2011 Big Ten Football

Late Games:

Illinois 41 Indiana 20
Iowa 3 Penn State 13

- Congrats on Illinois moving to 6-0...but they are going to get a smacked when they play better Big Ten teams.

- Penn State has an excellent defense and managed to move the gall on the ground in the 2nd half. Iowa looked woeful on offense and are going to have problems this seaso if they don't find one. Offhand, I cannot figure-out why all the Big Ten "experts" predicted Iowa to win this one. I've seen both teams play and knew Penn State would beat them at home.

Michigan down at northwestern at the half 24-14

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

Early Games:

Minnesota 17 Purdue 45

- The Gophers are the Big Ten's whipping-post this year; they made Purdue look like a Top 10 team.

yep we are the red headed stepchild.....getting our ass kicked weekly

but hey we got Nebraska and Iowa the next two weeks at home.....I mean thats gotta motivate them...right? ;)
no Ohio State or Penn State on the schedule...so thats good

Michigan down at northwestern at the half 24-14

The Michigan defense could stop the no-huddle offense the first half and Robinson threw 3 interceptions. In all fairness, this was the first time this season the young offense faced the no-huddle. The thing I like about this team is the coaches along with the players being coachable. As usual, the coaching staff "made adjustments" at halftime and the Wolverines came out with an impressive 2nd half and outscored/shutdown the Wildcats 28-0; final score 42-24 for the Maize and Blue.

Although I wasn't happen with the INTs, Denard came out and played a smart 2nd half of football, and I am so-so happy the defense played a much better 2nd half. Finally, I though Northwestern's defense took Robinson's legs out-of-the-game (for the most part) and showed us that we still have problems with the running game.

Night Games:

Michigan 42 Northwestern 24
Ohio State 27 Nebraska 34

- Michigan moves to 6-0 - first time since 2006. Overall, both good and bad things to take-away from this win.

- OMG! I watched bits 'n pieces of the first half and the Buckeye's were clicking. I was impressed how they were executing on offense and keeping the 'Huskers from putting a TD on the boards in the first half. Second half...happened? It was a tale of two teams as the 'Huskers roared back from a 21-point deficiet (their largest come from behind win). Fickel is in a Pickle after this one.

- Wisconsin was "still" the most impressive team...and they didn't play today.

Well I think the Huskers were lucky tonight. Miller was ripping us apart, so it was bad luck (for Ohio State) to have him leave the game when he did. Our defense really needs to pull their head out of there a$$es and tackle. It was a poor showing on the defense. The offense looked better but Martinez still can't throw the ball.

Oh well the Huskers will take the win and hope that with the off week we can get some things fixed.

Shawn --- relieved Husker fan.

Twisted his ankle on a scrammble. At least that is what it looked like on the replay. They taped it but didn't look like he could plant. If I remember correctly it was right ankle.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Buckeyes up at the half 20-6, somewhere late in the 3rd I think was when Miller got hurt and NOTHING worked offensively after that.

Went back to the Tigers and thier rain delay.

riffjim4069 said:
The Michigan defense could stop the no-huddle offense the first half and Robinson threw 3 interceptions. In all fairness, this was the first time this season the young offense faced the no-huddle. The thing I like about this team is the coaches along with the players being coachable. As usual, the coaching staff "made adjustments" at halftime and the Wolverines came out with an impressive 2nd half and outscored/shutdown the Wildcats 28-0; final score 42-24 for the Maize and Blue.

Although I wasn't happen with the INTs, Denard came out and played a smart 2nd half of football, and I am so-so happy the defense played a much better 2nd half.
Finally, I though Northwestern's defense took Robinson's legs out-of-the-game (for the most part) and showed us that we still have problems with the running game.

Also looks like, unless it was for just one game that that Devin Gardner was getting in on some packages as well. Nice win for Michigan now let's take care of MSU!

Jimbo said:
I was pleasantly surprised to see the Buckeyes up at the half 20-6, somewhere late in the 3rd I think was when Miller got hurt and NOTHING worked offensively after that.

