the Gophers are not a very good team it shows that Michigan is executing, playing defense, and moving in the right direction. They should beat a very average Northwestern team next week by 20+ points on the road. What I find silly is that the Massey Ratings has Wisconsin at #8 (way underrated) and Michigan at #9 (overrated). Go figure!

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Three Ohio State players suspended

Source

"Three Ohio State players have been suspended for Saturday's game for accepting too much money for too little work in their summer jobs.

Last year's leading rusher, Daniel Herron, and the top returning receiver, DeVier Posey, along with offensive lineman Marcus Hall will not be permitted to play when the Buckeyes (3-2) play at No. 14 Nebraska on Saturday.

Herron and Posey had five-game suspensions -- for accepting cash and free or discounted tattoos -- extended. They were expected to be reinstated to play this week. Hall will be missing his first game."

This sucks! I thought the Buckeyes were getting back four key players who could help them against Nebraska? I don't see how OSU can possibly win in Lincoln without Herron, Posey and Hall...along with Bauserman/Miller playing well.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

I absolutely hate seeing any shenanigans in college football. Years ago it seems like the coaching staffs were there to shield players for the dirty aspects (busine$$ side) of college football. Sure, there was collusion and corruption but at least it didn't often involve the players. Nowadays it seems like the administration just looks the other way or is the great enabler. It's all about buckazoids! What ever happened to molding student athletes, building character and esprit de corps? Bo, Woody and Bear must be shaking their heads ruefully. They would be the first to discipline their players if they witnessed such shenanigans.

Sucks... :(

Missouri wanted Big Ten membership, university official says

Source

Missouri is hoping to join the Southeastern Conference but would have preferred an offer from the Big Ten that never came, a university official said this week. Missouri hoped to join the Big Ten last year but the league instead chose Nebraska. The university official said the Big Ten remains Missouri’s top choice but that conference “has no interest.”

“That’s what’s left,” the official said, referring to the SEC. The official, who is familiar with school discussions involving conference affiliation, spoke on condition of anonymity because the school has not commented publicly about its intentions.

Full Story

To be honest, this opens-up both the St. Louis and Kansas City (MO and KS) markets for the Big Ten Network. If the conferences makes one final expansion I would like to nab Missouri and Notre Dame. Of course, I don't see the conference expanding unless Notre Dame was part of the package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)