2011 Big Ten Football

But we all know where those Nebraska titles were earned (four Big-8, one Big-12).

But those titles were earned by Nebraska...unless you dispute the Cornhuskers' title claims now that they are no longer affiliated with the Big8/12? Regardless, this is not a point of contention.

Is there anything factually wrong with the statement, "Big Ten conference teams have won a record 38 National Championships among its current members." There is not!

Besides, in 10-years few will remember Nebraska ever playing in the Big-8/12...just ask Penn State.

:focus:

But those titles were earned by Nebraska...unless you dispute the Cornhuskers' title claims now that they are no longer affiliated with the Big8/12? Regardless, this is not a point of contention.

Is there anything factually wrong with the statement, "Big Ten conference teams have won a record 38 National Championships among its current members." There is not!

Besides, in 10-years few will remember Nebraska ever playing in the Big-8/12...just ask Penn State.

:focus:

When was the last time 2 teams from the same conference won the National Championship ?

Penn State and Nebraska shared the NC awhile back !

Recruiting...

Noticed Michigan is finally going to have a decent recruiting class (2012) now that Rich Rodriguez has been run out of town. So besides losing on a regular basis, he also managed to drive-away prospects in records numbers. I hated to see Tressel get into trouble at OSU, but I'm happy we picked up a couple of their recruits (Kalis and Strobel).

I hate to admit it, but the Spitoonies (Michigan State) have a solid looking team this year, along with a stellar recruiting class in 2012 (more RR fallout, I'm sure). Of course, MSU has always been a victim of their own leadership failures. Could this be their year?

Any Cornhusker fans on the boards? We're interested in hearing your thoughts and opinions on moving over to the Big Ten. Yep, the Big 12 folks hate you, but I get the feeling the league will left to Texas in a few years. If nothing else, at least your football program will enjoy a much larger share of the television revenues...but I'm expecting some epic battles along the way.

By all accounts it would appear the Tressel Tussel has really hurt OSU's recruiting effort next year. Coach Fickel will have to win soon and win often in order to stop any potential long-term damage. Offhand, I don't know much about Coach Fickel. Good one, bad one?

Holy Crap! I cannot believe Joe Paterno is still coaching here in 2011. I respect JoPa...but come on, it's time to watch the game from the stands or behind your 80" HDTV.

Noticed Michigan is finally going to have a decent recruiting class (2012) now that Rich Rodriguez has been run out of town. So besides losing on a regular basis, he also managed to drive-away prospects in records numbers. I hated to see Tressel get into trouble at OSU, but I'm happy we picked up a couple of their recruits (Kalis and Strobel).

I hate to admit it, but the Spitoonies (Michigan State) have a solid looking team this year, along with a stellar recruiting class in 2012 (more RR fallout, I'm sure). Of course, MSU has always been a victim of their own leadership failures. Could this be their year?

Any Cornhusker fans on the boards? We're interested in hearing your thoughts and opinions on moving over to the Big Ten. Yep, the Big 12 folks hate you, but I get the feeling the league will left to Texas in a few years. If nothing else, at least your football program will enjoy a much larger share of the television revenues...but I'm expecting some epic battles along the way.

By all accounts it would appear the Tressel Tussel has really hurt OSU's recruiting effort next year. Coach Fickel will have to win soon and win often in order to stop any potential long-term damage. Offhand, I don't know much about Coach Fickel. Good one, bad one?

Holy Crap! I cannot believe Joe Paterno is still coaching here in 2011. I respect JoPa...but come on, it's time to watch the game from the stands or behind your 80" HDTV.

I agree with much of what you posted here ....

As for Fickell, we really don't know, he's never been a HC before.
He's been on staff as an assistant for awhile now.

Hopefully we will have an initiative OFFENSE now !

My buddy and I have always wanted Tressel to turn the card over ( he use to have a card with the plays on it, side one was RB up the middle , RB off tackle .... ) worked 10 $ of the time... it got agonizing to be able to call the plays from home and be right the majority of the time on 1st and 2nd downs.

Yes Husker fan here. Looking forward to the move and playing in the Big 10. Not sure how will do the offense has to many questions with a new OC. I think the talent is there just wonder if they can pull it together for a full season.

Also not much to say about the Big XII. We are gone and no sense to worry about them. I do find it interesting some of the parting shots fired our way.

Shawn

Yes Husker fan here. Looking forward to the move and playing in the Big 10. Not sure how will do the offense has to many questions with a new OC. I think the talent is there just wonder if they can pull it together for a full season.

Also not much to say about the Big XII. We are gone and no sense to worry about them. I do find it interesting some of the parting shots fired our way.

Shawn

Welcome to the Forum and the Big 10 - 12 !

Your QB makes me nervous ...

I've always admired the Nebraska football program. Amazing how Nebraska has only played Michigan six (6) times over the past 100 years and only twice (2) against Ohio State ('55 and '56). Conversely, Penn State and Nebraska played a number of times over the years. I look forward to some memorable games in the coming years. :)

Big Ten Schools to Play Nine Conference Games Beginning in 2017

Source

"The Big Ten announced today that conference football programs will move to a nine-game Big Ten schedule beginning with the 2017 season.

Three teams each from the Legends Division and Leaders Division will feature five conference home games during odd-numbered years, while the other three schools from each division will host five conference contests during even-numbered years. The 2017 schedule will include five conference home outings for Iowa, Michigan State and Nebraska from the Legends Division and Illinois, Indiana and Ohio State from the Leaders Division. The 2018 schedule will feature five Big Ten home games for Michigan, Minnesota and Northwestern of the Legends Division and Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin of the Leaders Division.

The Big Ten will return to a full nine-game conference schedule for the first time since the 1983 and 1984 seasons. Eight of 10 conference schools played nine-game schedules during the 1981 and 1982 seasons, while two of 10 teams featured nine-game schedules from 1971-72 and 1977-80."

Full Story

Really? Most of the Penn St. faithful around here remember fondly the independent years, and don't consider the Big Ten the et all end all.

I thought you're an SECdomite? I have several friends who have graduated from PSU and they're very happy the University is involved with Big Ten athletics...not just football. Additionally, I try to visit an uncle who lives in the seven mountains every other year and we usually catch a football game. The locals mostly care that the football team is wining.

I thought you're an SECdomite? I have several friends who have graduated from PSU and they're very happy the University is involved with Big Ten athletics...not just football. Additionally, I try to visit an uncle who lives in the seven mountains every other year and we usually catch a football game. The locals mostly care that the football team is wining.
I grew up in the South, but I have lived in PA for the last 12 years, and thus am exposed to the "Penn State Nation" (unfortunately my oldest boy loves the Nittany Lions, and thus I'm forced to watch them). While they like being in the Big Ten, they don't equate it to being the et all of college football the way a team that's been in a conference forever, and wouldn't be devasted is Penn State went elsewhere. Penn State fans just don't identify with the Big Ten as the other teams that have been there longer. Sorta the way Salsa and the Miami people feel about the ACC.

Even this comment board I happened upon agrees:
Penn State comments: Nittany Nation still doesn't feel part of Big Ten family | PennLive.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)