Went back to the Tigers and thier rain delay.

I really thought that OSU was going to pull this one out, they were up late in the game.

Still not used to nebraska in the big ten and the two divisions. I guess you can call this my "old man" moment but don't like all
These teams leaving conferences were we will only have a few remaining

satjay said:
I really thought that OSU was going to pull this one out, they were up late in the game.

I just got off a different mesage board and those Nebraska fans are whooping it up that their "Blackshirt" D is back....

I had to chuckle, seeing the offenseles with freshman and sophs playing most of the offensive positions were handling them easily, leading 20-6 in the 3rd....
Once Miller went down the game changed, of course that was ll on the N Defense !!!!

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I just got off a different mesage board and those Nebraska fans are whooping it up that their "Blackshirt" D is back....

Well Jimbo, they must be young or stupid and I would say stupid. As far as THIS Husker fan is concerned they are not even close to being the Blackshirts. Plus those fans must not have wacthed the game because those Pinkshirts couldn't stop the Ohio State offense when Miller was in. I think Bo should send a statement to the defense and hand out Pinkshirts (these are not for Breast Cancer Awareness) no ofense.

It is hard to watch the Husker Defense with the way they are playing. So Jim not all Husker fan are delusional. :)

I had to chuckle, seeing the offenseles with freshman and sophs playing most of the offensive positions were handling them easily, leading 20-6 in the 3rd....
Once Miller went down the game changed, of course that was ll on the N Defense !!!!

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

They shouldn't gloat since their defense gave up 48-points to Wisconsin and they would have lost this game if Miller didn't go out of the game. Miller was ineffective against Michigan State, but he looked like rookie-of-the-year last night. Either Miller matured over the past week or Nebraska's defense has a few leaks. Regardless, I like what I saw with Miller last night.

Well Jimbo, they must be young or stupid and I would say stupid. As far as THIS Husker fan is concerned they are not even close to being the Blackshirts. Plus those fans must not have wacthed the game because those Pinkshirts couldn't stop the Ohio State offense when Miller was in. I think Bo should send a statement to the defense and hand out Pinkshirts (these are not for Breast Cancer Awareness) no ofense.

It is hard to watch the Husker Defense with the way they are playing. So Jim not all Husker fan are delusional. :)

It's good to see someone saw the same game I did. :)

Big Ten Tied for National Lead with Six Top-25 Teams

Source

"The Big Ten and Big 12 are tied for the lead among all conferences with six top-25 teams each in either the Associated Press (AP) or USA Today coaches polls. The Big Ten is also one of only four conferences with two or more top-10 teams in at least one of the polls. The last time the Big Ten placed at least six teams among the top 25 in the national polls was on Oct. 3, 2010. Wisconsin continued to lead the conference, ranking fourth in both polls and receiving one first-place vote from the coaches. Michigan joined the Badgers among the top 10, ranking No. 10 in the coaches' voting and No. 11 in the media poll. Nebraska, Illinois and Michigan State also cracked the top 20. The Cornhuskers are rated No. 14 by both groups, the Illini climbed to No. 16 in the media poll and No. 15 in the coaches rankings while Michigan State moved up to No. 19 in the USA Today poll and No. 23 in the AP rankings. After appearing among the top 25 in each of the first two votes this season, Penn State returned to the rankings, slotted at No. 25 in the coaches poll and just outside the top 25 in the media vote."

BIG TEN CONFERENCE Official Athletic Site - Big Ten Conference

Odds and Sods - Okay, the Buckeyes need to bench Bauserman. If Miller can't play they should let their other young QBs play because Bauserman is perhaps the most ineffective QB I have ever seen wearing a Buckeye uniform; I've seen enough of Nebraska play this year to state they are going to lose 2 more Big Ten games this season. They're a good team (not great) but they will be playing five good teams to close-out their year; should be a good game between Michigan-Michigan State next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)